Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Magic: The Gathering series > Duels of the Planeswalkers

Old 04-16-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
Darken

Quite enjoying the game, but what happened to the story?

I take it this forum is all the planeswalkers games rolled into one? As a search brings up only old posts.
I bought 2012 and it starts with a nice intro, then every loading screen has a little story, but it just repeats over and over again with no progression. I've already completed all the campaigns apart from alchemy, you don't even get to fight Niclos the bloody dragon. Where's the end cinematic?
I've unlocked 4 decks total, only unlocking Beknighted last when I went online to play and played 4 in a row against it losing 3, the net code bugged out on the last one which was disappointing as I started to win. That deck does seem op. Some of the 4 player FFA have been fun but complicated. 2 headed is interesting too.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:08 AM   #2
Andorxor

There is no end movie and the loading screen have just some infos about the planeswalkers,if you want a coherent story with them you could read the books or the webcomics http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Multive...webcomics/main
Andorxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
JP_Russell

The loading screen story stuff isn't totally repeating. Each perspective of the story has different loading screen text for each of the different campaigns, as well as for THG games I believe, each covering a different part of that perspective chronologically.

Also, you do fight Nicol Bolas as the end boss planeswalker in the archenemy campaign, IIRC.
JP_Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
Darken

I'm pretty sure I've only seen 5 or so different texts as I went through the main campaign. OKay I'll have to finish archenemy then.
Darken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
JP_Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darken View Post
I'm pretty sure I've only seen 5 or so different texts as I went through the main campaign. OKay I'll have to finish archenemy then.
What I mean is, for the screen showing Garruk fighting Liliana, for instance, there's one set of text in the campaign, one set of text in the revenge campaign, one set in the archenemy campaign, one set of text in the expansion campaign, etc.
JP_Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #6
Budthewise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andorxor View Post
There is no end movie and the loading screen have just some infos about the planeswalkers,if you want a coherent story with them you could read the books or the webcomics http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Multive...webcomics/main
But lets be honest, as a writer the story is moot at best. Even on the loading screens I often mock it instead of finding myself intriged to know more.
Budthewise is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Magic: The Gathering series > Duels of the Planeswalkers