Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rayman series

Old 04-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
etxzombie

extremely low res cutscenes (rayman origins)

I got this game for my kids tonight, and its a lot of fun, but the opening cutscenes look like super pixelayed garbage from the PlayStation 1 era of video gaming. I have a pretty decent gaming rig too, (i7cpu, sli evga 560ti gpu, 8gb ram) and the rest of the game is running great at 1080p. Everything looks really good, except for the cutscenes. Anybody else having this problem?
Old 04-13-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
Leon Belmont

Not for me!
Leon Belmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
W.A.C.

I mentioned it in this thread, but the cinematic quality is inconsistent beyond belief. Some moments it looks fine, other moments it's insanely pixelated. I'm disgusted how this port turned out.
W.A.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
Sweetz

You're disgusted by how the port turned out because of some macro-blocking in the two cutscenes in the game? Are you serious or is that parody?

Yes, the intro and outro cutscenes are heavily compressed, which I believe is literally one the most irrelevant, petty complaints that someone could make about the game given how almost completely inconsequential they are to the overall experience.

Last edited by Sweetz: 04-23-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #5
RealDealReece

my starting cutscene was pixelated and low resolution
RealDealReece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #6
DaAtte

I have the latest specs on my computer and the cutscenes look terrible. I updated my drivers and nothing happened. I think they made it so low res that it doesn't get any better.
DaAtte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
ezodagrom

If it's the first/intro cutscene, it's normal for it to look pixelated, but if it's the other cutscenes during the game, and if you have an AMD/ATI graphics card, in the graphics drivers put Catalyst A.I. in the highest setting.
ezodagrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:40 PM   #8
W.A.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
You're disgusted by how the port turned out because of some macro-blocking in the two cutscenes in the game? Are you serious or is that parody?

Yes, the intro and outro cutscenes are heavily compressed, which I believe is literally one the most irrelevant, petty complaints that someone could make about the game given how almost completely inconsequential they are to the overall experience.
It makes the cutscenes look like complete crap which does hurt the visual aspect of the experience. I usually buy PC version of games because I want the best looking version of a game. The PS3 version runs at 1080p and I play all of my video games through my monitor, but I generally prefer playing games on my PC so I got that version. Well, the cutscenes look much worse, the game didn't even support diagonal controls for d-pads until two days ago, and there's no way I can switch from the d-pad to the analog stick without changing a game setting. People don't like it when their PC version is inferior to a console version because PC gaming should never be inferior to console gaming. Having the cutscenes look that bad is inexcusable.
W.A.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:36 AM   #9
PGuybrush

Calm down. There's only like...two short cutscenes in the whole game? Who even cares?
PGuybrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #10
Cpryd001

Oh yeah! Now I remember the opening cutscene. I pretty much skipped it and started playing, and almost forgot how low-res it was. Yeah, don't let it bother you - the other 99% of the game is pretty visually beautiful.
Cpryd001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rayman series