Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
willy04
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Reputation: 0
Posts: 4
how to mod skyrim on ps3???

i would like to know how to mod on ps3 anyone know???
willy04 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
Ygolnac
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 36
Posts: 276
i think it's not possible.
I know a little number of mods are awailable on xbox.
But the only really moddable platform is Skyrim PC.
Ygolnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
ansellbwoy
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 24
Posts: 179
Unfortunately you cant
ansellbwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #4
shadenox
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reputation: 124
Posts: 996
Unfortunatly the modding tools are availiable only to the PC users. The only additional content you will get is the official Betheseda DLC, no modder content.
shadenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #5
Rynjin
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 2663
Posts: 13,436
Lessee.

I THINK, if you have Skyrim for PC as well, you CAN convert a save to a PS3 or Xbox save and still have all of the mods active.

It all depends on how much your memory stick can hold and how much memory you wanna take up on your console.
Rynjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:49 PM   #6
_Lynx_
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 45
Posts: 209
It would be too much of a pain to bother trying.
_Lynx_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #7
whickus
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 27
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
Lessee.

I THINK, if you have Skyrim for PC as well, you CAN convert a save to a PS3 or Xbox save and still have all of the mods active.

It all depends on how much your memory stick can hold and how much memory you wanna take up on your console.
Nope. An Xbox save file can be converted to a PC save file (and back) and console commands can be applied to that save file, but mods cannot be added to a save file. In order to be able to use a mod, the mod has to be placed in the game directory, which you cannot do with consoles, thanks to Microsoft and Sony's overbearing "security" policies.

In fact, taking a PC save file that has been used with mods and moving it over to an Xbox can possibly cause serious glitches, since a lot of mods need to be uninstalled properly so as not to leave leftover data in the save.
whickus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #8
MMZ>Torak
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Reputation: 1853
Posts: 6,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ygolnac View Post
I know a little number of mods are awailable on xbox.
Source?
MMZ>Torak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #9
BensonTito
 
Banned
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 276
Posts: 472
Last I heard, you need to have a copy of the game on PC to even make a mod for the PS3/360. Then you have to jailbreak your PS3/360, and somehow get the mod into a format that can be recognised on the console.
So in all, it costs money, takes up silly time and you will have practically zero fanbase because nobody (and quite rightly) wants to go jailbreaking their console.

So for the sane amongst us, it cannot be done whatsoever.
BensonTito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #10
masterthehero
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Reputation: 49
Posts: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ygolnac View Post
I know a little number of mods are awailable on xbox.
Bull unless you're talking about changing an .ini file you cannot do this period.

All right folks, here's the deal with modifications. They are changes to the game that are either meshes, textures, quests, etc. In order to make these changes happen you would need to be able to download and install these mods into the game itself.

Considering, that on most consoles even if you install on the hard drive, still require the disc to play; it would not be possible to mod your game. They would never make this possible because that would eliminate the capability of companies to charge DLC for their games.

Sorry, if you want to mod your skyrim game you need to play on the PC.
masterthehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #11
bobczes
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 990
Posts: 3,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterthehero View Post
Bull unless you're talking about changing an .ini file you cannot do this period.

All right folks, here's the deal with modifications. They are changes to the game that are either meshes, textures, quests, etc. In order to make these changes happen you would need to be able to download and install these mods into the game itself.

Considering, that on most consoles even if you install on the hard drive, still require the disc to play; it would not be possible to mod your game. They would never make this possible because that would eliminate the capability of companies to charge DLC for their games.

Sorry, if you want to mod your skyrim game you need to play on the PC.
What's this?

http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/281...s-100-working/
bobczes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #12
MMZ>Torak
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Reputation: 1853
Posts: 6,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobczes View Post
That isn't "Mods on Xbox" that is "copying your save file to a usb drive and editing it on a pc with Skyrim installed".

Distinct difference.
MMZ>Torak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #13
BensonTito
 
Banned
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 276
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobczes View Post
Hhmph, fair enough. Well, good luck to them then, they're making the best of what they got.

Still, it looks a complete nightmare to do.
BensonTito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #14
BensonTito
 
Banned
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 276
Posts: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMZ>Torak View Post
That isn't "Mods on Xbox" that is "copying your save file to a usb drive and editing it on a pc with Skyrim installed".

Distinct difference.
Hmm, I'd say that technically is a mod. From what I gathered he managed to get unlimitted carry weight and learnt all shouts.

I would never choose console over a PC, but you gotta give credit where its due

Last edited by BensonTito: 04-20-2012 at 12:18 PM. Reason: typos
BensonTito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #15
MMZ>Torak
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Reputation: 1853
Posts: 6,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by BensonTito View Post
Hmm, I'd say that technically is a mod. From what I gathered he managed to get unlimitted carry weight and learnt all shouts.

I would never choose console over a PC, but you gotta give credit where its due
It is technically a modification of Skyrim; but not a mod. Nor is a mod installed on the Xbox.
MMZ>Torak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.