Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite V2

Old 05-09-2012, 03:49 AM   #301
Bad_Motha

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tody_too View Post
I was also a bit disappointed that I was forced to kill Russian soldiers. I was hoping that It would be possible to sneak around most of them. Yesterday I found a game that might suit your taste a bit more. Iron Front Liberation 1944, It is built on the Arma2:OA engine and will be out on the 25th. Can't wait for that one

It's just war. It's not a matter of taking sides. Don't take it to heart. While WWII did happen in a way depicted in such a game as this, what you're doing in the game is based on fiction.

BTW, you go up against (and kill) Russians in ARMA2 as well, so what's your point.
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:57 AM   #302
Tody_too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Motha View Post
It's just war. It's not a matter of taking sides. Don't take it to heart. While WWII did happen in a way depicted in such a game as this, what you're doing in the game is based on fiction.

BTW, you go up against (and kill) Russians in ARMA2 as well, so what's your point.
I know I know. My point is just that Iron Front might suit him better. Where he can play as Russian driving back the Germans, that's all. I still love Sniper Elite V2, I just wish It was a bit more optional who you had to kill
Tody_too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:05 AM   #303
Bad_Motha

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tody_too View Post
I know I know. My point is just that Iron Front might suit him better. Where he can play as Russian driving back the Germans, that's all. I still love Sniper Elite V2, I just wish It was a bit more optional who you had to kill
He might like Red Orchestra 2 as well

As for SEV2, I sure hope they come out with some addon so we can have some other German or Russian based stories of sorts. Be nice play as Russian fighting the Germans. Or vice versa. Or maybe even come up with some British vs Germans.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:11 AM   #304
Tody_too

Quote:
He might like Red Orchestra 2 as well

As for SEV2, I sure hope they come out with some addon so we can have some other German or Russian based stories of sorts. Be nice play as Russian fighting the Germans. Or vice versa. Or maybe even come up with some British vs Germans.
I totally agree. And maybe have their fate's cross path with Karl's. I really hope for more SP content
Tody_too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #305
hiredhelp

Bonus content

Hi guys can you help me i have bonus content for extra sniper rifles but cant find them in the game.
Ive enterd the code on steam downloaded the dlc.
cheers

BTW LOVE THE GAME AWSOME.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #306
Scorpio27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiredhelp View Post
Hi guys can you help me i have bonus content for extra sniper rifles but cant find them in the game.
Ive enterd the code on steam downloaded the dlc.
cheers

BTW LOVE THE GAME AWSOME.
When loading click the top right bit saying "maps and" something then "loadouts"
if you knew this and they aren't there then I don't know
Scorpio27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #307
neema_t

Are we still asking the developers? If so:

Can you add a control to switch which shoulder the camera looks over? At least once so far I've been in a situation where enemies could see me but I couldn't see them because of a building on my right. I tried to sprint to different cover so I could see and therefore shoot them, but playing on SE meant they killed me instantly.

Can you add an option to turn off health regen in a custom difficulty and add health restoring items to the inventory? Similar to Hitman: Blood Money where you had painkillers and adrenalin shots to regain health, but the emphasis was on not getting shot in the first place. I'd really like to be able to play missions with limited health just to really raise the stakes, as it is you can just wait and you'll be fine again.

On a similar note, an option to limit the amount of ammo you have would be cool, too, so you could try to finish a mission where you have fewer bullets than enemies, forcing you to choose who to stealth kill and who to just snipe.

Other than that I think the game is awesome. I just thought; it would be awesome if you could poke a helmet on a stick or knife out of cover to coax a sniper into shooting it so they reveal their position, but now I'm starting to get carried away. Hopefully we'll see more guns (we've got a Welrod, so why not add some other British weapons?) and missions released as DLC, and the free multiplayer maps are a great move, but a map and mission editor might be the only really meaningful way to prolong the game's life.
neema_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #308
hiredhelp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio27 View Post
When loading click the top right bit saying "maps and" something then "loadouts"
if you knew this and they aren't there then I don't know
s

Cheers yeh tryed that just allowed me the 1 gun
Old 05-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #309
Bad_Motha

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiredhelp View Post
s

Cheers yeh tryed that just allowed me the 1 gun
Try playing Single Player > Challenge Series > Kill Tally and see if it's available in that Loadout screen. If they are then you know you're fine. They might not be available in SP Campaign til u reach a certain mission. But in SP Challange, COOP, MP modes the two DLC rifles (Kar98k and SVT40) should be available.

Also due to the Assassinate Hilter mission being extra, you choose this from the Challenge screen. Just click arrow to switch to it where it says Kill Tally.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:39 AM   #310
Shona

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEV2Community View Post
Hi everyone, we're trying to get through all the issues that have been raised but if you haven't already could you please, please make sure forward your issues to our e-mail support address at: sev2_support@rebellion.co.uk Then it can be properly dealt with by the support team.

Thanks
Thx i add this email to my contact. If i don't get an answer from the email adress on your website i write again the mail to this one
Shona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:10 AM   #311
hiredhelp

Quote:
Try playing Single Player > Challenge Series > Kill Tally and see if it's available in that Loadout screen. If they are then you know you're fine. They might not be available in SP Campaign til u reach a certain mission. But in SP Challange, COOP, MP modes the two DLC rifles (Kar98k and SVT40) should be available.

Also due to the Assassinate Hilter mission being extra, you choose this from the Challenge screen. Just click arrow to switch to it where it says Kill Tally.

Awsome cheers get onto that later thx man.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:29 AM   #312
El_Cappatain

Like a great deal of people, I'm getting horrid performance on the final release in comparison to the demo. The demo ran sweet, smooth....just perfect! The final release stutters, particularity in fire fights! The graphics are very choppy. Devs, are you working on a fix? As you have many many irritated PC users getting very impatient. Thanks.

i7 930 @ 3.8ghz
GTX 570
6GB Trip Channel Ram (1600mhz)
El_Cappatain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:41 AM   #313
SEV2Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Cappatain View Post
Devs, are you working on a fix?
As mentioned on this very thread, we're already working on a patch that may deal with some of the graphics difficulties people have been having. Thanks for your patience.
SEV2Community is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #314
Shona

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEV2Community View Post
As mentioned on this very thread, we're already working on a patch that may deal with some of the graphics difficulties people have been having. Thanks for your patience.
And what is with the activation problems?
Shona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #315
seanjo

Any chance of including the Lee Enfield .303 in the game, it was after all the finest sniper rifle of that period and was in use as a sniper rifle up to the 90's.
seanjo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite V2