Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 04-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
Girshwin

Skyrim Runs, But Can't Find The Folder

Hi,

I think this is the right forum to post this but I'm not sure.

I've been happily playing since November 11th, but about a month ago I was messing around with mods and accidentally deleted my Skyrim folder in the Steam directory. I was trying to return to vanilla Skyrim and uninstalled then reinstalled. When I reinstalled Skyrim, the game ran, but I can't find the Skyrim folder anywhere on my computer. I don't know how to find the file path, and a techie friend tried and failed to located it. So far I've uninstalled and installed three times with the same result. Without Skyrim installed in the normal location I can't access the Nexus Mod Manager or delete the mods I currently have installed. Is there a way to find my Steam folder or manually install it to the right place?
Old 04-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #2
ansellbwoy

Should be in Program files/Steam/Steamapps/Common
ansellbwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
jimmu109

Hi I saw your post and think I can help the skyrim folder should be here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrimC:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim

If not there you can right click the steam icon on your desktop and click open file location and skyrim should be in steamapps/common/skyrim
jimmu109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
Girshwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmu109 View Post
Hi I saw your post and think I can help the skyrim folder should be here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrimC:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim

If not there you can right click the steam icon on your desktop and click open file location and skyrim should be in steamapps/common/skyrim
That's the problem. :/ There is no skyrim folder there. All of my other Steam games are installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common like normal.
Girshwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
jimmu109

Well not sure are you installing it off a cd or downloading from steam.

and...check the Recycle Bin?
jimmu109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
bobczes

If you are using Window 7, when you click on the start button, at the bottom will be a search panel for files and folders.
bobczes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #7
Girshwin

I digitally downloaded from Steam, I don't have a CD. I'm using Vista, but I used the "search for files and folders" feature. The only Skyrim material which shows up is the Skyrim saves folder and associated saves. There is no trace of other Skryim data.

Edit: I deleted the contents of the Recycle Bin a while ago, before I realized it contained my Skyrim folder. Lesson learned, I guess.
Girshwin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V