Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DiRT series

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
laffles
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Aug 2010
Reputation: 137
Posts: 332
Will showdown have the worst DLC in history like 3 had?

Dirt 3 had the worst DLC I've ever experienced.

Not letting you 100% tours in a game you paid £30 for because you had to purchase a track in each thing, not letting you get full gold.

Persistently shoving cars/tracks in your face that are greyed out and you have to buy, it was bloody awful.

If showdown has the same kind of DLC I will not be purchasing. Does anyone know if Showdown will have the same kind of thing?
laffles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
Countach
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Reputation: 8
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by laffles View Post
Dirt 3 had the worst DLC I've ever experienced.

Not letting you 100% tours in a game you paid £30 for because you had to purchase a track in each thing, not letting you get full gold.

Persistently shoving cars/tracks in your face that are greyed out and you have to buy, it was bloody awful.

If showdown has the same kind of DLC I will not be purchasing. Does anyone know if Showdown will have the same kind of thing?
Those things were added to the game after the dlc was released, at launch you could get gold, there were no grey cars in the list, etc.

So, I guess we will find out after the first batch of dlc is released.
Countach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #3
IDefectedI
 
Banned
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 18
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by laffles View Post
Dirt 3 had the worst DLC I've ever experienced.

Not letting you 100% tours in a game you paid £30 for because you had to purchase a track in each thing, not letting you get full gold.

Persistently shoving cars/tracks in your face that are greyed out and you have to buy, it was bloody awful.

If showdown has the same kind of DLC I will not be purchasing. Does anyone know if Showdown will have the same kind of thing?

showdown looks like 44 dollar DLC ...
IDefectedI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #4
laffles
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Aug 2010
Reputation: 137
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countach View Post
Those things were added to the game after the dlc was released, at launch you could get gold, there were no grey cars in the list, etc.

that's even worse then.

Not buying this game.
laffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
clapperdude
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Reputation: 12
Posts: 90
I was just about to post this myself. I like Flatout and other derby type games so I'd give this a try...but if the DLC implementation is as atrocious as D3 then no buy for me.

I actually tried getting a refund from steam on D3 because of how it doesn't let you 100% the game w/o buying the DLC. Unfortunately I got it as a gift so they couldn't do anything. So yea, like if you bought the game yourself you might actually be able to get a refund because the DLC is just that awful.

Last edited by clapperdude: 04-22-2012 at 04:13 PM.
clapperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:50 AM   #6
Spykirby
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Reputation: 939
Posts: 3,881
Nothing wrong with the DiRT3 DLC imo, althugh they do throw it into ur face at each menu.
Spykirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #7
clapperdude
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Reputation: 12
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spykirby View Post
Nothing wrong with the DiRT3 DLC imo, althugh they do throw it into ur face at each menu.
Its not like this game is F2P, so theres nothing OK with spamming you with DLC throughout car/track selection screens. And...not being able to 100% the game w/o buying DLC...wrong is exactly the word to use to describe how DLC is handled with D3.
clapperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #8
BritishGaMer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Reputation: 7
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapperdude View Post
Its not like this game is F2P, so theres nothing OK with spamming you with DLC throughout car/track selection screens. And...not being able to 100% the game w/o buying DLC...wrong is exactly the word to use to describe how DLC is handled with D3.
Dirt 3 is a shambles. As for the in ya face DLC pff go shove it were the sun don't shine Codemasters you make me ashamed to be British...

Oh one more thing Dirt 3 worst of the Series...
BritishGaMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DiRT series


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.