Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > APB Reloaded

Old 04-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
babarz

Bad matchmaking

Im tired of always getting pitted against players who are several levels higher than i am with much better weapons than my starting equipment. How am i supposed to complete missions when i get 2 shot by a sniper or "sniped" by a shotgun from 100 yards away. Is there no one lower leveled that we can be matched with.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
BurnedToast

Basically there's nothing you can do, if you like the game then stick with it and try to get better, otherwise move on to something else.

The system is broken, there's really no penalty for noobstomping - 50% less rewards hardly matters when you have a 30:1 kill ratio and 100% winrate. So obviously high level players just farm newbies all day making them quit, so there's really no new players to match you against.

Why G1 does not just lock golds into gold districts only I don't know.
BurnedToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
Plasmafrog

It's the reason why I stopped playing. Most gold weapons are far superior to the free versions. Ex: Getting snipped from atop a building by somebody wielding an SMG. I shot him twice in the head with a rifle, he simply flips around and sprays me down within the blink of an eye.

The problem is Gamersfirst. All of their games are typically showing of favoritism towards players with a disposable income. I love the customization, but the leveling system, ranks, unlocks and community really dented my opinion over the game.

Personally, the game isn't worth wasting time on unless you feel like wasting money.
Plasmafrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:25 AM   #4
Mokado708

Once again, game is very hard on noobs. And its not a P2W. In 800hours of gameplay, the only money i wasted was on premium, not on guns. Im gold and i can even win vs gold weapons with a stock normal weapon.

It's all about skills AND the time to use them. It's not RAMBO STYLE.

BABARZ And, if you get shot by a sniper 2 times, that means you were stoped long time for him to do it.

PLASMAFROG and if you shoot 2 sniper shots, anyone would die......unless if you miss OR the second shoot took long to hit.

And, if a GOLD player is on a noobie district, he gets 2-3 players vs him. Simple a team work. And a lot of time matchmaking put me on Silver districts and i battle vs 2 silvers and i loose.

Skills, dont expect to learn the game in a few hours.
Mokado708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
Kaidra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokado708 View Post
Once again, game is very hard on noobs. And its not a P2W. In 800hours of gameplay, the only money i wasted was on premium, not on guns. Im gold and i can even win vs gold weapons with a stock normal weapon.

It's all about skills AND the time to use them. It's not RAMBO STYLE.

BABARZ And, if you get shot by a sniper 2 times, that means you were stoped long time for him to do it.

PLASMAFROG and if you shoot 2 sniper shots, anyone would die......unless if you miss OR the second shoot took long to hit.

And, if a GOLD player is on a noobie district, he gets 2-3 players vs him. Simple a team work. And a lot of time matchmaking put me on Silver districts and i battle vs 2 silvers and i loose.

Skills, dont expect to learn the game in a few hours.
..What? The thing about gold players isn't true at all. I started playing yesterday with a friend and as soon as we got out of the tutorial we got paired up against 3 gold players. Somehow we couldn't even call for backup. They gunned us down so fast every time we attacked that we eventually just gave up and waited until time ran out.

Anyways, I've found threads from early 2011 (when the game launched) on the official forums complaining about the same exact thing. Clearly the developers have no intention of doing anything about it.
Kaidra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:30 PM   #6
Zyat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaidra View Post

Anyways, I've found threads from early 2011 (when the game launched) on the official forums complaining about the same exact thing. Clearly the developers have no intention of doing anything about it.
Believe it or not, things are much better now than they were in beta and at launch.

Fixing the matchmaking is a long difficult road. Go too far one way or the other it screws everything up and makes things worse than they currently are.

Like when they first changed threat to be account based... people were yo-yo-ing from green to gold and back again like crazy just by playing normally. And some of the long time players who just want to farm newbies have been dethreating to green in the hopes of staying there in the easy ranks forever.
Zyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:35 AM   #7
XMMX

I stoped playing because the Pay to win wepons are superior
XMMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:48 AM   #8
DoomMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMMX View Post
I stoped playing because the Pay to win wepons are superior
false mate there is nothing OP about them they're just superior to stock weapons in a way but that's it.
DoomMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:18 AM   #9
Xeccess

Uninstalled.
Started a week ago I'm lvl 20 against 200+s with pay2win gold weapons. matchmaking sucks lol
They should work on that or they'll never get new players
Xeccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #10
BurnedToast

it really makes me sad to see so many people saying pay2win weapons....

