Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Competitive Team Play and League discussion

Old 04-15-2012, 02:26 AM   #1
Healarn

Exclamation Request Sticky: "Introduction Competetive League and Teamplay"

"Introduction Competetive League and Teamplay"

Im very certain that there are plenty of guides and well informed people here on the Steam Users' Forums about the Competetive side of TF2.

This is the reason why I got rather chocked as I entered The "Competitive Team Play and League discussion" to see that there yet has been no Sticky created about the it.

What I have in mind is: A sticky, structured similar to the "New to the Team Fortress 2 Forums?" http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2113316

What headlines are well suited for such a sticky? Post what you think is suited. Here is a few suggestions of mine.

What is Competetive Team Fortress2?

What variations are there? - Ladder, Highlander, 6v6, 9v9

Preperations(Making sure that you got all the software=Programs and Hardware=Microphone, Headset, Mouse required to get started

Getting Started/How to get involved

(I dont know wether you are allowed to *support* inofficial third-parties so lets tweak this next headline.)
User friendly Third-parties (e.g www.tf2lobby.com)

Another Idea of Mine
Is to create either Stickies or threadstarters, 1 for each of the classes in Team Fortress 2. Simply because, when lost in the sea of threads concerning e.g The medic class, you got the option to turn to the Sticky in which your problem should be solved 75% of the times.

//Sincerly Skuten
Observe I know that this might be more appropriate to be sent to the Moderators first in hand, but due to the option to suggest Headlines I decided that all should have a chance in edditing.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:30 AM   #2
iridescentFUZZ

I think one sticky per class would be unnecessary since you could just post links to class guides in the main stickied thread.

But yes, someone should post one of their "Intro to TF2" guides here, and we should vote/rally for a sticky.
iridescentFUZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
ashkan

Volunteer Moderator
The goal is to have all of that stuff on the official TF2 wiki: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Category:Competitive

There's already a bunch of info on there, and a few community guys are working on expanding the articles at the moment. Anyone is free to contribute to the articles in any way they can.

We can simply link to that from a sticky thread, but I'll have to give it some more thought first.
ashkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #4
VickM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkan View Post
We can simply link to that from a sticky thread, but I'll have to give it some more thought first.
I agree with ashkan, and we should follow his/her lead.
VickM is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Competitive Team Play and League discussion