Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > F1 2011

Old 04-21-2012, 05:31 AM   #1
Pete Danger

Bahrain race

Well,so this crazy start to the season continues!
Qualifying was hard to follow on times...people popping in times that were not expected and some dropping times that were likewise.
At the end of the day though, for me, the two fastest drivers are on the front row. As we know in F1, the fastest drivers don't win automatically and I am still backing Jenson, who is fourth on the grid.
I just love these online TV stations; I've got several of them lined up and as Sky has them shut down for copyright reasons, I just move on to another!, got enough of them to see me through the race lol.
OK, who do you think will win the Bahrain race?...be brave!.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:41 AM   #2
HugoBob

Indeed a crazy qualify. Mercedes said that Schumacher had a problem. Let's hope they have, otherwise it would be a huge mistake. In that way he will never win a race again. Also a surprise was that Kimi didn't make it to Q3.

But who will win it? I think Vettel will win it, because the racepace of the Red Bull is quite good. I Don't think that Rosberg will do well in the race, due the problems with the rear tyres. But let's hope it will be an exciting race.
HugoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:21 AM   #3
Pete Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoBob View Post
Indeed a crazy qualify. Mercedes said that Schumacher had a problem. Let's hope they have, otherwise it would be a huge mistake. In that way he will never win a race again. Also a surprise was that Kimi didn't make it to Q3.

But who will win it? I think Vettel will win it, because the racepace of the Red Bull is quite good. I Don't think that Rosberg will do well in the race, due the problems with the rear tyres. But let's hope it will be an exciting race.
Hi Bob, well you got that one right! Vettel for the win. I just hope (even though I think Vettel is brilliant) that it is not going to be a repeat of the last couple of seasons...much more exciting the way it has been going so far this season; with four races and four different winners.
All a bit strange at Bahrain...Hamilton and Button with rear tire problems for starters.
Kimi put the excitement into the race, along with his young team mate. All in all, a continuation of the whacky start to the season!
I thought, that this being an F1 forum, there would be more response to these race posts; but so far it seems to be yourself, skoops and me only.
Pete Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
HugoBob

Indeed strange, the lost of speed by McLaren. I love the season so far, but when you look at the standings, nothing has changed! I mean, after four races, it's still Vettel and Red Bull in the lead. But hey, let's hope it's all changed in the next race. Let's hope for a other 'new' winner. That should be possible with Schumacher, Lewis and Kimi.

And you are right Pete. It's a pitty that there aren't more responses in this threat. Maybe there are more F1-gamers than F1 fans?
Old 04-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #5
skoops

Hello guys not been on for a while.I agree where are the F1 PC gamers out there .My guess is the majority of them are playing the Xbox or PS3 version of the game.

Another exciting race, wish Mclaren would get their race pace sorted out and that rear gun man how many points as that cost Mclaren now.

Cant see Redbull dominating like last season looks like their playing catch up already. Im sure all the other teams will have a few updates over the next few races to close/overtake the gap.
skoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #6
HugoBob

This week is the Mugello test. Strange though, that Mclaren is going to drive with the test drivers. They definitely didn't had the pace last race.

Btw, I play the F1 game on my pc. I played the xbox version ones and it looked terrible compared to the pc version. Are you a console gamer as well Skoops?
Old 04-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
Souls

I've watched every Formula 1 race this year so far. I have to DVR them because they have come on at crazy times in the US. I was hoping Perez would do more after Malasia. I would like to see him take Massa's spot at Ferrari. I am glad to see other teams becoming competitive besides just Red Bull, Mclaren, and Ferrari. My favorite team is still Mclaren, there pit crew has hurt them bad this year. I still plan on going to Austin in November to see F1 for real! I love pretty much all kinds of racing though, except NASCAR. My favorite channel is the SPEED channel here in the US. Watching V8 supercars in New Zealand right now.

Some cool F1 Videos that have not been blocked yet

2011 Crashes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esrJBfuqIE0

Hamilton and Schumacher battling at Monza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdExBpCpukI

Last edited by Souls: 04-29-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Souls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #8
skoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoBob View Post
This week is the Mugello test. Strange though, that Mclaren is going to drive with the test drivers. They definitely didn't had the pace last race.

