Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

Old 04-20-2012, 04:36 AM   #1
Sound Shower

Key from the Boar to the Time Paradox Room?

Hi! I have defeated the gold and dark triangle and have the Bright moon left. But I don't want to wait until a real world full moon.

I know about the Time Paradox Room and that you are supposed to get a key from the Boar who hymns the weird songs and runs away when you approach him. My problem is that I have checked some youtubevideos that explains how to fight the boar for his key (in the big old tree), but I can't find the boar in the dream world anymore, whatsoever. I only saw him when I entered the dream world for the very first time, now he's gone.

Somebody who knows how I can find the board/access the time paradox room?
Old 04-20-2012, 04:55 AM   #2
Katrazaie

I had the same problem - I went to go hunt down the Boor after battling the second Trigon, and I wasn't able to find him in the tree, or anywhere else nearby. I wiped my data and started again, but we're still in the Dark Moon phase where he just *doesn't* show up.
Katrazaie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
NeoOoeN

Yep same here... i tried everything, i think.
NeoOoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
wgkkgbhot

i have the same question about this. there is no moon on the sky. is there any bug on the time system? i can't find the man in the man in the dream.
wgkkgbhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
Sound Shower

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgkkgbhot View Post
i have the same question about this. there is no moon on the sky.
It was the same for me during dark moon, so I guess you just can't see the moon because of that. During bright moon you can see a full white shining moon.

Btw, I solved my problem by "cheating" (changed the date in Windows to may the fifth). I couldn't wait for a solution or to wait 2 irl weeks. I wanted to play the game NOW. I got 95% clearance after completing the game.
Sound Shower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:45 AM   #6
BlackAlpha666

I'm in the exact same situation and stuck as well. I usually never look for things like walkthroughs, so I wasted a couple of hours, trying to figure out how to proceed. Then I wasted some more hours trying to find the Paradox Room. And now I find out it's currently impossible to finish the game because you have to wait for a full moon in real life? What? And when that full moon is finally here, I have to drop everything I'm doing to quickly finish the game before the full moon is gone? Are you ing kidding me? And I'm not going to replay the entire game just to unlock the Paradox Room, I just cannot be bothered at this point, I'm not going to jump through hoops for something the developers screwed up.

I can't help but think that the developers are idiots for creating something like this. There's no way to proceed, you have to wait god knows how long or you have to cheat to move on. Whoever designed this game simply doesn't know how to create a game that is not frustrating.
BlackAlpha666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:23 AM   #7
SheldonDragon

The bear you see during the dream sequence (I've also heard it referred to as a boar, but that's irrelevant...) appears only when you're not in either the Light Moon or Dark Moon phase.
SheldonDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:28 AM   #8
SweetNothing

What percentage of fullness does the moon need to display to no longer be considered dark? It's 4% today and still dark moon phase in-game.
SweetNothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #9
PCVXD

It won´t show up at dark or bright moon. And now you got the dark moon trigon you can´t battle him anymore cause the tree is split. Dark moon will end at the 24th.
PCVXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:23 AM   #10
SweetNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCVXD View Post
Dark moon will end at the 24th.
Thank you for this information!
SweetNothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #11
NeoOoeN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCVXD View Post
It won´t show up at dark or bright moon. And now you got the dark moon trigon you can´t battle him anymore cause the tree is split. Dark moon will end at the 24th.
So the only solution is to wait for bright moon ? (or cheat)
NeoOoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #12
PCVXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoOoeN View Post
So the only solution is to wait for bright moon ? (or cheat)
No, to wait till dark moon is over. He also won't show up at bright moon. If you're talking if you already have the dark moon trigon, just restart.
PCVXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #13
Freakservo

Yeah, if you split the tree (i.e. Get the Dark Moon Trigon) before fighting the boor, he will no-longer appear there, and you will be forced to wait for the full moon in real-time. It's quicker to either adjust your PC clock, or if you want to speed up time the Moon Grotto way, wait for the new moon to end (Which, as of this writing, has already happened) and start over. You'll have 20-plus days to make your way back to the Boor and fight him proper.
Freakservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #14
Capy_Nathan

CAPY!
Freakservo is correct, and that's how it was designed to work.
Capy_Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #15
Hoboparty

I think the Grizzled Boor only shows up at intermediate moon phases, i.e. not Bright or Dark. Bright Moon and Dark Moon trigger specific dreams, and he is in a different dream (I think).

What's so wrong about waiting a week or two to continue the game? Unless you're on your death bed, you're still going to play the game either way. Just do something else. I think the Boor should spawn no matter what, but I originally didn't know of his existence and was fine waiting for the moon. Maybe ya'll can accept this part of the game as a lesson in patience?
Hoboparty is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP