Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Legend of Grimrock

Old 04-11-2012, 11:55 PM   #1
JohnnyRamrod

Unhappy Level 3 stuck... suggestions?

OK, on level 3 and stuck. Got past the room with the moving pillars of light without much issue, so went deeper, killed the spiders in the room with the eggs etc. Trouble is, i found 1 key (end of room with the spiders) and I notice there is a door requiring 2 keys. looked over many times and can't find it. if i ignore that room i cross over a platform near the light pillars moving and i'm faced with one of those big metal doors on my left, and on my right an iron/bar door. no secret stones, both shut.

i even jumped down the pit just before that and found a room with multiple teleporters, floor switches behind bars etc, but i'm pretty damn stuck. anyone know how to either a) get that second key or b) get passed either the big metal door or the iron/bar door? i'm wandering around in circles...
Old 04-12-2012, 12:00 AM   #2
mex1jvr

easy... go to the place that "demands a sacrifice" and put anything on there. then press switch and wala! the key. and put another item again to get hidden treasure.
mex1jvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:01 AM   #3
JohnnyRamrod

Sorry, scratch that. I found the answer in another post (yes i read it before, but not far enough down - the question was a little off original topic...).

Anyway, if anyone else is stuck and has the same issue, the answer was in the 'I demand a sacrifice' bit. you DO need to put something in there. I couldn't at first, but it turns out you CAN put things through the bars...
JohnnyRamrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:02 AM   #4
JohnnyRamrod

heh. Thanks mex. You answered the same time i worked it out. But props for sorting it for me anyway!
JohnnyRamrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:14 AM   #5
Kesvalk

well, i am still stuck at the moving portals bit. =/
Kesvalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:57 AM   #6
Aeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesvalk View Post
well, i am still stuck at the moving portals bit. =/
It's easy.

Wait for it to pass, then go to the right 2 tiles. Then turn around and throw a stone or something else over the pit to the wall on the other side. There's a pressure plate which will cause the pit in the middle of the room to close. You can then step on it and leave the room on the other side.
Aeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:22 AM   #7
Prout62

It doesnt work for me because the moving portal remove the rock I put on the pressure plate.
Prout62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:28 AM   #8
Aeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prout62 View Post
It doesnt work for me because the moving portal remove the rock I put on the pressure plate.
No, not the pressure plate in the corner. You take 1 step forward, then two steps to the right. You should then have 1 pressure plate before you and the open pit to your left. Turn left. You should now see a pressure plate at the opposite side of the room, right below the wall you're facing. Throw the rock.
Aeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #9
BeRazer

Guys after the portals puzzle (the one ^ talked about), to the left there is a "iron door" blocked by a trap door how do you get there? Theres a pressure plate down in a pit that I thought could be connected but it did nothing.

edit: ah! nice I tried something like that, putting the torches around that place, tried around pillar, pillar + walls, but not just the wall xD. Thanks!. Quite a sneaky door at first no sound, but there it is, confirmed.

Last edited by BeRazer: 04-12-2012 at 08:50 AM.
BeRazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #10
mex1jvr

^top post. i think to go through that way was if you continue your way towards the spiders there is a pillar to place your torches. Don't place them their, instead place torches on the outer walls.
mex1jvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #11
beatstick

I am stuck too. I have both brass keys, the one from the spider room plus the one from the sacrifice. I can use one of the the keys on the nearby lock, but never both.

Might be some kind of bug. I don't want to play the whole level all over again so maybe there's a no clip cheat or something to bypass the door?
beatstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #12
Maurog

There are two locks
Maurog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:16 AM   #13
beatstick

Doh! Cheers I just had to turn around 180 Degrees...

It's always the little things that make you get stuck in these kind of games. Often you find the details you missed after a nights rest. You just have to stop playing for the day and come back the next morning.
beatstick is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Legend of Grimrock