Btw, I play the F1 game on my pc. I played the xbox version ones and it looked terrible compared to the pc version. Are you a console gamer as well Skoops?
Didn't Hamilton say he changed his mind and was now going to the test.

Im not a console gamer Bob I have a nice gamming PC here .Havent bought a console sinse 2004 now PS2 I think.Consoles are ok if you want to pick up and play but PC games are way better if ported and developed correctly.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #9
HugoBob

You are right about the PC Skoops. My last console was a PS2 as well!

And yes, Hamilton did said that, but McLaren didn't change the plans. Maybe they are very confident about their pace.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:23 AM   #10
Pete Danger

@skoops
@HugoBob
@Souls...not in any particular order.

Hi all, all of a sudden this post has sprung into life!
First off Souls, I have managed to watch all of the GP's so far this season live; the first three were as you say, "crazy times", but the last one was a sensible time, for us here in the UK. Luckily for me, I am now retired and can stay up all hours if need be. I've been watching the ones that the BBC have not covered on a USA online TV station called "WhereverTV", I've got a backup one called HaHasport.com also. I have not got Sky TV, as I don't like paying for stuff I think should be free!
Bet you are looking forward to Austin in Nov', I think all of the F1 fans round the world are waiting to see how it pans out. The track there looks amazing; I was reading that the teams will have their work cut out setting up the cars for it.
Hi skoops, got your feathers ruffled when Bob asked if you were a console player, hehe.
I hope you are right about the Red Bulls skoops...would spoil things if they dominate the scene again. I think Vettel is great, but I thought Schumie was great too, but that did not stop F1 from becoming a trifle boring, with his winning most of the time.
I am waiting for GTR3 to come out of SimBin...they are recruiting beta testers now...not F1 I know, but great racing is expected.
Hope things are going ok for you skoops.
All PC gamers here I think Bob...I've never had a console, but have played with one of my grandsons on his and the difference to the PC is marked. He is ten years old and well into F1; he is round here often using my rig.
I thought that Lewis said he would be testing also...I think Jenson took the time off no questions asked!
Kimi was a breath of fresh air at Bahrain and maybe there is much more to come from him...hope so.
It is all close at the moment...if Jenson had not had to retire in the last couple of laps and he had kept his place, he would be leading the championship now.
Pete Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #11
skoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Danger View Post

Hi skoops, got your feathers ruffled when Bob asked if you were a console player, hehe.
I hope you are right about the Red Bulls skoops...would spoil things if they dominate the scene again. I think Vettel is great, but I thought Schumie was great too, but that did not stop F1 from becoming a trifle boring, with his winning most of the time.
I am waiting for GTR3 to come out of SimBin...they are recruiting beta testers now...not F1 I know, but great racing is expected.
Hope things are going ok for you skoops.

Im fine thanks Pete.. Could you really detect my horror when Bob asked if I was a console gamer .Bob wasn't to know my console days are over. Good old up-gradable PC is the path Ive taken nearly 10 years now. I love the GPU and CPU tech side of things, thats all part of the fun for me.I must admit I do have a little bit of negativity towards consoles as I feel their stunting the development of PC games as a whole. Console are still stuck with age old DX 9 which means most games developers optimism their games for Dx 9 < console and sometimes dont even release their game on PC due to the extra work and cost of making it DX 11 < PC.

I do love Vettle (2nd behind my favourite Hamilton) as a driver he's fast fearless seems a nice guy and has great race craft... but when someone wins the first 10 out of 11 races or whatever it was last season it does take away a bit of the excitement.So hopefully Redbull will stay with the rest of the pack- Mclaren,Mercedes and maybe Lotus and make the season a long and exciting one.Sorry Ferrari use are well off the pace and its only Alonso's skill thats keeping the car in the points.

Driver I think who has a great future and is destined for great things is Perez.Looking forward to see if he lives up to his potential.. or have I just put the mockers on him

Last edited by skoops: 04-30-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > F1 2011