Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Legend of Grimrock

Old 04-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
mex1jvr

What is Your Group of Four!?

1. Races 2.What build you are going for(skills you are aiming for) 3. what you would change (played 3 hrs, and noticed one thing i would change).

1. I have 2 humans (one warrior and one rogue), 1 minotaur (warrior) and 1 insectoid (mage).
2. Human warrior is armorer and sword build only. Human Rogue is missle and assassin build only. Minotaur is armorer and unarmored only (fists and shield). Mage Insectoid is fire and arcane only.
3. I think having 1 warrior and 2 rogues and 1 mage would have been better. 1 rogue is more melee (dex build, not pts. in strength) with only assassin, dodge and maybe dagger while the other rogue would be ranged and some other skill tree. Mage would be the same and the only one that would be fighting for warrior type is Minotaur and Human. Minotaurs rock with unarmoered and having traits head hunter (skulls) and fist fighter.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
mex1jvr

oh, and what traits did you use!?

human warrior had +2 for strenght and dex (forgot name).
rogue has evasion and dex +2
Minotaur has fist fighter and head hunter.
Insectoid has +2 willpower and +15 aura.
mex1jvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
djgromo

I have 2 minotaurs as warriors (first with shield and axe, second with torch and sword), 1 lizard as rouge with some stones to throw and now i found some ninja stars (before he had compass lol), 1 insectoid as mage (swords to throwing and staff).
djgromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
ste555

hanibal - human warrior - swords, armour, athletics
BA - lizard warrior - maces, athletics, armour
face - lizard rogue - assasination, daggers, throwing
murdoch - human mage - earth, general, fire
ste555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #5
ste555

Quote:
Originally Posted by mex1jvr View Post
1. Races 2.What build you are going for(skills you are aiming for) 3. what you would change (played 3 hrs, and noticed one thing i would change).

1. I have 2 humans (one warrior and one rogue), 1 minotaur (warrior) and 1 insectoid (mage).
2. Human warrior is armorer and sword build only. Human Rogue is missle and assassin build only. Minotaur is armorer and unarmored only (fists and shield). Mage Insectoid is fire and arcane only.
3. I think having 1 warrior and 2 rogues and 1 mage would have been better. 1 rogue is more melee (dex build, not pts. in strength) with only assassin, dodge and maybe dagger while the other rogue would be ranged and some other skill tree. Mage would be the same and the only one that would be fighting for warrior type is Minotaur and Human. Minotaurs rock with unarmoered and having traits head hunter (skulls) and fist fighter.
you get assasin high enough you can melee with your rogue from the back row
ste555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #6
spartan0078

human fighter
minotaur fighter
human rogue
human mage

I'm not big on the insectoids and lizardmen lol.
spartan0078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #7
Vayne018

Minotaur: Fighter going Mace and Athletic. I gave him Full str and vitality at creation. Traits: Healthy (+2 vit) & Head Hunter (+3 power for each skull he is carrying). Right now his stats are 22/6/21/7 at lvl 4. One thing I regret about him is his accuracy. He doesn't hit his target often enough.

Lizardman: Rogue going Dagger and Dodge. I gave him full dex, some str and vit at creation. Traits: Athletic (+2 str) & Evasive (+7 evasion) Stats are 12/20/14/9 at lvl 4. Right now, I'm not regretting anything about him. Low dmg but he hits his target often and that's ok with me.

Insectoid: Mage going Fire + Spellcraft. I gave him full willpower, some dex and vit at creation. Traits: Skilled (+3 skillpoints) & Healthy (+2 vit) Stats: 9/13/12/22 at lvl 4. I'm not sure if I should have gotten him any dexterity at creation, but right now he's doing ok.

Human: Mage going Earth + Spellcraft. Same stats allocation as my other mage. Traits: Skilled & Strong Mind (+2 willpower). Stats: 10/13/12/18 at lvl 4. I don't find earth to be a good primary choice of spell, but I'm sticking with it. Right now she's my weakest character, I find myself throwing rocks at enemies more often than casting her earth spells.

Last edited by Vayne018: 04-11-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Vayne018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #8
mex1jvr

Vayne. What i did with minotaur is i maxed out his dex (well one off) and everything else on vit and dex. I picked unarmored because it gives bonuses on str. and dex (especially) for him not to miss and fist fighter for bonus to fist (+6).

What i regret is that my rogue should have stuck to thowing weapons, so that i can hold one weapon in on hand and the throwing weapons in the other. Bow and arrow take both slots.

Don't but dex into your mages. They are not going to be in the front lines to evade and are not rogues. I maxed out willpower and everything in vitality so they can survive.

Hahaha!! Earth magic is beast! at the beginning of level you get your first fire scroll, then later ice spell and some other one. but in level two, if you look for hidden paths you get crazy earth spells like poison, poison bolt, and poison shield (you need +12 for that). So explore as much as you can. I focus on mage with only one school of magic and arcane arts. Fire is what i chose. If you run out of light, get mage to use middle middle rune and upper middle rune. It will light up surroundings.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #9
Freyar

• BattleCow
    • Minotaur
    • Fighter
      • Strength: 19
      • Dexterity: 12
      • Vitality: 16
      • Willpower: 7
    • Armors: 1
    • Head Hunter
    • Healthy
  • BattleHuman
    • Human
    • Fighter
      • Strength: 18
      • Dexterity: 12
      • Vitality: 14
      • Willpower: 10
    • Armors: 2
    • Swords: 2
    • Healthy
    • Athletic
  • StabbyLizard
    • Lizardman
    • Rogue
      • Strength: 14
      • Dexterity: 16
      • Vitality: 12
      • Willpower: 9
    • Assassination: 3
    • Agile
    • Evasive
  • ZappyInsect
    • Insectoid
    • Mage
      • Strength: 8
      • Dexterity: 15
      • Vitality: 10
      • Willpower: 20
    • Ice Magic: 2
    • Spellcraft: 1
    • Aura
    • Strong Mind
Freyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #10
nyderic

Human - Warrior - Athletics + Armor
Minotaur - Warrior - Armor + Unarmed
Lizardman - Rogue - Throwing Weapons
Insectoid - Mage - Ice Magic + Spellcraft
nyderic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #11
Burbots Revenge

I try it a little harder.

1. Vasher(Human): Warrior + Sword/Armor
2. Siri(Human): Rogue + Daggers/Dodge
3. Vivienne(Human): Mage + AirMAgic/Spellcraft
4: Thing(Lizard):Rogue + MissileWeapons/Dodge
Burbots Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #12
Chewy1.2

I went for the classic setup and gave them a little backgound.

2 warriors. One an human Ex-soldier skilled in swords that went AWOL because he couldn't take the suffering he was ordered to do.
And one Mino that loves a good glass of beer. He was just having a hard day and wanted to get home, but some lords sun had other plans. It didn't go as planed, to put it short. :}

1 Rouge. A lizard man trained as a circus performer and was a master at the throwing knife. Until one blade slipped that is.

1 mage. An insectoid who's luck had run out. He fell victim to the ignorance of an angry mob riddled with plague. They blamed him when all he wanted to do was help.
Chewy1.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #13
Arklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbots Revenge View Post
I try it a little harder.

1. Vasher(Human): Warrior + Sword/Armor
2. Siri(Human): Rogue + Daggers/Dodge
3. Vivienne(Human): Mage + AirMAgic/Spellcraft
4: Thing(Lizard):Rogue + MissileWeapons/Dodge
I see I am not the only Sanderson fan on the forums!

On topic, I played the first level with the default party to get a feel for the game. Going to restart with a custom party here shortly!
Arklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #14
mex1jvr

good!!! Arklin. I started another play through with 2 rogues and 1 warrior and 1 mage. so far it is great!! 1 rogue up front with dagger/dodge skill tree, he doesn't get hit. other rogue is behind with assassin/throwing. 1 minotaur with unarmed and armored, pommeling and is the meat shield. mage insectoid is doing his job.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:03 AM   #15
flex12

I'm going for 2 Warrios (1 HeavyMail with Axe or Blunt and 1 LightArmor with Evasion + Sword), 1 ranged Rogue and 1 IceMage.

Can't decide if the Rogue should go for bows or throwing weapons though.
flex12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Legend of Grimrock