Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Global Agenda: Free Agent

Old 04-11-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
NephilimNexus

Day one noob question

So from what I read, this is a PvP game in the tradition of Tribes. Alright, sounds good to me. Some RPG elements thrown in because why not? So far so good.

So I made a character and ran through the tutorial. The tutorial kind of surprised me, because at no point was I offered any choice in which side I wanted to play - I was railroaded into the Resistance, no questions asked or answers offered.

Okay, thinks I, it's just a tutorial. Writing a second tutorial for Commonwealth players may have simply been too much trouble. It will probably let me make the actual decision when I'm done with it.

Nope.

So I'm sitting there in the Dome city, fresh out of the tutorial, and I'm thinking "How the heck do they have a PvP game with only one playable faction?"

Confused, I came here looking for answers from the more experienced players. At what point do I actually get to decide which side I want to support? Is it a certain level? A certain plot point? A certain specific scripted mission?

Help a noob out.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #2
NephilimNexus

Thirty views and no reply?
NephilimNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #3
repsack

You wont be able to choose factions. There is only one.
But why do all these agents then fight amongst themselves? beats me..
repsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:41 AM   #4
Dojab

There is one side.

They fight eachother because they are paid by different groups. Think of it as Shadowrun?
Dojab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #5
Isildion

It's kind of sad you don't have the option to join the evil guys, but they don't want you back after all, so you're forced to join the resistance ...which is also kind of stupid since the whole reason you're kicked out was their intervention.
Isildion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:32 AM   #6
Jiggy727

From what I could get out of it the tutorial is more of an "You're a resistance operative who was captured, and being reprogrammed by the Commonwealth, and you were rescued just in time to stop reprogramming, but not in time to prevent the total mind wipe." So, in hence you were always part of the resistance, you just didn't know it. =D It is a little vague, though and I still don't quite fully understand it, but yea... Go kick some robot !

And the factions are Agencies, technically...

Last edited by Jiggy727: 06-11-2012 at 04:35 AM.
Jiggy727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #7
sonicthefast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggy727 View Post
From what I could get out of it the tutorial is more of an "You're a resistance operative who was captured, and being reprogrammed by the Commonwealth, and you were rescued just in time to stop reprogramming, but not in time to prevent the total mind wipe." So, in hence you were always part of the resistance, you just didn't know it. =D It is a little vague, though and I still don't quite fully understand it, but yea... Go kick some robot !

And the factions are Agencies, technically...
In Global Agenda you are a "Super Agent". A genetically modified human created by The Commonwealth, the current only true government in the world, after a third world war which devastated most of the Earth.

Super Agents were created as a reactionary measure to the small scale yet hard hitting attacks on The Commonwealth by opposing forces "Agents".
(I get the feeling the Super Agents, including the player, were to be things such as Helots (Assaults), Assassins (Recons), Techro (Robotics) and Alchemist (Medics).)

The Commonwealth is dictated as so powerful that no full military force can effectively fight it, as The Commonwealth relies almost solely on cloned or robotic soldiers to do the fighting.

You were broken out of the tank you were created in by members of an organisation known as the A.R.M. (Allied Revolutionary Militia). This is an NPC faction that wishes to depose The Commonwealth as the big boss guys of the Earth, as they control all economics directly and various other things. Basically think of US propaganda of the USSR multiplied by a factor of 100.

Your rescuers, unfortunately, did not survive to greet you which resulted in their radio operator, Ava Lockhart, to communicate directly with you to guide you to an extraction point.

The game was originally supposed to be FOCUSSED on your fight for independence and survival from The Commonwealth and eachother. This mostly took place on the Conquest system, however, excluding any interaction with The Commonwealth.

The reason why all these groups fight amongst themselves is ebcause they all have their own AGENDAs. Everyone wants something out of the world and you are either a mercenary trying to get yours out of fighting for people. Or be part of an agency to fight as a group for your own patch of the Earth and piece of independence.

Last edited by sonicthefast: 06-20-2012 at 10:15 AM.
sonicthefast is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Global Agenda: Free Agent