Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > F1 2011

Old 04-14-2012, 02:03 AM   #1
Pete Danger

China Race

OK, who's brave enough to predict a winner?.

I'm sticking with Jenson...
Old 04-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #2
HugoBob

I think it is almost unpredictable. I'm hoping for Schumacher, because he will have a better start than Rosberg.

But i think you're right with Jenson. But don't forget Kimi!
HugoBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:49 AM   #3
HugoBob

Didn't expect that! What an amazing race! Let's hope that they are all like this one!

Btw, crazy that they are going to Bahrain.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #4
Pete Danger

Surprise, surprise...I feel sorry for Schumie, it's almost certain he would have been on the podium. Like you said Bob; it was a great race and it was all racing at it's best in the chasing pack.
So far this season, three races and three different winners...glad it is not dominated by one guy like last season; although, the Red Bulls came good towards the end of the race.
Jenson did well again; but that Mercedes car looks as if it is going to throw a spanner in the works...Ross Brawn has been very successful in his career.
The two Williams cars did well too.
Happy racing Bob.
Pete.
Pete Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
skoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Danger View Post
Surprise, surprise...I feel sorry for Schumie, it's almost certain he would have been on the podium. Like you said Bob; it was a great race and it was all racing at it's best in the chasing pack.
So far this season, three races and three different winners...glad it is not dominated by one guy like last season; although, the Red Bulls came good towards the end of the race.
Jenson did well again; but that Mercedes car looks as if it is going to throw a spanner in the works...Ross Brawn has been very successful in his career.
The two Williams cars did well too.
Happy racing Bob.
Pete.
I was never a great Shumacher fan due to the incidents with Hill and Vilenueve (Basically tried to take them out to win the world title). Since his comeback though I find myself rooting for him eager for him to do well??? He's certainly has had his fare share of bad luck over the last couple of years.

Race overall was great, wheel to wheel action from the start. Bad pitstop cost Jenson Button big time but Im not sure he would of caught Rosberg anyway.

Overall looking forward to the rest of the season seems strange not seeing Vettle dominating every race but its now made for a fascinating season.
skoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
HugoBob

Speaking of Vettel. It looks like he is in a negative flow and he is definitely not used to it. Webber seems to do better with a car which isn't the best. Let's hope for him that he will do better next race.

But what do you guys think of the Bahrain situation? I love F1, but there is a big chance that the people there will use the F1 event for getting attention from the rest of the world.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #7
Pete Danger

@ skoops

I think a lot of people are backing Schumie that were not great fans of his in the past; he seems to have got more humble and his ego has decreased accordingly! Of course, Ross Brawn has a lot of faith in him, as we all know and has been patient letting Schumie find his feet, so to speak. I think there is going to be some surprising results from the Merc', starting
today at China!

@ HugoBob.
I think Vettel is showing us all, that without the best car on the track he is not super special and that goes (in my humble opinion) for all of the top drivers generally. World champs, are of course, the best drivers; but if they have an under performing car, they don't win races as a rule.
Alonso is, or can be on occasions, an exception to the rule, as is Hamilton
when he is not throwing his rattle out of the pram.
I like Jenson Button, who is cool calm and fast, but, can turn the heat down, strategically, when need be...technically he is probably the best driver out there at the moment.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #8
skoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoBob View Post
Speaking of Vettel. It looks like he is in a negative flow and he is definitely not used to it. Webber seems to do better with a car which isn't the best. Let's hope for him that he will do better next race.

But what do you guys think of the Bahrain situation? I love F1, but there is a big chance that the people there will use the F1 event for getting attention from the rest of the world.
I hope they do protest, in a peaceful way of course. The race shouldn't be going a ahead. How many people have died since the unrest began last year 60+ did I read. If that was a European country the event would of been cancelled straight away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Danger View Post
@ skoops

I think a lot of people are backing Schumie that were not great fans of his in the past; he seems to have got more humble and his ego has decreased accordingly! Of course, Ross Brawn has a lot of faith in him, as we all know and has been patient letting Schumie find his feet, so to speak. I think there is going to be some surprising results from the Merc', starting
today at China!
Im hoping Rosberg wins the title now even though Im a Hamilton fan.I agree when you say Hamilton has thrown his dummy out the pram.But lets not forget he's still a young boy that combined with his determination to win sometimes results in little tantrums.IMO Button is the more maturer and better driver, Hamilton the better racer with maturity to come.

