Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite V2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 04-19-2012, 04:12 AM   #1
SEV2Community

Demo download problems info

Hi everyone

It hasn't escaped our notice that one or two of you are having problems downloading the Steam demo!

We're looking into it and hopefully the situation should be resolved soon.

In the meantime, rest assured we're going to be offering it through other platforms soon, so if you're having problems connecting through Steam there will be alternatives.

Apologies from the dev team for a situation beyond our control, but we hope you enjoy the demo when you do get to play it!

PR Mike
Old 04-19-2012, 04:18 AM   #2
mikesors

a third party download link that would extract to the proper directory would work.

i first tried downloading this over 12 hours ago, and i'm still being told the servers are too busy :/
mikesors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:23 AM   #3
Avean

I found a solution yesterday for this problem. Just go to settings in Steam and opt in for the Steam Beta and now it will work to download the demo.
Avean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:23 AM   #4
Lebby

Tried it on ps3 which made me instantly buy it on pc, but now I want to try the pc demo!!!!
I found the ps3 version to be rather addictive, but I hate using controllers lol
Lebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:27 AM   #5
mikesors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avean View Post
I found a solution yesterday for this problem. Just go to settings in Steam and opt in for the Steam Beta and now it will work to download the demo.
i think you got lucky bud
Old 04-19-2012, 04:52 AM   #6
Phenrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avean View Post
Yeah u where lucky, did the same thing and still nothing server too busy So grats m8 hehe. Have tried it on ps3 its amazing.... It was so amazing so i tried out my old copy of sniper elite v1 :P It wasnt the same :P
Phenrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:54 AM   #7
Phenrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEV2Community View Post
Hi everyone

It hasn't escaped our notice that one or two of you are having problems downloading the Steam demo!

In the meantime, rest assured we're going to be offering it through other platforms soon, so if you're having problems connecting through Steam there will be alternatives.

Apologies from the dev team for a situation beyond our control, but we hope you enjoy the demo when you do get to play it!

PR Mike
Hope the 3rd party download will resolve soon, i have tried downloading demo for 24 hours straight now. It says please wait a few minutes so have done that, nothing yet :P hehe. Will deffo buy the game on may 4th but would be awsome to see how it feels on pc version (tried ps3)
Old 04-19-2012, 05:01 AM   #8
Phenrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEV2Community View Post
Hi everyone

PR Mike
BTW will the link to the other demo download be linked here or on rebellion or? Thanks in advance, Steam is e :P
Old 04-19-2012, 05:11 AM   #9
mattgn

I like how the SEV2 PR said that "one or two of you are having problems downloading the Steam demo". That has to be the understatement of the year award right there
That tickled me, as I appreciate the good humour
mattgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:13 AM   #10
onehandband1t

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgn View Post
I like how the SEV2 PR said that "one or two of you are having problems downloading the Steam demo". That has to be the understatement of the year award right there
I was thinking the same thing lol
onehandband1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:42 AM   #11
Mercenary91

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgn View Post
obviously sarcasm.
Mercenary91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:51 AM   #12
AlexX

Aren't you, developers, taking too long to upload it somewhere else due to the fact of THOUSANDS of people like me not being able to download it?
I've been trying to download it since it came out yesterday.
AlexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:12 AM   #13
jason17kr

It's not just one or two of us. Fix it fast, or give us alternate download link,please.
jason17kr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:20 AM   #14
mikesors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason17kr View Post
It's not just one or two of us. Fix it fast, or give us alternate download link,please.
they know, hence the wink. how much control do you think rebellion has over the steam servers? lmao, come on. they can't fix it.

it'll be sorted when valve gets into office and after a period of heel dragging
Old 04-19-2012, 06:29 AM   #15
apxfvz

Providing alternate download would take maybe 5 minutes ?
apxfvz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite V2