Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 06:19 AM   #1
akm22

This game is disgusting and stupid

Russians (soviet) soldiers had the heaviest casualties on WW2, destroyed fascist germany alone on the eastern front, save more than half europe and captured Berlin, and you making us as enemy alongside with the germans? this is bull****. soviet soldiers arrived to Berlin long before the americans and also forced hilter to suicide without them.
This game is released in 4th may - 5 days before the victory day over germany, if these uneducated delevopers would arrive to Russia and tell about this game to ww2 veteran, he would shoot them in the face for making that crap
0/10
Old 04-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
Free Trade Inn

With all due respect to yourself and your fellow countrymen I think you are over reacting.
1/ War is a messy afair and almost everyone ends up with blood on their hands. Lets be honest if you get through one alive then you are fortunate never mind get through one smelling of roses.
2a/ The information that comes with the game clearly states that it is a fictitious alternative timeline with creative licence applied to the content for the purposes of entertainment.
2b/ In no way are is Russia vilified beyond the reality of the start of the cold war and the developement of atomic wepons.
3/ If you are this sensitive about the subject why did you buy the game AND what exactly were you expecting?

I have written this with the greatest respect and hope when you read this the tone comes across thusly.
If I have offended you then feel free to private message me with your grievence, alternatively if we can continue this in a mature way then I think it could be the start of an interesting thread.
BTW I am English and I love it when one of us gets cast as the villan in a story, even if he/she is the only Brit in the story.
Respectfully yours,

FTI
Old 04-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
ElfShotTheFood

http://i.imgur.com/1KPR6.gif
Old 04-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
Remember Pluto

Remember, No Russian.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
Hotax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Pluto View Post
Remember, No Russian.
lols :P
Old 04-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
RedReversed

If we have the right to kill Germans , we have the right to kill Russians , as well as every other country.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:51 PM   #7
Astrixzero

Makes me wonder why in the few movies and games told from a German perspective, the enemy is always Russian and never the Western allies?
Old 04-11-2012, 11:56 PM   #8
Dryk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Trade Inn View Post
2b/ In no way are is Russia vilified beyond the reality of the start of the cold war and the developement of atomic wepons.
This. Russians are not villains, they people who wanted the same thing that the Americans wanted and in this game the Americans decided that covert lethal force was the best way to stop them from getting there first.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:23 AM   #9
Rossrox

To be honest, the Russians only got there before the Allies, because they pushed masses of conscripted infantry miles and miles, suffering insanely high casulaties in the process, theres bravery, then theres stupidity, not to mention the countless reports of r@pe, violence and theft along the way to Berlin.

I do think though that a lot of lives could of been saved in a slower, co-ordinated attack into Berlin, but Russia at the time favoured fame over life.

No side in a war is ever innocent, mistakes and crimes are committed by all participants, you can never ever fully justify your country's innocence in a war, no faction is a villain as said before, all countries are victims in war.

If you feel you have a right to kill German soldiers in a video game, then expect others to feel in a similar light towards Russian soldiers, as well as Allied and Commonwealth forces.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:02 AM   #10
peter tron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossrox View Post
but Russia at the time favoured fame over life
ah, i think that they were filled with a huge amount of bitterness and fury over what germany had tried to do to them. the amount of casualties that they suffered was the highest in the whole war.

fact.

they went through hell to stop the germans, and it was a decidedly pivotal turning point in the war.

i think using the term "fame" could be construed as slightly flippant, to say the least.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #11
Rossrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter tron View Post
ah, i think that they were filled with a huge amount of bitterness and fury over what germany had tried to do to them. the amount of casualties that they suffered was the highest in the whole war.

fact.

they went through hell to stop the germans, and it was a decidedly pivotal turning point in the war.

i think using the term "fame" could be construed as slightly flippant, to say the least.
It was bitterness and fury that led to the casualties, coupled with the fact they wanted to reach Berlin before anyone else. As I said, theres bravery, then theres stupidity, turning point or not.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #12
bonescr4per

Oh, those poor treacherous Russians. You can kill them in SE! What a shame! Too bad they had no shame invading Finland and Poland in 1939, killing and pillaging en masse. Those brave heroes of WWII...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_war_crimes

Last edited by bonescr4per: 04-12-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #13
peter tron

well, there you go!

what's the point, we're all completely useless. drop the big one! c'mon, let's all just end it now, slit those skinny little wrists 'n' jump off that steep clifftop!

politics: why bother?
Old 04-14-2012, 12:53 AM   #14
Astrixzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonescr4per View Post
Oh, those poor treacherous Russians. You can kill them in SE! What a shame! Too bad they had no shame invading Finland and Poland in 1939, killing and pillaging en masse. Those brave heroes of WWII...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_war_crimes

And the Western Allies are total saints:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing...n_World_War_II

Oh wait
Old 04-14-2012, 06:25 AM   #15
bonescr4per

And how's that even remotely similar to deliberate ethnic cleansings, pogroms, POW massacres, mass rapings, an the like over the course of the whole WWII? There is no comparison.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite