Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Legend of Grimrock

Old 04-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #1
Per Parker

Question Hoarding Items

Is there any point of hoarding weapons and other items? I presume it's no gold or shops so it would be pointless?

I'm a old school gamer who loved Eye of the beholder, amberstar and other old school rpg's but i think i'm a bit rusty on my old days
The manual spellcasting took me by supprise but i'm getting used to it now.

Last edited by Per Parker: 04-11-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
SpiritSharD

I don't think there's any benefit for saving up older weapons, armours etc...apart from using them to press down switches on the floor.
SpiritSharD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
Mafurios

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSharD View Post
I don't think there's any benefit for saving up older weapons, armours etc...apart from using them to press down switches on the floor.
I always keep a spare burned out torch for pressure plates and some rocks armor and weapons are too heavy to keep around just to hold down a switch.

If you think something might be useful in the future for whatever reason just drop it and mark the spot on your map I'm pretty sure it will stay there forever.
Mafurios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #4
JoeB

There are no vendors in this game so hoarding items (especially equipment) isn't very useful and just wastes your characters' carrying capacities. Just keep every stone you find (and maybe a few burnt out torches as Mafurios suggested) for the sake of pressure plates and you'll do fine. I always get a chuckle tossing a recently burnt out torch at an enemy though.
JoeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #5
MADDOGGE

I think that's one reason I like this game so much. It's just what you find no having to buy and sell crap. LOL, Not knowing this to begin with I think I had 10-15 of them big old square shields we were carrying around.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #6
Garnog

No spoilers, but some items are completely necessary and others bring great reward later in the game. You just won't know until you get there. But no, there isn't any type of 'economy system'. Good luck!
Garnog is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Legend of Grimrock