Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Devil May Cry series

Old 04-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
lastairbender

Unhappy Cutscene stutter on DMC4

Hi I have Devil May Cry 4, and have problems with it:

1) Cutscenes seem to stutter (lag for a split second every few seconds, especially when the camera pans) and also there seems to be a shadow problem as well (a spiralled effect on faces, most noticeable in 2nd cutscene when Kyrie comes to sit next to Nero when Sanctus is giving speech. "2000 years ago, Sparda turned against his demon brethren" etc).

Have partially fixed shadow problem by setting shadows to high instead of very high in pc options, but the cutscene stutter is driving me mad. I have tried updating Nvidia drivers, changing my internet security (thought it was norton that was the problem, it wasn't) turning off v sync in game and forcing it through control panel. Nothing works. My PC specs:

Intel Core i7 2630QM
6GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 555M (with Optimus, unfortunately)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Problem happens in DX9 and 10. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:18 AM   #2
DeadPhoenix86

have you installed latest video drivers?
also what resolution and settings are you playing it at?
DeadPhoenix86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:08 AM   #3
lastairbender

1280x720. Anything above that seems to make opening cutscene look terrible (terrible jagged edges on Dante's sword). Not sure why.

Graphics drivers are not up to date at the moment. Have tried all latest nvidia drivers and nothing has changed. Problem persists.
lastairbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
Sami69

Check that there's xfire or sli disabled at ini. file. Also fixes crashes which might occur.
Sami69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
lastairbender

Where is the ini file located? What line am I looking for once I find it? Thanks.
lastairbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #6
Sami69

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastairbender View Post
Where is the ini file located? What line am I looking for once I find it? Thanks.
I don't remember where the ini. file is located. Try typing ¨config.ini¨ to search on windows. If i remember correctly there shouldn't be too many commands at there. Just try to find line where it says something like ¨SLI:FALSE or SLI: TRUE¨.

Devil may cry 4, when maxed out or certain things maxed out sometimes misunderstand that user has sli or xfire configuration. This usually causes cutscene related crashes.

If its on False already then try the usual: defragment game files by steam (even if it says they are fine), update sound drivers, update gpu drivers.

If these doesn't help either then: try lowering game settings to medium and if problem disappears then try upping them one by one to find culprit. Good thing there's benchmark included in the game.

If these doesn't help either then do the following:

1. Take a seat next to your computer
2. Raise your hand above your computer
3. Put your hand to fist
4. Lower your hand as fast as you can

Repeat steps 2-4 as many time as needed.

Last edited by Sami69: 04-28-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Sami69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Devil May Cry series