Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Legend of Grimrock

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #31
Tsar Bomba
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Reputation: 2
Posts: 91
The bandwagon has more room now that Ben left, jump on board.
Tsar Bomba is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #32
S_Jake
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Reputation: 5
Posts: 46
*shrugs* It's hardly a case of jumping on a bandwagon, more a case of stating the bleeding obvious.
S_Jake is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #33
Tsar Bomba
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Reputation: 2
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Jake View Post
*shrugs* It's hardly a case of jumping on a bandwagon, more a case of stating the bleeding obvious.
Obviously. So why continue? Unless, there is more than a presentation of information behind the comments...
Tsar Bomba is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #34
S_Jake
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Reputation: 5
Posts: 46
*shrugs* Isn't every comment a 'presentation of information' in some shape or form?
S_Jake is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #35
Tsar Bomba
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Reputation: 2
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Jake View Post
*shrugs* Isn't every comment a 'presentation of information' in some shape or form?
*shrugs* What's your point? Because it doesn't seem to have anything to do with my comment, which is about subtext.
Tsar Bomba is offline  
Old 04-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #36
Ben Affleck
 
Banned
Join Date: Mar 2008
Reputation: 92
Posts: 299
Ahh, I love when we talk about Dungeon Master; so many fond memories..

Here's a list I made of games that totally rip off Legend of Grimrock by means of a specially modified Delorean:

Ishar
Anvil of Dawn
Lands of Lore
Eye of the Beholder I,II & III
Sonic The Hedgehog
Stonekeep
Menzoberranzan
Abandoned Places - A Time for Heroes
Wizardry

Special Mention to my homeys:

Ultima I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Ultima Underworld I & II

Anyone else got any to add? In fact, I'm going to make a new topic- Don't reply here, go there

Last edited by Ben Affleck: 04-23-2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Taking links down... just in case....
Ben Affleck is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #37
S_Jake
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Reputation: 5
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar Bomba View Post
*shrugs* What's your point? Because it doesn't seem to have anything to do with my comment, which is about subtext.
*moons* My point is that if you slate every comment that only presents information, you'll be slating 99% of all comments you ever read. Besides, not all 'good' comments require subtext.

Seriously, if you're so excised about such trivial things as banal posts on a web forum, you really need to look outside and see what's going on in the world you live in - right now we have protests that are violently put down in Bahrain, women in Uzbekistan who are sterilised without their knowledge or consent and Zimbabwe is so poor that in the major cities the infrastructure has collapsed to the point were raw sewage runs down the streets.

Now can we get back to the business of talking about games, which is what we're supposed to be doing here (apologies to everybody else for the off-topic rant)?
S_Jake is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #38
Ben Affleck
 
Banned
Join Date: Mar 2008
Reputation: 92
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Jake View Post
*moons*

Seriously, if you're so excised about such trivial things as banal posts on a web forum, you really need to look outside and see what's going on in the world you live in
I don't reckon he can hear you- also be careful what you say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Affleck View Post
I wouldn't credit him with the mental agility it takes to be a troll.
He reported me for this. After he made comments questioning my sexuality, and outright stating I would die alone of heart problems.
Ben Affleck is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 05:03 PM   #39
Tsar Bomba
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Reputation: 2
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Jake View Post
*moons* My point is that if you slate every comment that only presents information, you'll be slating 99% of all comments you ever read. Besides, not all 'good' comments require subtext.

Seriously, if you're so excised about such trivial things as banal posts on a web forum, you really need to look outside and see what's going on in the world you live in - right now we have protests that are violently put down in Bahrain, women in Uzbekistan who are sterilised without their knowledge or consent and Zimbabwe is so poor that in the major cities the infrastructure has collapsed to the point were raw sewage runs down the streets.

Now can we get back to the business of talking about games, which is what we're supposed to be doing here (apologies to everybody else for the off-topic rant)?
*watches S_Jake drool through his slack-jawed expression.* And you miss the point, again. I was not 'slating' a post for containing information, but that the post was less about any presentation of information than its subtext. If you persist in flaming me, please do so in a manner that does not make me cringe for the educational system.

