Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Terraria

Old 04-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
thedarkrai05

Pwnhammer Question

If you use a Pwnhammer to destroy demon alters in a world where hardmode is not enabled, can you get Cobalt, Mythril, and Adamantite without activating Hardmode?
Old 04-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
Evo Nightmare

No, you will take damage.
Evo Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
Tyrax Lightning

Even after ya got a Pwnhammer, ya still have to have the WoF defeated before ya can break the Demon Altars. At anytime before his defeat, the WoF is still protecting the Demon Altars of his World from ya with his evil powers!!!
Tyrax Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:29 AM   #4
iconicdez

No, if you read the Terraria Wiki & look up cobalt, mythril or adamantite, it says that is a hardmode ore. There since the WoF activates hardmode when defeated, it is impossible to destroy demon alters & therefor you are not able to obtain the best ores. Instead you will take a small amount of damage. So, in a nutshell, no.
iconicdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #5
Tyrax Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconicdez View Post
No, if you read the Terraria Wiki & look up cobalt, mythril or adamantite, it says that is a hardmode ore. There since the WoF activates hardmode when defeated, it is impossible to destroy demon alters & therefor you are not able to obtain the best ores. Instead you will take a small amount of damage. So, in a nutshell, no.
Actually, i've heard that the Demon Altar Damage is always 1/2 of Current Health... or have I been misinformed?
Old 04-22-2012, 05:15 PM   #6
setzway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrax Lightning View Post
Actually, i've heard that the Demon Altar Damage is always 1/2 of Current Health... or have I been misinformed?
You sound about right. I think it's 1/2 of your max health. When my brother and I were playing, he had the same idea as OP and used his hammer...he died. He apparenly killed himself, the death message said: "MasterBerzerker got his head chopped off by MasterBerzerker!" So unless it was a bug or something, then it takes off half of your max hp.
setzway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #7
Tyrax Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by setzway View Post
You sound about right. I think it's 1/2 of your max health. When my brother and I were playing, he had the same idea as OP and used his hammer...he died. He apparenly killed himself, the death message said: "MasterBerzerker got his head chopped off by MasterBerzerker!" So unless it was a bug or something, then it takes off half of your max hp.
& possibly rounds the damage up, so the game will know what to do if ya pick the wrong time to hammer a Demon Altar with only 1 Health left.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Terraria