Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Engineer

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
Assyrianic
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 113
Posts: 804
Engineers base health

anyone ever thought that the Engineer should have 150 hp instead of 125 base hp? and that the gunslinger engie should have 175 like the other attack classes so that he can actually attack?
Assyrianic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
Shradow
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 1198
Posts: 6,535
nope.avi
Shradow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
aw3s0m3m4n
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 501
Posts: 2,449
He has an aimbot machine and can heal himself.
No.
aw3s0m3m4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
Spy-bait
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Reputation: 228
Posts: 2,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw3s0m3m4n View Post
He has an aimbot machine and can heal himself.
No.
His aimbot machine can be taken away from him, and the heavy can heal himself too. I say test it in beta.
Spy-bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #5
Heisterburg
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 166
Posts: 1,749
What? Why? Gunslinger Engie is arguably OP (though I do not believe so) as it is, why does it need a buff exactly?
Heisterburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #6
NeoSamus
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 754
Posts: 3,282
Why would he need more health? Seriously. Sniper and Spy have low health because they aren't supposed to be engaging in direct combat, Scout has low health to make him a glass cannon and to actually give Scouts a weakness, Medic has 150 because he's often up in the frontlines with the combat classes, and the 175+ HP classes are combat classes.

Engineer fits in with the Sniper/Spy as far as "isn't engaging in direct combat", except when he's using the Gunslinger, which gives him additional health as is.
NeoSamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #7
The Mad Hatter
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 94
Posts: 949
Leetle man has big toy gun and healing box for protection.

Leetle man has enough going for him already, I think.
The Mad Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #8
Assyrianic
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 113
Posts: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSamus View Post
Why would he need more health? Seriously. Sniper and Spy have low health because they aren't supposed to be engaging in direct combat, Scout has low health to make him a glass cannon and to actually give Scouts a weakness, Medic has 150 because he's often up in the frontlines with the combat classes, and the 175+ HP classes are combat classes.

Engineer fits in with the Sniper/Spy as far as "isn't engaging in direct combat", except when he's using the Gunslinger, which gives him additional health as is.
i see your point, but usually engineer IS in the frontlines defending against the attacking team, all it takes is usually one uber + heavy/demo and that 125 hp is gone like *snap*

I agree with Spy-Bait, he should be tested in beta with 150 base hp
Assyrianic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #9
Shradow
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 1198
Posts: 6,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assyrianic View Post
i see your point, but usually engineer IS in the frontlines defending against the attacking team, all it takes is usually one uber + heavy/demo and that 125 hp is gone like *snap*

I agree with Spy-Bait, he should be tested in beta with 150 base hp
1 Uber + Heavy/Demo is not a good example. That can easily take out multiple players, are you saying all those classes need extra hp as well?
Shradow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #10
Assyrianic
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 113
Posts: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shradow View Post
1 Uber + Heavy/Demo is not a good example. That can easily take out multiple players, are you saying all those classes need extra hp as well?
not really im just saying engineer takes the most abuse (other than the heavy) and usually he's the most important target compared to a scout, spy, or sniper...
Assyrianic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #11
Toasty McBurny
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Reputation: 1061
Posts: 3,315
Learn to hide behind your aimbot and suddenly the low hp is almost unnoticable.
Toasty McBurny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #12
bunivasal
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Reputation: 721
Posts: 4,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assyrianic View Post
i see your point, but usually engineer IS in the frontlines defending against the attacking team, all it takes is usually one uber + heavy/demo and that 125 hp is gone like *snap*

I agree with Spy-Bait, he should be tested in beta with 150 base hp
So, to kill a lone engineer, you just need one of the most potent instances of teamwork in the entire game?

Engineers technically have more than 125 HP already. Their primary weapon--the sentry--shoots things all on its own and has 216HP!

In any case, the Engineer is not the sort of class that generally escapes by the skin of his teeth.
bunivasal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #13
TheGameMage
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Reputation: 505
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assyrianic View Post
i see your point, but usually engineer IS in the frontlines defending against the attacking team, all it takes is usually one uber + heavy/demo and that 125 hp is gone like *snap*

I agree with Spy-Bait, he should be tested in beta with 150 base hp
Quit being bad and you'll realize how pointless it is to raise the health on a perfectly balanced class.

(by Valve standards anyway)
TheGameMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #14
TheDL
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Reputation: 1891
Posts: 9,668
i agree with OP, I suggest a wrangler buff that also provides a shield for the engineer.
TheDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:24 AM   #15
Teleportalist
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 497
Posts: 3,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDL View Post
i agree with OP, I suggest a wrangler buff that also provides a shield for the engineer.
100% Damage reduction
Teleportalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Engineer


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.