Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Guild Wars

Old 04-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
DeadlyZeus

What to do when you pre-purchase Guild Wars 2

So I just pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 and it gave me a code, what do I do with this code, and how do I download GW2 so I can play it during the beta weekends?
Old 04-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
revolving door

You should get a confirmation e-mail and click register account. Now if you have an existing GW1 account click "yes" when it asks you if you have a GW1 account and then create your GW2 account. I don't think you can download the client yet. You should get a e-mail once you are able to.
revolving door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
DeadlyZeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolving door View Post
You should get a confirmation e-mail and click register account. Now if you have an existing GW1 account click "yes" when it asks you if you have a GW1 account and then create your GW2 account. I don't think you can download the client yet. You should get a e-mail once you are able to.
Thanks +rep, and btw, do you happen to know what the Proof of Purchase that we need to show to the retailer is?
DeadlyZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #4
revolving door

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyZeus View Post
Thanks +rep, and btw, do you happen to know what the Proof of Purchase that we need to show to the retailer is?
Not sure. I pre-purchased directly from the GW2 website and I didn't have to show anything. My account is all set to go once beta/launch starts, albeit without my GW1 and GW2 account being linked. Hopefully support will fix that.
revolving door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #5
Ghost Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyZeus View Post
So I just pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 and it gave me a code, what do I do with this code, and how do I download GW2 so I can play it during the beta weekends?

Sounds like you bought the digital edition to me, with that said the code you received is your cd key/account access.

If you did buy the digital edition you will have no retailer exchanges, they will send you an email link to download the beta game client before the weekend events and you will also download the full game client upon release.

100% digital just like steam, hang on to that code and code email.
Ghost Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #6
DeadlyZeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
Sounds like you bought the digital edition to me, with that said the code you received is your cd key/account access.

If you did buy the digital edition you will have no retailer exchanges, they will send you an email link to download the beta game client before the weekend events and you will also download the full game client upon release.

100% digital just like steam, hang on to that code and code email.
Oh... I think I didn't see the heading that said "How does physical Pre-Purchase work?" Thanks so much!
DeadlyZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #7
Ghost Dog

If you bought the physical pre purchase you will eventually trade a code for software if I remember correctly.

The process differs by region, the main site and guildwars2guru have all the information.
Ghost Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:09 AM   #8
melody123

U may do as the prompts...ive pre-ordered the GW 2cdkey from http://www.allcdkey.com/Guild-Wars-2-1076.html, and they deliver the cdkey within five minutes after i place the order, its so fast...
melody123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Guild Wars