PS: Hope Mercedes build up a decent lead over the next few races as Im sure the egg heads at the other team's HQ are already replicating the Mercedes rear wing.

Last edited by skoops: 04-17-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #9
Pete Danger

@ skoops
@ HugoBob

Probably the wrong place to discuss this, so will keep it short and sweet.

Sport is sport and politics is politics. The only reason that would justify F1 not going to race in Bahrain is; if they know that the teams will be in danger. Sport is not there to make a political point.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #10
skoops

Sport is sport but lets not forget human lives have been lost here and its getting smoothed over by the powers that be so this GP goes ahead.

Anyway back to F1.Any predictions on a Schumi win this season I would say theres a high possiobilty over the next few races.. Spain maybe( I always remember him winning the race a few years back stuck in 5th gear)
Old 04-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #11
Pete Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoops View Post
Sport is sport but lets not forget human lives have been lost here and its getting smoothed over by the powers that be so this GP goes ahead.

Anyway back to F1.Any predictions on a Schumi win this season I would say theres a high possiobilty over the next few races.. Spain maybe( I always remember him winning the race a few years back stuck in 5th gear)
Hi skoops, yes it would be really nice if he wins a couple of races, Schumie I mean. Somehow got a soft spot for him of late...I think he maybe came back trying to prove a point (I am the greatest) and it didn't quite work out as he expected! I admire how he has stuck around and is now more or less competing with the best of them. He should win somewhere I would think. The fact that he and Rosberg have now got a good car and RB there overseeing it all, should produce some results for them.
There is a long long way to go, but I think Jenson will be world champ at the end of the season...I say that because Red Bull have had a shaky start, Kimi is bound to pop a win in somewhere, as is Alonso again, Rosberg and Schumie will be winning somewhere, Hamilton is bound to win some and Jenson has a win and a second already in place...I just feel the stage is set for a lot of desperate scrambling around for wins and that super cool, calm and collected Jenson Button will pick 'em off, on a more regular basis than the rest.
Probably will be eating my words at the end of the season!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #12
HugoBob

Pete, you are right. This is probably not the right place to discuss about politics.

I really hope that Schumi will win a race. And i think he can, but what 'frustrates' me is that it looks like he lost his 'anger'. I mean, three races with bad luck (gearbox, Grosjean and the wheel) and he is calm about it. Does he still have the fire like in the old days? Or is it his age?

Anyway, let's hope we that we will have an amazing season with a lot of winners and a championship battle untill the end.

Any predictions about sunday? Schumi, Massa (2), Alonso(3) and Button are the only guys who won this grand prix. Will it be the comeback of Felipe? Hahaha, ok that's a joke (poor Felipe). I think that McLaren will be strong this weekend.

ps. Typing in English is hard. I hope that i didn't make to much mistakes! ;-)
Old 04-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #13
Pete Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoBob View Post
Pete, you are right. This is probably not the right place to discuss about politics.

I really hope that Schumi will win a race. And i think he can, but what 'frustrates' me is that it looks like he lost his 'anger'. I mean, three races with bad luck (gearbox, Grosjean and the wheel) and he is calm about it. Does he still have the fire like in the old days? Or is it his age?

Anyway, let's hope we that we will have an amazing season with a lot of winners and a championship battle untill the end.

Any predictions about sunday? Schumi, Massa (2), Alonso(3) and Button are the only guys who won this grand prix. Will it be the comeback of Felipe? Hahaha, ok that's a joke (poor Felipe). I think that McLaren will be strong this weekend.

ps. Typing in English is hard. I hope that i didn't make to much mistakes! ;-)
Hi Bob...you should not be apologetic about your English; you have gone to the trouble of learning it!, that is more than I have done...I only know English. Your English grammar is far better than some of the English folks' posting on here!.

I have not seen any practice results yet (will look after I finish here) but I just have a sneaky feeling that Jenson will do well again.

I would really like Schumie to stuff it to them, he has been very dedicated at Mercedes and very patient, as you pointed out. He has as good a chance of winning as any of the other top drivers now.

Would dearly like to see Massa pop a win in, Ferrari are a hard team to be in when you are under performing.

It really looks, at the moment, that it will be a tight season; giving us all plenty of entertainment right up till the last race. It will certainly make a change from the last couple of years.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > F1 2011