And if you are so concerned about banal posts, why did you come back to this post more than a day after it had begun to die, only to flame, yet again? That is banality.

Yes, please get back to discussing games, and stop going out of your way to stumble and plod through an ill-conceived attempt at a flame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Affleck View Post
He reported me for this. After he made comments questioning my sexuality, and outright stating I would die alone of heart problems.
I never questioned your sexuality, I never even brought it up. I asked you not to discuss any gross personal pastimes. (as per #1 of the forum rules) If by that you deem your sexuality to be a 'gross personal pastime' then that is your assessment. I did not make that comparison, YOU did. This is the third time you have tried to attribute comments about your sexuality to me. Is this a touchy subject for you? Is it an embarrassment that needs to be so rabidly defended? If so, then perhaps you have made a tragic choice somewhere that has made you so insecure about your sexuality? In any event, it's not my problem. It's yours.
Tsar Bomba is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #40
callipygous_tp
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Reputation: 14
Posts: 108
Best fed troll I've seen on these forums.
callipygous_tp is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #41
Ben Affleck
 
Banned
Join Date: Mar 2008
Reputation: 92
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar Bomba View Post
circle jerk the monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Affleck View Post
I don't think that means what you think it means.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar Bomba View Post
You would know better than I, Ben.
And before you ask, I am not interested in a demonstration nor participation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar Bomba View Post
Only you would know what you are totally into... don't talk about your gross personal pastimes.
..Spin on roughly one day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar Bomba View Post
I never questioned your sexuality, I never even brought it up.
Am I missing something?

Also, for good measure:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar Bomba View Post
Wow, you seriously have life issues. Haters gonna... well, lose friends, never get married, have heart problems, and die alone.
You forgot to explain why you said this?
Ben Affleck is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #42
Tsar Bomba
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Reputation: 2
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar Bomba View Post
It's the obvious suggestion to those that think combat is too easy, if you don't, then circle jerk the monsters.
To which you quoted 'circle jerk the monsters' with the following...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Affleck View Post
I don't think that means what you think it means.
Which appears to me to be someone who is assuming a stance as an authority on circle jerking and you, as an authority on the activity, were cautioning me on it's meaning and usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar Bomba View Post
You would know better than I, Ben.

And before you ask, I am not interested in a demonstration nor participation. Please keep your non-grimrock related pastimes to yourself.
Which is me acknowledging your claim to be an expert circle jerker and heeding your advice in that it is of questionable content. I then requested you do not further illustrate what it means, by demonstration or an invitation of participation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar Bomba View Post
Only you would know what you are totally into. I just asked you to not go into detail about it. Which as you mistakenly attributed to me, is stated in rule 1 of the forum; don't talk about your gross personal pastimes.
This is actually the full quote which you took out of context. I am simply stating that only you know your interests, and further asked you not to discuss it here on the forums in keeping with forum rule #1. Which includes the exact word 'gross' in its text. So It is not I asking you to refrain from posting your 'gross personal pastimes', but Steam. Perhaps you should send them an email about how you wish to discuss gross things with their customers? You could even include what an expert circle jerker you are. I am sure they will be very impressed.

Nowhere in there did I question your sexuality.
Tsar Bomba is offline  
Old 04-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #43
Ben Affleck
 
Banned
Join Date: Mar 2008
Reputation: 92
Posts: 299
Whatever you say bro

Still never explained this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar Bomba View Post
Wow, you seriously have life issues. Haters gonna... well, lose friends, never get married, have heart problems, and die alone.
Ben Affleck is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 03:16 AM   #44
Mike Nomad
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Reputation: 47
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar Bomba View Post
There I said it.

Haven't seen the credit given yet, so I had to do it.
Give a look HERE....
Mike Nomad is offline  
Old 04-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #45
Ben Affleck
 
Banned
Join Date: Mar 2008
Reputation: 92
Posts: 299
Gee it's gotten quiet in here. How refreshing.
Ben Affleck is offline  
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Legend of Grimrock


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.