Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2

Old 04-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
PlymouthDW

Question Most Painful Infected Death

Recently, I've been playing a lot of L4D2, and noticed most of the ways the Infected can kill you seem particularly painful. I wondered, if I HAD to be killed by an Infected, which death I would choose. Here's my list. Feel free to add your own list.

1: Common Infected. You get slapped/punched to death, no big deal.

2: Boomer. Same as Commons, although you're covered in disgusting bodily fluids (bit of a germ freak (which is why I play Nick).

3: Tank. Pretty painful for a second, yeah, but otherwise quick and painless.

4: Jockey. Indignant as all Hell, but doesn't seem very painful.

5: Smoker. I would hate suffocating, but it probably wouldn't be VERY painful.

6: Spitter. Hell, it would hurt, but it would be kinda quick.

7: Hunter. God, those claws. The thought of something on top of you, keeping you down, is terrifying for me.

8: Charger. Jesus Christ. The Charger applies brute force in such a way it would hurt like no other blunt pain. I'd take any other death over this guy, save for the Witch.

9: Witch. Again, claws. Except, this time, the claws are shredding rather than stabbing, and dear God, would it be a slow and agonizing death. I would never, EVER want to be killed by this thing. The thought of seeing your insides being torn out is just...Argh.

Well, there's mine. Please, post your own, I REALLY want to see what others have to say.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
DEAN.

I think smoker would be the worst. I just have a fear of suffocating.

not only are you getting your throat constricted by slimy disgusting tentacles, but at the same time, fumes of smoke are being poured into your nostrils causing the suffocation to be even more excruciating. All this happening while the smoker continues to beat the living out of you with his fists.
DEAN. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
darkpixelblade

Banned
A 200 pound man jumping 100 feet of a building onto your chest THEN clawing you to death! The hunter is indeed the most painful
darkpixelblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #4
NinjaScot

Slowly dissolving to death because of Spitter goo? No thanks.
NinjaScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:56 AM   #5
FapJak

Banned
I would like to be death charged through a window.
FapJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:11 AM   #6
Cloymax

Banned
Spitter would be worst, easily.
Imagine lying in a puddle of that acid, your skin detoriating, then your flesh and muscles start to melt away, while you're still conscious, if you're lucky you might die/pass out before the acid starts eating your very bones.
Cloymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:19 AM   #7
DotS

Doesn't the smoker also beat / rip his victims to death? I remember he did in the comics and the animation suggests the same thing.
DotS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:36 AM   #8
schnurpl

No, thats his "yay I've got a survivor" dance.

For me it's getting deathcharged into a large body of water like Swamp Fever 1. Being drowned by a zombie + fear of deep water
schnurpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:39 AM   #9
JayceM

The comic also suggests the common infected bite you, too (and Zoey has a line in-game saying she has 'teeth marks' on her). So really, they're punching you, kicking you, and biting you. Still, that's basically just an angry mob beating you up to death.

Generally speaking, though I don't know for sure, things that are slow and very painful to kill you (acid, suffocation) are gonna be the worst, so I'd have to go for Smoker/Spitter.

Hunter/Witch/Charger/Tank are probably going to be so quick and damaging that you'd pass out and die before you really felt pain or knew what was going on. It depends where the hunter and witch get you on first strike.

Then there's the Jockey who from what I can tell just claws and beats at your neck/head a bit with his one free hand. Wouldn't be deadly, but would probably keep you alive so you'd feel the pain afterwards.
JayceM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #10
PlymouthDW

You guys bring up some great points about Smoker and Spitter. Never really thought about your flesh being eaten away in Spitter goo.

If you guys can think of an actual list, do post it. I'd like to tally up the scores for least favorite Infected kill.
PlymouthDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:20 AM   #11
DotS

When you die from suffocation, you aren't fully conscious towards the end. So I can imagine it's not THAT bad, just look how quickly the captured survivor dies. Plus, there's that sound of a breaking neck in the moment you die.

Quote:
they're punching you, kicking you, and biting you. Still, that's basically just an angry mob beating you up to death.
They seem to be extremely strong. Also, a bite is VERY painful. Hunter sounds like hell too, imagine getting stabbed / sliced again and again. You don't die instantly.

Favorite death would probably be Witch on expert or Tank, worst one Spitter.
DotS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #12
PlymouthDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotS View Post
When you die from suffocation, you aren't fully conscious towards the end. So I can imagine it's not THAT bad, just look how quickly the captured survivor dies. Plus, there's that sound of a breaking neck in the moment you die.

They seem to be extremely strong. Also, a bite is VERY painful. Hunter sounds like hell too, imagine getting stabbed / sliced again and again. You don't die instantly.

Favorite death would probably be Witch on expert or Tank, worst one Spitter.
A witch on Expert brings up a very good point. Instant kill. However, I play Normal and Advanced generally, so I forgot about the instant kill Witch on Expert. If we're talking Expert here, Witch would be before Common Infected on my list.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #13
Cougarific

Hey how exactly DOES the Jockey kill you - is he suffocating you? choking-off the blood to the brain? Is he pummling your brain-pan?

That said, I find Hunters the scariest special but yes dissolving in Spitter-goo would prob be the worst.
Cougarific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #14
PlymouthDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarific View Post
Hey how exactly DOES the Jockey kill you - is he suffocating you? choking-off the blood to the brain? Is he pummling your brain-pan?

That said, I find Hunters the scariest special but yes dissolving in Spitter-goo would prob be the worst.
Simple, Jockeys just...they just...that's a really good point. Maybe they scratch you until you bleed to death?
Old 04-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #15
DEAN.

Jockey literally skull s you to death
DEAN. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2