Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Old 04-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
Cuttlefishes

Lightbulb Razorback Buff!

Hey there!
The Razorback. The most hated weapon; voted 'Worst Weapon of 2011' and generally regarded as completely useless. And to be quite frank, it is. The Spy can just shoot you, and even if he doesn't, and backstabs you, it's useless anyway. Why, you may ask? Well, think about it. You might not even hear it, but even if you do; the Spy moves just as fast as you and has the benefit of not having to unscope and turn around. So by the time you've faced him, he's already too far away to melee and 1/1.5 seconds of the stun have already passed. You can't SMG or Jarate-then-noscope him, since the Razorback uses up that secondary slot. And by the time you've landed 1 or 2 noscoped shots (if you can even hit him; he can dodge!) the stun's run out and he can simply cloak and run away.

So, now I've explained why the Razorback is useless, I'll explain my proposed buff. I think if you backstab a Razorback-wearing Sniper, you should die. Because if you're too stupid to shoot him when he has a shield you know stuns on a backstab, then you deserve to die. Also, it'll teach newer players quickly when npt to backstab, and we won't have utterly stunned and confused spies anymore.
So, do you agree with me? I think it's a pretty fair buff, since the other secondaries like Jarate or the SMG are pretty potent and they should all be useful in certain situations.

Thanks for reading!
~ Cuttle
Old 04-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
Foxzet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttlefishes View Post
Hey there!
The Razorback. The most hated weapon; voted 'Worst Weapon of 2011' and generally regarded as completely useless. And to be quite frank, it is.
*poot Sun-on-a-Stick, Fan 'O War, Mantreads, Diamondback and Claidheamh Mr here*

Just sayin'.

Besides,
A. Razorback can be a lifesaver on Medieval Mode, if the Sniper knows what he's doing.
B. How the heck do you think Strange Razorback can be leveled up, if it kills Spies when they backstab it? It'd be near impossible to find 8500 spies who are that dumb.

Also, most hated weapon? Obviously you haven't met Backburner, Enforcer or Machina yet.

Last edited by Foxzet: 04-11-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Foxzet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #3
Perfect Cell

You just need to land a 180 quackscope on the Spy
Perfect Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #4
|マed

Banned
*Reads entire post*
I CAN'T FIND ANY JAG WHACKING JOKES
|マed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #5
Cuttlefishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by |マed View Post
*Reads entire post*
I CAN'T FIND ANY JAG WHACKING JOKES
What?
Would you prefer a jag-whacking thread?
Cuttlefishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
Rynjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxzet View Post
*poot Sun-on-a-Stick, Fan 'O War, Mantreads, Diamondback and Claidheamh Mr here*
I know you did not just imply that the Diamondback was bad. And worse than the RAZORBACK.

At least you can KILL with all of those weapons.
Rynjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #7
Captain Blades

No random critical hits

There we go.
Captain Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #8
Dr. Sandman

Quote:
*poot Sun-on-a-Stick, Fan 'O War-
OH HELL NO! The FoW is anything but useless! It's like mini-jarate for the scout!
Dr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #9
BlazeFireMaster

Uh... I don't like this idea. I've seen quite a few snipers that don't look like they're wearing the Razorback, but they are. This might be a good buff... or, it could severely damage the spy, that way, it doesn't punish you for the server/client glitch. (And please, is Valve really gonna fix it? When they have much...bigger bugs? (That won't get fixed anyway))
BlazeFireMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #10
Shunfglol3

Quote:

Just sayin'.
Nononono, all these weaps are more useful than the razorback (except the mantreads) specially the diamondback.
Shunfglol3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #11
Foxzet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
I know you did not just imply that the Diamondback was bad. And worse than the RAZORBACK.

At least you can KILL with all of those weapons.
I know, and I like Diamondback as well. But it seems that the general consensus in TF2 community is
"lol diamondback has great model but it sUx0rzz shokolad salty ballz"
I was just generalising :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sandman View Post
OH HELL NO! The FoW is anything but useless! It's like mini-jarate for the scout!
...A mini-jarate which can only tag 1 person at melee range. By the time you finally take out your Scattergun/Pistol after tagging someone, unless they're caught by surprise or are completely oblivious to your existance, you are dead(not big surprise).
Old 04-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #12
cureforhumanity

When I see a sniper with a razorback, and a sniper without, that second sniper is always going to get back stabbed. Unless he is high value target, I almost always ignore snipers with razorbacks. All it does is give away where I am and not net me a kill. It may not be perfect, but for the most part, it serves its purpose.
cureforhumanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #13
Foxzet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cureforhumanity View Post
When I see a sniper with a razorback, and a sniper without, that second sniper is always going to get back stabbed. Unless he is high value target, I almost always ignore snipers with razorbacks. All it does is give away where I am and not net me a kill. It may not be perfect, but for the most part, it serves its purpose.
this
5this
Old 04-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #14
Brutis_Buckeye

I got one. Whenever a sniper is charged with the kritzberg meidun, if a spy attempts to stab him, the spy is shocked so bad, that either he dies, or he is only able to type things like this
กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ ก้้้้้้้้้้ กิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิิ
Brutis_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #15
Ole' swifty

Quote:

...A mini-jarate which can only tag 1 person at melee range. By the time you finally take out your Scattergun/Pistol after tagging someone, unless they're caught by surprise or are completely oblivious to your existance, you are dead(not big surprise).

It works well.

It lasts a long time but more importantly it cannot be "healed off" of people by a medic like jaratee.

Run in and slap that soldier/heavy/demo being healed by the medic so your team can take them out. Sure you can try to kill the medic but there is much less room for error, you might only land one shot and then be killed.

*shrugs* I like it, it's fun.
Ole' swifty is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2