The CSG is kind of overpowered (though a 3 slot modded JG is reasonably comparable) and *maybe* the whisper.... everything else is fine, pretty much exactly what you get just from playing. Those two guns are also not godmode or anything.

The game has real problems, yes. It crashes a lot, there's still a bunch of hackers, the matchmaker is terrible and it's just inexcusable that they allowed the degree of noobstomping they do... but pay2win is not one of the problems and G1 is the best F2P companies I've seen.

I've even grouped with people who complained about P2W... and double checked the enemy team's items to see none of them even had ARMAS guns
BurnedToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #11
Zyat

I've noticed lately that alot of new players check the enemy team and see they have slotted weapons, then jump to the conclusion they MUST be armas weapons. Others just see a gold weapon and exclaim "We lose they have overpowered guns" then quit or just run headlong into the fire and feed the other team instead of playing tactically.

Every weapon has its upsides and downsides, there is no such thing as an overpowered weapon, the only thing close is if you're talking about the rare case of a person who actually knows how to use the nade launcher properly. They can destroy folks at crazy ranges. But even then if you make it through the killing zone and get to the guy its easy to mow em down.

I personally don't consider the CSG or whisper to be any better than their counterparts. They are better than a bone stock unslotted JG or OCA of course, but once you get a 2 slot version unlocked things even out. A 2 slot OCA can destroy a whisper user in cqc, the whisper has the advantage from 20-30 meters but even then its nothing special, a bone stock Star can outperform a whisper at 20-30+ meters so long as the player can aim.

I own both a whisper (got it with the retail box) and a CSG (bought the valentines one when it was dirt cheap cause killing people with a pink shotgun while dressed like a clown is all kinds of awesome). In my loudouts I choose an OCA over the whisper every time. The CSG I do choose over a JG, but thats because I don't have access to a slotted JG yet for that character.
Zyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #12
derkaderka

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnedToast View Post
it really makes me sad to see so many people saying pay2win weapons....

The CSG is kind of overpowered (though a 3 slot modded JG is reasonably comparable) and *maybe* the whisper.... everything else is fine, pretty much exactly what you get just from playing. Those two guns are also not godmode or anything.

The game has real problems, yes. It crashes a lot, there's still a bunch of hackers, the matchmaker is terrible and it's just inexcusable that they allowed the degree of noobstomping they do... but pay2win is not one of the problems and G1 is the best F2P companies I've seen.

I've even grouped with people who complained about P2W... and double checked the enemy team's items to see none of them even had ARMAS guns
the p2w gold weapons have hidden stat bonuses on them that make them better than what stock with mods ever can accomplish.

that being said, i'm a gold threat player with a few hundred hours played, f2p, no sub, no cash shop items. but i know players that have bought them and they have stated that the gold weapons have hidden stat gains that aren't displayed in the shop tooltips, like less/no recoil, longer effective range, more accuracy, etc.

yes, the whisper is a fine example of a p2w item. toe to toe, vs a free modded oca with say reflex 3, same players skill, the whisper will always prevail because it shoots with less/no recoil, and has a longer effective range... (stats that are not even present in the tooltip but are present in the gameplay) which effectively makes it a ridiculously good mid-range weapon as well as a dominant close-range weapon.. that is ... OP. to say apb doesn't have a p2w problem, you're in denial.

so yes, the game is p2w, but if you're good at fps like me you can still own scrubs who p2w, but good players with lots of real money are obviously holding an advantage good players that choose not to shell out $60 (real dollars per weapon) for such nonsense.

as for me, i've played this game heavily, but it just doesn't hold much of my attention these days. being a gold threat player owning bronzes is fun but bad for the life of the game and makes me feel guilty. but p2w and noob-stomping are hardly its biggest problems.

the game is still an inferior shooter because of the horrible matchmaking, but also because of the limitations of team size being so small. 2 player team is about the most fun you can expect. meaning you get opposition and backup if server is ideal.

but get 4 good players together and you won't find any opposition. have more than 4? tough luck because the party size is 4 and the game objectives are just ridiculous with more than that on each team.

Last edited by derkaderka: 04-24-2012 at 02:11 PM.
derkaderka is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > APB Reloaded