Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Total War: SHOGUN 2

Old 04-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
bannoura

dysync error ?????

I was playing campaign with a friend, i went in to spectate a battle, and it gave me this message and existed the whole campaign and went back to the menu......anyone know why?
Old 04-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
3asytarg3t

google shogun 2 and desync, this has come up a lot

in fact, if you just do a search on this forum for desync you'll find work a couple work arounds players have got to work
3asytarg3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #3
codyhardy

Modding will cause the game desync,check it with your friends .
codyhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #4
Stollen

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyhardy View Post
Modding will cause the game desync,check it with your friends .
Not necessarily true. My vanilla game desynced all the time.
Anyways, it's pretty easy to avoid. When you experience a desync, the host of the game just send the last save via email, skype, msn or whatever.

Note though, that the saves are not stored in the steam folder but rather C:\users\*your profile*\appdata\roaming\The Creative Assemby\multiplayer saves
Stollen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
bannoura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stollen View Post
Anyways, it's pretty easy to avoid. When you experience a desync, the host of the game just send the last save via email, skype, msn or whatever.

Note though, that the saves are not stored in the steam folder but rather C:\users\*your profile*\appdata\roaming\The Creative Assemby\multiplayer saves
cool thx for the tips
bannoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
Left2LoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stollen View Post

It's a ing joke that this still isn't fixed. Customers aren't supposed to find workarounds for their bugs while they sit on their asses for a year and say " it".

Also it isn't like this is a minor issue, its ING GAMEBREAKING. What am I supposed to move around save-games every few rounds???

Devs better fix their GAMEBREAKING bugs before releasing the next TW. Seriously. Never finished Coop because of this crap, and that after playing several hours. And now, a year later, its stilL NOT FIXED. I really wonder HOW CAN THAT BE. Oh, but I know. They got OUR money, so.. us.
Left2LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #7
Stollen

Yep. I agree wholeheartedly.
It's a suckerpunch to the groin for us who enjoy MP-campaigns.

There should be some kind of penalty/fine-whatever for not fixing gamebreaking issues. Something that hurts, so the companies will learn the hard way if they don't have the ethics (or lacking skills?) to do it correct the first time.

Cheating customers with broken games is like selling a new car with flat tires. You just don't do that.

Oh wait. That's how it's done in game industries nowadays...!
Stollen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #8
daniu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannoura View Post
cool thx for the tips
Here's my tool to keep more than just the last save to be able to go back further; in case the deynch is in there already:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=483990
daniu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:57 PM   #9
Niscimble

Me and a friend just completed a campaign yesterday, and we only had one desync (during a battle). It's a lot better than it used to be.
Niscimble is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Total War: SHOGUN 2