Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DiRT series

Old 04-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
laffles

Banned
Will showdown have the worst DLC in history like 3 had?

Dirt 3 had the worst DLC I've ever experienced.

Not letting you 100% tours in a game you paid £30 for because you had to purchase a track in each thing, not letting you get full gold.

Persistently shoving cars/tracks in your face that are greyed out and you have to buy, it was bloody awful.

If showdown has the same kind of DLC I will not be purchasing. Does anyone know if Showdown will have the same kind of thing?
Old 04-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
Countach

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffles View Post

Not letting you 100% tours in a game you paid £30 for because you had to purchase a track in each thing, not letting you get full gold.

Persistently shoving cars/tracks in your face that are greyed out and you have to buy, it was bloody awful.

If showdown has the same kind of DLC I will not be purchasing. Does anyone know if Showdown will have the same kind of thing?
Those things were added to the game after the dlc was released, at launch you could get gold, there were no grey cars in the list, etc.

So, I guess we will find out after the first batch of dlc is released.
Countach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #3
IDefectedI

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by laffles View Post

showdown looks like 44 dollar DLC ...
IDefectedI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #4
laffles

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countach View Post
Those things were added to the game after the dlc was released, at launch you could get gold, there were no grey cars in the list, etc.

that's even worse then.

Not buying this game.
laffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
clapperdude

I was just about to post this myself. I like Flatout and other derby type games so I'd give this a try...but if the DLC implementation is as atrocious as D3 then no buy for me.

I actually tried getting a refund from steam on D3 because of how it doesn't let you 100% the game w/o buying the DLC. Unfortunately I got it as a gift so they couldn't do anything. So yea, like if you bought the game yourself you might actually be able to get a refund because the DLC is just that awful.

Last edited by clapperdude: 04-22-2012 at 04:13 PM.
clapperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:50 AM   #6
Spykirby

Nothing wrong with the DiRT3 DLC imo, althugh they do throw it into ur face at each menu.
Spykirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #7
clapperdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spykirby View Post
Nothing wrong with the DiRT3 DLC imo, althugh they do throw it into ur face at each menu.
Its not like this game is F2P, so theres nothing OK with spamming you with DLC throughout car/track selection screens. And...not being able to 100% the game w/o buying DLC...wrong is exactly the word to use to describe how DLC is handled with D3.
clapperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #8
BritishGaMer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clapperdude View Post
Its not like this game is F2P, so theres nothing OK with spamming you with DLC throughout car/track selection screens. And...not being able to 100% the game w/o buying DLC...wrong is exactly the word to use to describe how DLC is handled with D3.
Dirt 3 is a shambles. As for the in ya face DLC pff go shove it were the sun don't shine Codemasters you make me ashamed to be British...

Oh one more thing Dirt 3 worst of the Series...
BritishGaMer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DiRT series