Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Old 04-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
Itsulow

Bug with cinematics.

I just finished ITSP, it was an awesome metroidvania style game like aquaria.

Problem is, i noticed, i saw absolutely none cinematics of the game, the game just skip it.

And also, when i try to see them with the menu extras, none happen.
Cinematics aren't implemented or is it a bug?
Old 04-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #2
Exatrive

They play for me. Not sure why you might be having the issues unless you have some odd codec interfering with the playback of them.
Exatrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
alchmstlva

I have the exact same problem except I can watch the intro cinematics and the first artifact video but none of the others. I tried validating the files but I still can't get it to work. I want to avoid a full reinstall (due to my current progress) so I sent an email to Fuelcell's support group. Hopefully, they'll get back to me soon. I'll post the contents of the email here once I get it.
alchmstlva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
alchmstlva

Ok, this is the information that I got back.

Note: None of these tips worked for me.
---

"A few things you might try to get the videos displaying in your game:
Have you tried running the engine in "Low Shader" mode? By going into the advanced options from the main menu you can decrease the quality of the shaders, which effectively makes the game use a different rendering pipeline. I am unsure whether this would fix your issue, but its certainly a good place to start.

I find it most interesting that you can see some of the videos but not others. They are certainly encoded the same way: have you tried closing the game, restarting it, and then immediately going into the extras menu and attempting to watch, say, the second artifact video (or any other video that you have had trouble viewing)?

Finally, if you could email me the DirectX diagnostic output from your machine, that may help shed some light on the issue. To produce the DxDiag.txt, follow the following steps:
1) Run the program DxDiag.exe provided with the DirectX redistributable.
2) Once the diagnostic tool has finished collecting information, choose to save the output. It should default to a file called DxDiag.txt."
Old 04-21-2012, 07:49 AM   #5
alchmstlva

Ok, I finally got it to work. My issue was that my version of windows media player (9) didn't have the correct codecs installed to run some of the videos that were encoded using that specific codec. I installed windows media player 11 and all of the videos worked fine. Hope this helps!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet