Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Ridge Racer Unbounded

Old 04-12-2012, 03:27 AM   #1
Ceiling_Cat

Banned
i love this game

i love this game and it is already one of my favourite racing games and i own tons of them

smooth drifting
satisfying demolition
unlimited tracks
fully customisable controls.. if you know how, ive said this before - google is your friend

my only disappointment - weak AI, which is fixable with a bit of work and a patch

good work bugbear <3

not enough threads like this.. reason why? the people that enjoy that game are too busy playing it, as opposed to the people that are on here trashing the devs

dont like the game? dont play it. whining will get you nowhere

*leaves thread*
Old 04-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceiling_Cat View Post
i love this game and it is already one of my favourite racing games and i own tons of them

smooth drifting
satisfying demolition
unlimited tracks
fully customisable controls.. if you know how, ive said this before - google is your friend

my only disappointment - weak AI, which is fixable with a bit of work and a patch

good work bugbear <3

not enough threads like this.. reason why? the people that enjoy that game are too busy playing it, as opposed to the people that are on here trashing the devs

dont like the game? dont play it. whining will get you nowhere

*leaves thread*
I also really love this game. I have loads of racing games as well, through the NFS series, F1, DiRT and GRID, and RRU is tremendously satisfying and enjoyable and I'm very glad I picked it up. I enjoyed Split/Second to some degree, and though amazing at first, the big set-piece destruction in S/S sometimes became repetitive, and I'd find myself not using my power in order to save up a big one just to destroy a large section of the track. In RRU I can basically massage the power and destroy as many obstacles as I want and still have enough left over for some great boosts

It also helped that I recently picked up Flatout: UC during their big sale this winter and while I'm pretty sure I like RRU better, it gave me the opportunity to see how Bugbears car physics and fun. I've got nearly 12 hours worth of gameplay on this game so far, and I enjoy every minute of it
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
RoyalMonaco76

Banned
My only disappointment-no traffic on city streets. Easily fixable with modding.
Fixed.

Last edited by RoyalMonaco76: 04-12-2012 at 11:26 AM.
RoyalMonaco76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalMonaco76 View Post
My only disappointment-no traffic on city streets. Easily fixable with modding.
Fixed.
Some of the tracks have traffic...
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
RoyalMonaco76

Banned
Only highways.
RoyalMonaco76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #6
Chriz

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who loves it. I even lost my saves when I uninstalled STEAM, but just started over without hesitation.
Chriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:17 AM   #7
Alt3

I waited for this game since first teaser just because it was new Bugbear's game, the game from creators of the amazing FlatOut. First trailers didn't impress me but the game looked alright and music was very good. Hands-on from TeamVVV and further trailers really made me wanna play this game. I worried about optimization for my 5-years old PC so I've downloaded cracked version, passed 1st race and went to buy Limited Edition
First impressions was very good and I believe that this game is one of the best racing games nowadays. Despite what people say comparing with Burnout/Split Second I like physics and gameplay of this game much more. I was little disappointed about percentage of modes (too many domination races and only few 'trackmania-style' which I really liked) but after all for such things there is track editor & online.
Alt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #8
oliathsg

I am a convert from just simply not getting (understanding/enjoying) the game to absolutely falling in love with it.

I still suck at drifting though.
If anyone could point me to a nice tutorial online I'd be one happy racer.
oliathsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #9
Ceiling_Cat

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliathsg View Post
I still suck at drifting though.
If anyone could point me to a nice tutorial online I'd be one happy racer.
practise is the only way

make yourself a simple track, with 4 corners and race on it until your fingers and thumbs start to bleed. then make a slightly more complicated track and go from there

Last edited by Ceiling_Cat: 04-13-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Ceiling_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Ridge Racer Unbounded