Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Port Royale series > Port Royale 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
mindmurderer
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 11
Posts: 101
Thumbs up Port Royale 3

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-PR3/port-royale-3 Port royale will release May 4, and is up for pre-order on gamersgate... will this fine game come to Steam or be up for pre order?
mindmurderer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
pinarello1969
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 2
Posts: 52
Store page just went up.
pinarello1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
mindmurderer
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 11
Posts: 101
hells to the yeah... looks interesting. might have to get it.
mindmurderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:22 AM   #4
Bluewave256
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 13
"Oops, sorry!
An error was encountered while processing your request:
This item is currently unavailable in your region"

I'm from Italy.
Bluewave256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:02 AM   #5
pinarello1969
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 2
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewave256 View Post
"Oops, sorry!
An error was encountered while processing your request:
This item is currently unavailable in your region"

I'm from Italy.
You should look around the steam sites to find the list for game restrictions and regions.
Also you might want to send an email to Kalypso about it.
I'm in Korea and we can't get any total war games through steam. But there are other sites that have no problems with region restrictions.

If you can't find out why the game isn't in your region then you should look at other downloading sites. Chances are that you will be able to get the game.
pinarello1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #6
Pheace
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Reputation: 909
Posts: 2,675
45 euro ... good lord. Looks like it'll be on the wishlist till it drops to a reasonable price, unless it's a vastly more significant remake than Pat 4 was.
Pheace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:37 AM   #7
Bluewave256
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinarello1969 View Post
You should look around the steam sites to find the list for game restrictions and regions.
Also you might want to send an email to Kalypso about it.
I'm in Korea and we can't get any total war games through steam. But there are other sites that have no problems with region restrictions.

If you can't find out why the game isn't in your region then you should look at other downloading sites. Chances are that you will be able to get the game.
Yes, I know, but there are some problems. An example of these problems are:

Let's think for example that I want to buy Drakensang: The River of Time from Steam. I can't buy it because I live in Italy. You tell to buy it from another digital delivery retailer? Yes, you're right, but, even GamersGate doesn't sell it to me because I live in Italy lol. But obviously you can say "go buy the game in a physical local retailer, for example in a mall" like GameStop for example. And I can say to you that you're right another time if not was for the fact that GameStop open every ing game they sell. So it's like buying at full price new games with the condition of the pre-owned ones. And to sum things they're also damaged most of the time. They give you the CD/DVD (disc) and the manual and insert it in the box at the moment at the counter and the do it without attention and with dirty hands touching the CD/DVD (disc) surface with the risk of damaging it. Full of scratches on the box, sometimes ripped apart and without every thing that come with the game like guides, posters and other things lol obviously at a 200% price. Drakensang was sold at the time in my country in physical retailers by FX Interactive with manual, box, guide, poster and some other rapid info sheet at 9,99 €. So, GameStop was selling it stripped of every extra without cellophane (wrapping plastic) and damaged at 19,99 €! First I don't want to buy something that is already opened at full price or at 200% price lol. Second I don't want only the 50% of the offer. I want the full offer at the official price. So you say to me "buy it in another physical retailer", but there aren't. GameStop bought every other retailer! To quell the competition! And so the only option that remain to me is to buy it at a newsstand (newspaper kiosk) but they don't have it because it's hard to sell it if because there's GameStop. The people are stupid and ignorant and buy everything without thinking if they are stealing. So the only option that remains to me is to buy it from Amazon but rarely they have it in stock. Of course this is only an example of what awaits me if I want to buy games that are not available to people from Italy.

Another thing to consider is that I don't to play games in italian because every time the dub and the translation is bad.

And the DRM too! I have trust in Steam and GamersGate because I can redownload the game every time I want and they tell me which DRM the game uses so I can be cautios when I install or uninstall a game to not waste an activion or something else. Of course I don't buy games with DRM that don't give back activations or that limits you in the number or installation without the possibility to revoke the licenses (Tages, Aktivierung Zuxxez/TopWare proprietary DRM, StarForce, Origin, Ubisoft Uplay, Microsoft Games for Windows - Live) because I spend money and I want to play my game. I paid, the game is mine, I can and want to use it everytime everywhere I want. The license talk is bull. I pay for a physical or digital object not for a legal permit that a publisher can legally destroy because it wants more money.

Last edited by Bluewave256: 04-21-2012 at 03:48 AM.
Bluewave256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #8
mindmurderer
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 11
Posts: 101
it is also for pre order on gamersgate .com... but everyone look at this http://www.port-royale3.com/us/ This says September 4 2012 on PC-DVD PS3 & Xbox.


OH You can ask Gamestop for a behind the counter unopened package
mindmurderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #9
Bluewave256
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmurderer View Post
it is also for pre order on gamersgate .com... but everyone look at this http://www.port-royale3.com/us/ This says September 4 2012 on PC-DVD PS3 & Xbox.


OH You can ask Gamestop for a behind the counter unopened package
In my local GameStop they stopped giving unopened boxes.
Bluewave256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #10
pinarello1969
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 2
Posts: 52
Is there some specific reason that games are not sold in Italy?
I know that some companies do not sell/release their games in certain regions. I would love to know the reasons why since the reasons are not obvious.

I'm sorry that my suggestions couldn't help. I have had problems being in Korea and had to find other alternatives to purchase games.
Good luck!
pinarello1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #11
pinarello1969
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 2
Posts: 52
Is there a black market for pc/console games near you or do you know of one?
I used to go to the electronics black market for psp and pc games. They had game cd's that were released from other countries and were sold at these markets. Problem was that the cost was a lot more than normal retail.

Just another idea.
pinarello1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #12
Bluewave256
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinarello1969 View Post
Is there some specific reason that games are not sold in Italy?
I know that some companies do not sell/release their games in certain regions. I would love to know the reasons why since the reasons are not obvious.

I'm sorry that my suggestions couldn't help. I have had problems being in Korea and had to find other alternatives to purchase games.
Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinarello1969 View Post
Is there a black market for pc/console games near you or do you know of one?
I used to go to the electronics black market for psp and pc games. They had game cd's that were released from other countries and were sold at these markets. Problem was that the cost was a lot more than normal retail.

Just another idea.
I think the reason's piracy. But it's not a problem for me. There's Amazon.
Bluewave256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #13
mindmurderer
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 11
Posts: 101
now the only problem is where to get it.. Steam or Gamersgate. i guess it depends on DRM and how many achievements Steam has.
mindmurderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:18 AM   #14
Aresthedevil
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 9
It's also not available in the netherlands
Aresthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:25 AM   #15
tinwai
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 103
Posts: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheace View Post
45 euro ... good lord.
Have a look at the US-Price, it's $39.99 over there.
tinwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Port Royale series > Port Royale 2


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.