Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hydrophobia: Prophecy

Old 04-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #16
NicoRey27

The company is bankrupt? Wow... Did they even get to release the PS3 port they announced?

Anyway, I liked the game. Pretty good considering it's a lot cheaper than many simplistic casual games out there. So definetly worth the try for an OK game. As said above, don't expect way too much about it.
NicoRey27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #17
Excifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmphibiousKitty View Post
For $1.24 you really shouldn't need validation on whether or not to buy it. That's chump change.
The price isn't usually what I regret in these decisions, it's whether or not I have a game that's even worth playing, not so much paying for. True, $1.24 is not that expensive at all, but to pay anything to have a game sit in your library and not be played, much less appreciated is a bit asinine.
Excifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #18
AmphibiousKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excifer View Post
The price isn't usually what I regret in these decisions, it's whether or not I have a game that's even worth playing, not so much paying for. True, $1.24 is not that expensive at all, but to pay anything to have a game sit in your library and not be played, much less appreciated is a bit asinine.
I thought that was what Steam was about? Buying games on sale and never playing them.
AmphibiousKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #19
FAButzke

I actually feel bad for them.
I bought the game in another sale (it was 6,99 in the sale back then).
Never played it...
FAButzke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #20
Roguetwo

I have resisted every sale of this game, but for that price it's hard to say no. I hope I don't regret it...
Roguetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #21
Tiberian Fiend

If you hate original plots, having more than one gun, or using the advertised super powers until the end of the game, and like crappy cover mechanics because you're a console moron using a gamepad and can't run and aim at the same time, this game is totally worth it!
Tiberian Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #22
Austin007

Yeah it's a fun distraction for that price. Frustrating at times with the poorly ported controls.
Austin007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #23
Tiberian Fiend

Oh, and don't worry about being able to manually save. There's none of that in Hydrophobia!
Tiberian Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #24
Excifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmphibiousKitty View Post
I thought that was what Steam was about? Buying games on sale and never playing them.
Don't I know it. I'm backlogged in a ton of games right now. But truthfully, I see the irony in Steam sales. Tons of sales, and little time to play all of them. Hence why I mean regret. Why buy a game when you intentonally have no desire to even play it. It's pretty dumb in my opinion.
Excifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #25
UndeadRufus

Camera can be a bit clunky when close to walls or objects. Gunplay is unsatisfying, and only one ammo type is really of use. Campaign is very, very short and has a "WTF-you-must-be-kidding" ending.

That said, the game is beautiful, has an engaging premise and features some really good voice acting. If you're after a blockbuster third-person adventure, pass. If you're willing to drop a buck and some change to see a stellar physics engine at work in a somewhat interesting (if imperfect) story and game, then it's a no-brainer.
UndeadRufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #26
Zharwyn

Clearly worth it.
Zharwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #27
MrPegiShixteen

Banned
It is worth it, if not to see just how poor it is.

£99p
MrPegiShixteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #28
TheVentilator

The company did release a HUGE patch for this game long time after the release, even when the game had low sales.

This list is for 360 version which i have, but i dunno if they patched it on PC or if the PC one is the 360 release.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ixes-New-Price
TheVentilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #29
NicoRey27

OK, just checked googled a bit, seems Hydrophobia por PS3 was released on november, but yet the company went bankrupt on march. I hope the HydroEngine goes somewhere, it really has potential to be used in future (and better) games...

Oh, btw, just found this in a thread on General Steam Discussion:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhead View Post
Have a sale on a game which involves a sinking ship around the anniversary of the Titanic tragedy.

Well I'll be.

Will Homefront be on sale when North Korea invades us?
Old 04-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #30
NicoRey27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVentilator View Post
The company did release a HUGE patch for this game long time after the release, even when the game had low sales.

This list is for 360 version which i have, but i dunno if they patched it on PC or if the PC one is the 360 release.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ixes-New-Price
Yeah, I guess that's Hydrophobia: Pure, the first major update to the game. The PC version was released as Hydrophobia: Prophecy, which updated a lot more (70% of the game reworked), and it still got many patches afterwards.
The game got lots of support and accepting player feedback... too bad the company couldn't last...

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hydrophobia: Prophecy