Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wargame: European Escalation

Old 06-01-2012, 04:45 AM   #31
KillaJules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicRanger View Post
- The interface is huge, messy and confusing.

- The facing/position/formation of units within a group is a total crapshoot, at the whim of circumstances and the pathfinding AI.

I can help with this. Fully zoom in and give movement orders very close to where they already are. A click a few metres to the the left of a tank will cause it to face that way.

Also, you can press T (the fire on position hotkey) and place the marker in the direction that you want your units to face. Then press stop before they waste a shot. Its fiddly with very large numbers of units but it works fine with MBTs.

Units do automatically face enemy units but having finer control is useful. The above solutions are not perfect but they are adequate.
KillaJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:56 PM   #32
montyburns1983

Banned
was checking old posts of mine.

you people need serious help. it wasn't a troll post at all. get over yourselves.
montyburns1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #33
Wi7dBill

Freind of mine was playing it. I tried a couple games on his pc (single player, wich is great btw) and liked it. Other than a few "spammer" kiddies ruining the odd game I still greatly enjoy it, I still play it every day.

Some posts say they find it hard too learn, I thought it was much easier than other RTS titles I`ve played. The interface is great, not too much micro manegment of units..allows too focus on strategy...if u can`t think TACTICS other than easy spam of "heavy tanks beat every thing" you won`t like this game.
Wi7dBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #34
Lanky48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelroyMonjo View Post
Ranger, what patience? MP games are usually over in about 20 minutes. Unless you play with a partner like I had the other day who built about 20 Apaches and raided the enemy HQ's. Took about 2 min,...if that long.
Nothing stops a Nato Helo rush like some lightly vetted Tunguskas.
The skies empty as the helos flutter to the groung(sputter,sputter)
Lanky48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #35
montyburns1983

Banned
well I"m guessing it must be much more fun n MP... But SP is a little sloppy, both in mechanic and even weird, absurd errors like calling PACT forces "NVA." I mean wow... seriously? NVA? Were they designing a Vietnam War game then scrapped it midway, but left audio and text files in by mistake or something?
Old 07-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #36
FericJaggar

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyburns1983 View Post
well I"m guessing it must be much more fun n MP... But SP is a little sloppy, both in mechanic and even weird, absurd errors like calling PACT forces "NVA." I mean wow... seriously? NVA? Were they designing a Vietnam War game then scrapped it midway, but left audio and text files in by mistake or something?
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationale_Volksarmee

Are you sure you REALLY tried to understand that game and historical context ? Seriously, each post of yours is a mistake, try harder, young padawan
FericJaggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #37
DelroyMonjo

Thaanks for pointing that out, Feric. Sometimes watching the intro videos helps explain things to players as well. At least watch them the first time.
DelroyMonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #38
elmoi69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Quat View Post
anyone else wondering why this guy made this useless thread?
This.
elmoi69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #39
montyburns1983

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoi69 View Post
This.
a three page thread with more than one topic going at a time. doesn't seem useless. and quoting that and saying "this" does not make you look clever or smart.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #40
montyburns1983

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by FericJaggar View Post
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationale_Volksarmee

Are you sure you REALLY tried to understand that game and historical context ? Seriously, each post of yours is a mistake, try harder, young padawan
har har, you're SOOO witty and REALLY got me!

ok, I didn't know the name for the east german army. seeing how it's a cold war era game, you can understand the confusion, unless you refuse to give me the benefit of the doubt just to look like the Cool Guy. As for "historical context", without boasting or bragging, I am sure I know a bit more about the time period than YOU. And don't call me "young Padawan" when I am positive that I am either older than you, or we are only seperated by single digits.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #41
DelroyMonjo

Kinda' touchy, aren't ya' monty?
DelroyMonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #42
FericJaggar

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyburns1983 View Post
har har, you're SOOO witty and REALLY got me!

ok, I didn't know the name for the east german army. seeing how it's a cold war era game, you can understand the confusion, unless you refuse to give me the benefit of the doubt just to look like the Cool Guy. As for "historical context", without boasting or bragging, I am sure I know a bit more about the time period than YOU. And don't call me "young Padawan" when I am positive that I am either older than you, or we are only seperated by single digits.
You begin to lose your nerves, dude. If you're from 1983, I'm older than you (1979). On top of that, I studied that f***ing history at university, so you can "boasting" if you want, but to a guy who say NVA=Vietcongs in a european context, I answer "lulz".
You began your thread like a whiny guy, everyone show you your mistakes, but that's not enough, you continue to bother people with your ignorance and misplaced pride. Admit you were wrong and shut up.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #43
Grouchy

Quote:
You begin to lose your nerves, dude. If you're from 1983, I'm older than you (1979).
Then I would be older than both of you ...

Quote:
On top of that, I studied that f***ing history at university, so you can "boasting" if you want, but to a guy who say NVA=Vietcongs in a european context, I answer "lulz".
Indeed, in Wargame we've sticked as much as possible to national names. Therefore, the NVA is the Nationale Volksarmee and not the North Vietnam Army, which is an American name (in Vietnamese it would have been QNDVN, standing for Quân Đội Nhân Dân Việt Nam, which wouldn't have been the easiest to pronounce ...).
Same goes for the CSLA (Czechoslovakian Army), LWP (Polish Army); Bundeswehr (W-German Army) or references to the French FAR (Force d'Action Rapide, or Rapid Reaction Force, which was the elite corps formed in 1982 to be used as a quick reaction force anywhere in Europe, from Norway to Turkey).

EUGEN TEAM
Grouchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #44
kitekrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaJules View Post
Good to know that your opinion has taken its rightful place as the most important personal opinion of all. I never knew that if somebody liked something that you didn't, well that person is simply wrong. I am humbled.

Do research on a game before you buy it.
That's why they are here. I tend to value the opinions of the Steam Community far more than any gaming site.
kitekrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:30 AM   #45
FericJaggar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy View Post
Then I would be older than both of you ...

Indeed, in Wargame we've sticked as much as possible to national names. Therefore, the NVA is the Nationale Volksarmee and not the North Vietnam Army, which is an American name (in Vietnamese it would have been QNDVN, standing for Quân Đội Nhân Dân Việt Nam, which wouldn't have been the easiest to pronounce ...).
Same goes for the CSLA (Czechoslovakian Army), LWP (Polish Army); Bundeswehr (W-German Army) or references to the French FAR (Force d'Action Rapide, or Rapid Reaction Force, which was the elite corps formed in 1982 to be used as a quick reaction force anywhere in Europe, from Norway to Turkey).

EUGEN TEAM
...Et c'est bien la raison pour laquelle ses messages commençaient à me courir sur le haricot : à Eugen, vous produisez un travail sérieux, solide (certains diront austère) et l'autre andouille arrive, pleurniche parce que le jeu ne lui plait pas et fait tout un tas de contresens en pensant que c'était un manque d'attention de votre part. Personnellement, en faisant la campagne j'ignorais jusque-là que l'armée est-allemande était nommée NVA mais j'ai fait l'effort de la recherche sur internet, contrairement à lui.
Peu importe, continuez à nous produire des beaux jeux comme Wargame, c'est le principal !
Amicalement,

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wargame: European Escalation