Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Witcher, The

Old 04-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
karmaepsilon

Red face Has anyone gone to CDProjeckt support about the bad port & actually gotten any help?

Just curious.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
karmaepsilon

SO I take it that's a no?
karmaepsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
runtheplacered

It might help if your question made any sense.
runtheplacered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
karmaepsilon

The Mac port consistently has Wine (they tossed a Wine wrapper on it for the port) related crashes.
There are at least 3 topics about this in the top 10 most recent threads.
I figured it wouldn't have to spell that out again for most people.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #5
Shails74

Quote:
Originally Posted by runtheplacered View Post
It might help if your question made any sense.
I understood the question, being that the Mac port seems to basically be broken - crashes every few minutes on my computer. He was wondering if anyone has taken it up with CDProjeckt. I haven't as yet - have just given up trying to play it. Hopefully they will fix it. Won't be buying anything off Steam or CDProjeckt anytime soon given the quality of this.
Shails74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #6
Shails74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shails74 View Post
I understood the question, being that the Mac port seems to basically be broken - crashes every few minutes on my computer. He was wondering if anyone has taken it up with CDProjeckt. I haven't as yet - have just given up trying to play it. Hopefully they will fix it. Won't be buying anything off Steam or CDProjeckt anytime soon given the quality of this.
Just tried, but wouldn't accept my query. For some reason, kept getting "undefined" message.

Seems like the problem happened a bit in the Windows version of the game as well, given that one of the FAQs on their website is as follows:

Crash to desktop during the game

We advise you to lower the graphic settings in game's Launcher, especially Texture Memory Size. Sometimes, autodetection enables higher display options which can cause frequent crashes.
If problem still exists please follow instructions below...
Old 04-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #7
karmaepsilon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shails74 View Post
Just tried, but wouldn't accept my query. For some reason, kept getting "undefined" message.

Seems like the problem happened a bit in the Windows version of the game as well, given that one of the FAQs on their website is as follows:

Crash to desktop during the game

We advise you to lower the graphic settings in game's Launcher, especially Texture Memory Size. Sometimes, autodetection enables higher display options which can cause frequent crashes.
If problem still exists please follow instructions below...
The crash most people seem to be getting on Macs seems to be 100% port related. Yours might be different. What I have and have seen others complain of is the "Deficiency in Wine" crash that pops up the errors message and freezes everything so you have to do a force quit. The first thing I tried was dropping the settings to minimum and that did nothing to change the frequency. I'll random hit a block of time where it'll play without issue for 3-5 hours. But then I'll also hit time periods where I cannot even load a save file without a crash or it crashes every loading screen. -.-

I haven't heard back from CDProjekt about anything so that's why I was wondering if anyone else had.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #8
Shails74

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmaepsilon View Post
The crash most people seem to be getting on Macs seems to be 100% port related. Yours might be different. What I have and have seen others complain of is the "Deficiency in Wine" crash that pops up the errors message and freezes everything so you have to do a force quit. The first thing I tried was dropping the settings to minimum and that did nothing to change the frequency. I'll random hit a block of time where it'll play without issue for 3-5 hours. But then I'll also hit time periods where I cannot even load a save file without a crash or it crashes every loading screen. -.-

I haven't heard back from CDProjekt about anything so that's why I was wondering if anyone else had.
That is the same crash I am having. Error message, black screen, force quit. Had a couple of hours early on, but now pretty much every 5 to 10 minutes. Have tried all sorts of different settings. Had some success by turning off sound for a while, but that must have been a fluke, because started crashing again shortly after that regardless of whether sound was on or off.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #9
EllEzDee

If you intend to complain, while you're at it could you ask them about the utterly terrible job they did porting Saints Row 2 to the PC?

For example: why didn't you bother supporting it?
Why did you do such a terrible job of it?
Why are you still charging people money for it?
Etc.
EllEzDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #10
xizar

I've gotten zero support from them for the mac version after several requests for help.

Writing this off.
xizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:36 PM   #11
karmaepsilon

WELL .
JUST .
ITY .
And yes I know this will all be censored.
Ah well at least it's PC AND Mac not just one or the other. This way I'll be able to play it next Fall after I buy a gaming desktop with my summer job money.
Plus Two Worlds II is still only 20% or so finished. I've still got lots of gameplay there @.@
I just wanted to play TWEE before they released TW2 for the 360
Old 04-13-2012, 01:47 AM   #12
Brally1000

I've just sent an email to them. Hope they respond
Brally1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #13
vinland_king

who on their sanity buy an overpriced Mac, when with half the budget you can get PC with top hardware of your choice making Mac looking silly.

buy a PC, enjoy witcher wonderful graphics and save money.
vinland_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #14
karmaepsilon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinland_king View Post
who on their sanity buy an overpriced Mac, when with half the budget you can get PC with top hardware of your choice making Mac looking silly.

buy a PC, enjoy witcher wonderful graphics and save money.
Blah blah blah blah PC-elitism blah blah blah blah blah *proceeds to contribute nothing to the discussion or to anything other than their own misplaced superiority complex*
Old 04-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #15
Capitola2633

I'm experiencing the same crashes as others are reporting here. I went to the CDProjeckt website (using the link that was posted here in the forums,) but I've been unable to submit my report! I get a dialog box that says:

http://en.thewitcher.com
undefined

when I click send, so I can't even submit a "problem ticket" to them.
This is very frustrating.
-s
Capitola2633 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Witcher, The