Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Stellar Impact

Old 04-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
finalgenesis

Rage Afkers not counted as deserters?

Since quitting the game counts as deserting, it seems that quite a few quitters choose to just afk in base for the whole game.

Now I'm not sure whether this counts as deserter stat (should've paid attention in game score screen), but I've noticed quite a few 0% deserter players that rage afk rather then rage quit after a few deaths. It seems that most games I play always suffer one to multiple of these afk quitters.

I'd like to suggest that future feature include something that will count this despicable act as desertion. Note, I'm not saying all afkers are rage afking, typically I don't count those that communicate with the team that he has to afk abit due to xxx as rage afking. I doubt features that count afker as deserters can differentiate, but it's only fair that afking for any extended period gets the player a desertion count.

Finally, I'm under the impression that in battle only the handle name is shown (not the full name), and that I can't actually add these players to blacklist since I don't know their full ign. Can anyone correct my impression? If not, are there ways I can add someone to blacklist knowing only their handle?
Old 04-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
MusicNote

Angry

Here's a problem with your suggestion, what about those of us that are afk because of the games incompetence? If I'm lagging so bad and the only way to fix it is to restart the game, but it crashes to the point I can't rejoin or the rejoin box messes up how am I to rejoin?

The game has to many bigger problems to address first.
MusicNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
madplayshd

If you are afk for 5 mins you are marked as deserter.
madplayshd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
garon

You do understand the game is having buggy issues right now and people are crashing out of the game due to a mem leak.
garon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #5
SpankN

Well, I crashed today. Now I know what that did.... good way for my very first game to go.
SpankN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #6
madplayshd

Another thing though. If you get a deserter the rest of your team gets more cp. So in 2v2 if one leaves, the other one gets twice the cp.
madplayshd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #7
finalgenesis

Ah excellent, good to know that afk is counted normally.

I like the bonus CP thing! So a deserter on your team counts as a CP amplifier (proportional to team makeup)? Very nice =D I'll have to look at a teammate with high desertion % as not all bad then~

As for game issues, there's no perfect system really and there'll always be pros and cons, I think afk -> desertion is needed for sure. Also game issue tend to drop you out of the game entirely rather then afk, not that it can't happen but it's pretty rare. 90% of the time it seems someone disconnects and rejoin later.

True, it's clear the devs didn't prepare for a steam listing at and made a total boo-boo of it, but I did notice an improvement today after a day of frustration before. It's a shame but I think many potential players never made it pass the wall of frustration to get at a decent game behind it. (I almost didn't make it pass that hurdle and debated trying to get a refund)

I'd say give the game some time to adjust to the influx of players, most new MMO with far bigger budgets face similar problems upon introduction to the mass, I'd be surprised if an online game like this didn't hiccup and choke upon introduction to Steam.

Perhaps it may not be a bad idea to not play for a week-month and come back after, at which point the most serious issues should be solved and the non-gameplay related frustration is reduced. Devs really should make a statement of some sort to mollify and make clear to us their priorities too.

The game also seem to be unfriendly to casual players and require some reading up (or watching Mad's video) beyond the game tutorial, but that's a plus in my eyes.
finalgenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:01 AM   #8
zeropositivo

Well said. I remember playing Aion at launch... not a pleasing experience under any stretch of the immagination
zeropositivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:37 AM   #9
Nryrony

Afk is not the problem, leaving is.

I realize that a lot of people have lag/disconnect at the moment, but you can always reconnect.

If you simply rage quit, not only does your mate have to wait 5 mins before he can surrender but you will also hurt yourself by not getting a reward. So SURRENDER and don't just leave.
Nryrony is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Stellar Impact