Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tom Clancy collection > Rainbow Six series > Vegas series

Old 04-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
Usta27

Vegas 2 - General Fault

I am now getting an error message telling me I have a General Fault when trying to open Vegas 2. This happens at the splash-screen.

This never happened until the other day. Only thing that changed between now and then as far as I can tell (No Windows Updates, no new software or hardware) is that I put my computer in standby before the game had exited by mistake. And then I ended up losing power to the computer. I've verified the cache several times, and each time it says that it finds multiple files messed up, and fixes those (I've run it twice in a row, first time it finds errors, second time does not) I've also deleted and re-installed the entire game. Is it just be or is it some kinda profile that wasn't saved correctly??

My System: Windows 7 x64
Ram: 8 GB
CPU: Intel i5-2410m
Old 04-17-2012, 01:44 AM   #2
CykotiC_Jester

Angry General Protection Fault

I'm getting the same thing, although it happens whenever I try to host or join a game online. I verify the cache and it's fine, then I try to play, get the GPF crash and verify the cache to discover 3-5 files failed. It reacquires the files but the next time I try to play online the problem repeats. Plays solo just fine. I have managed to get it to play online ONCE after verifying the cache. But that was after the first time I verified.

Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4 GHz
8 Gig DDR3 RAM
Win7 64-bit SP 1 legit.
CykotiC_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
Usta27

I managed to get it working for me. I removed/renamed all of the Vegas 2 folders and deleted all the local files after that with STEAM. Then I re-installed and it now works (gotta fix my user profile to give me back my weapons)

Contacted Ubisoft and they told me they won't do anything because they refuse to provide support for Windows 7 (Even though my game was working before on it....)
Usta27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tom Clancy collection > Rainbow Six series > Vegas series