Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Legend of Grimrock

Old 04-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
Scorcher24

Suggestions for Grimrock

Let's collect some good suggestions here and I make sure they will receive it by mail.

My suggestions so far after a few hours playing:

* Quicksavebutton - how could they miss it? You can save at any time, so why not having a quicksave button on it. Preferred Button: F5 - F8 for Quickload.
* Steam Workshop once the editor hits the road
* VSync enabled by default
Old 04-12-2012, 12:11 AM   #2
SadGuy69

random loot on secret rooms would give a lot of replay value to the game if you keep in mind that the levels are not randomly generated... anyways i am having a lot of fun with this game as it is.
SadGuy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:55 AM   #3
Darthyip

Off the top of my head:

*Steam Cloud.
*Achievements integrated into non-Steam versions.
*Volume sliders.
*Pre-rendered intro movie. The current one looks great, but imagine how amazing it could be in motion with voice over.
*Anti-aliasing
*UI layout options. Such as making the party UI larger (harder doing spells on a laptop's smaller screen).
Darthyip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:22 AM   #4
synx

Quicksaving/Quickloading? Absolutely.

Steam Workshop? Couldn't hurt, but it's unlikely.

Vsync by default? Hah, no thanks.
synx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:05 AM   #5
Dafali

Thumbs up

that there was no randomly generated dungeons was my biggest disappointment
Dafali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:08 AM   #6
azmothman

There may not be random generated dungeons but the game interface as well as the devs have indicated users will be able to create their own dungeons, which will be in my opninion far better.
azmothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:43 AM   #7
Mivo

Two suggestions:

- I'd really like to be able change the volume of the music and the sound (strange that I can mute sound but not change how loud it is).

- And I wish ESC closed the inventory if open instead of bringing up the menu. You'd not believe how often I hit ESC when trying to close the bags.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:35 AM   #8
GhoXen

Just a tip, FXAA and SMAA injectors work perfectly with the game. For the Steam version you may need to turn off "Steam community in-game" in the properties.
GhoXen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:59 AM   #9
reaven666

I want to make Esc close inventory too, as I keep pressing it. Its also a bit hard to open the inventory though clicking on the portraits, as it is very easy to move them rather than clicking them.

And maybe using a scroll in your hands could be a faster way of casting said spell. The cons of this is that you are sacrificing a hand slot and losing the freedom of, otherwise, cast any spell you want with the free hand.
reaven666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:15 AM   #10
BeRazer

In the character creation it would be nice if we could import images.
Also Agree with Scorcher (except vsync) and Mivo.

Almost human will be working on a dungeon editor so please include the possibility to upload to Steam Workshop, that would be grand!

Last edited by BeRazer: 04-12-2012 at 07:30 PM.
BeRazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:13 AM   #11
Scorcher24

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhoXen View Post
Just a tip, FXAA and SMAA injectors work perfectly with the game. For the Steam version you may need to turn off "Steam community in-game" in the properties.
No you don't need to . Just turn on the "weird_steam_hack" in the .ini of SMAA .

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaven666 View Post
I want to make Esc close inventory too, as I keep pressing it. Its also a bit hard to open the inventory though clicking on the portraits, as it is very easy to move them rather than clicking them.
You can open it by pressing 1-4 too. But +1 for inventory closed by escape .
Scorcher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:15 AM   #12
ICryCauseImEmo

As others mentioned:

*Quick save
*More menu options, volume sliders etc etc.
*Randomized dungeon (I understand they will work on more as well as user generated). For instance I died within the first hour because well I suck and have never played a game like this. However I knew exactly what to expect within that first hour.

*A different way to hotkey spells. I understand the runes are pretty awesome as well as realistic in the universe sense. However giving maybe a menu option to turn on hotkeys etc would make my mage happy. I already find myself still left clicking on weapons instead of right clicking. Let alone forgetting spell combinations.

*Shift-Click = Equip. As my last statement said I tend to left click on the weapons which can cost precious time in a fight. Possibly have a menu option (I say this because others may not want it changed) where Left / Right click attacks. And the only way to drag a weapon off your character is by Shift clicking?

Last edited by ICryCauseImEmo: 04-12-2012 at 07:18 AM.
ICryCauseImEmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #13
mrmotinjo

"I" for Inventory by default? I keep pressing it out of habit
mrmotinjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #14
inspiral66

The mouse pointer should turn into a hand when interacting wi8th switches, objects etc. And can we have some options on the pointer style, too? I find the present one too small and indistinct.
inspiral66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #15
spartan0078

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspiral66 View Post
The mouse pointer should turn into a hand when interacting wi8th switches, objects etc. And can we have some options on the pointer style, too? I find the present one too small and indistinct.
I disagree with the mouse icon changing. Leaving it as is makes the puzzles a tad harder since yiu have to figure out yourself what can be interacted with instead of the UI holding your hand.
spartan0078 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Legend of Grimrock