Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > New Users / Training

Old 04-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
Fyrestalker

Red face Help with trading forums!

this appears when i try to view or create a new thread in the trading forum section

Fyrestalker, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your account may not be activated. Please check that you have verified your email address.
Trading forums: Access to the trading forums requires that you link your Steam account to your Forum account. To link your accounts, click HERE.
Are you posting in Off Topic? You must have 10 or most posts to participate in Off Topic.
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation

my account is activated and verified

ive linked my steam account i believe, logged in with steam forums but dont know how to attach steam profile if that is what im missing

trading isnt off-topic is it?

and last but not least, i havent done anything to be banned or revoked of anything, just joined minutes ago

HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
notdeadyet01

Go to your User CP and link your account
notdeadyet01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:33 AM   #3
phai3838

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestalker View Post
this appears when i try to view or create a new thread in the trading forum section

Fyrestalker, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your account may not be activated. Please check that you have verified your email address.
Trading forums: Access to the trading forums requires that you link your Steam account to your Forum account. To link your accounts, click HERE.
Are you posting in Off Topic? You must have 10 or most posts to participate in Off Topic.
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation

my account is activated and verified

ive linked my steam account i believe, logged in with steam forums but dont know how to attach steam profile if that is what im missing

trading isnt off-topic is it?

and last but not least, i havent done anything to be banned or revoked of anything, just joined minutes ago

HELP ME PLEASE!!!
what it said.
phai3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:02 AM   #4
Hoiguyyami

If you had linked you're steam account to this account, it would have "steam profile" under your name. This is a change that came in about a week ago, i think. Mind you, you can't actually view the post saying that without doing it
Hoiguyyami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:59 AM   #5
Glibbo

Hi Steam-Forum!

I've created and activated my Forum-Account. To reach the Trading-Forum, i've already associated it with my Steam-Account. But i still can't reach the Trading-Forum.
When i'm using notdeadyets hint
Quote:
Originally Posted by notdeadyet01 View Post
Go to your User CP and link your account
i'll receive this message:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steam-System
Clicking below will redirect you to the Steam Community OpenID login.

This steamID has already been associated with a forum account.
...so everything should be fine .... but there's still no trading-forum for me - and no "steam profile"-Button (hint from Hoiguyyami).

Thx for any ideas, before i'm trying to contact Steam-Support.

Last edited by Glibbo: 04-22-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Glibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:45 AM   #6
Tito Shivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glibbo View Post
This steamID has already been associated with a forum account.
It seems you already have your SteamID linked to another forum account.
Tito Shivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #7
Glibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito Shivan View Post
It seems you already have your SteamID linked to another forum account.
...yes!

My fault! Thank you Tito!

I had problems to login with my old account, so i've created this new one to associate it.
My old account (associated long ago) works now with trading - think i've tried it during "german-steam-downtime" last week and only tried my new account since then.
Thx again.
Glibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #8
Fyrestalker

got it all sorted out guys, thanks
Fyrestalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #9
Fyrestalker

this thread seems to be getting hundreds of views.. perhaps seeing such info will help others in the future? kudos to you guys
Fyrestalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > New Users / Training