Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection

Old 04-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
Metametheus

Player AI is stupid...

The Computer AI seems to function correctly, but for some reason why I set the combat to Auto to speed up the fact that its laggy with Music and sound on, the computer keeps my armor and combat ships circling around a single position within about a few kilometers of the planet and sends my command ship in to battle 8 incoming ships, which causes my command ship to be blown up and all my ships to retreat the subsequent turn... seriously WTF?
Old 04-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
agent.nihilist

Yea it doesn't use riders all the time yet either, I only auto against pirates.
agent.nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:26 AM   #3
Hav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metametheus View Post
which causes my command ship to be blown up and all my ships to retreat the subsequent turn... seriously WTF?
I'm staffing my supply ships with badasses with poor impulse control considering the fleet was supposed to act passively and peaceful, ~and yet~ I watched both supply cruisers fly at the enemy fleet, laser blazing away.
Hav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #4
Bluedonkey

Hehehe...I wish I could get my ships to orbit the enemy. When I grab the whole fleet and order them to 'close to attack' the selected target, they just get close and shoot, no orbiting or moving, they are sitting ducks to any counter attack. The 'stand off' function is about the same. I would expect it to fire at the limit of the long range weapons (missiles and torpedos) but it likes to close in anyway. I can't speak to the 'auto' combat option Meta, as I never use it, but the 'combat in person' is still glitchy too. A work in progress?

Last edited by Bluedonkey: 05-02-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Bluedonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection