Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Harvest: Massive Encounter

Old 04-23-2012, 12:47 AM   #1
FFabian

Harvest does not start on OSX

I just bought Harvest but unfortunately it doesn't start. Steam shows a "Game not available (Corrupt game files) error.

Yes, the first thing I did was verifying the game files. I tried reinstalling the game and deleting the Clientregistry.blob.

I'm running Lion 10.7.3 on an iMac 27" (Late 2010)
Old 04-23-2012, 02:12 AM   #2

Me too. I have the problem as well.

Lion 10.7.3 MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2007)
50934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:01 AM   #3
mixvio

I have the same issue.
mixvio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
echo41

Same here. 10.7.3 Mac Pro 5,1.

Anyone have any idea if it will run under Snow Leopard? The problem could be lack of Rosetta.
echo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #5
ckvega

Same issue.
Am on Lion 10.7.3
ckvega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:56 AM   #6
FFabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo41 View Post
Same here. 10.7.3 Mac Pro 5,1.

Anyone have any idea if it will run under Snow Leopard? The problem could be lack of Rosetta.
It's advertised as "OS: OS X version Leopard 10.5.8 or later." Lion has no Rosetta support and I'm not going to downgrade my OS just to play Harvest - a game that is advertised as Lion compatible.
FFabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:30 AM   #7
echo41

Alright, so I dug up my original serial and downloaded the full game from the Dev. Whatdaya know, it works fine on Lion. So, it's definitely not a Rosetta problem. Steam just needs to repair the binaries, maybe.
echo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #8
DanielBrauer

If you run the app manually (~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Harvest Massive Encounter/Harvest Steam.app/Contents/MacOS/Harvest Steam), you can see in the Terminal that the game is failing to find the Cg library:

Code:
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/Cg.framework/Cg
  Referenced from: /Users/--/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Harvest Massive Encounter/Harvest Steam.app/Contents/MacOS/Harvest Steam
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5
I think this should be fixed by adding a symbolic link to the library in the location it's looking:

Code:
ln -s ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Harvest\ Massive\ Encounter/Harvest\ Steam.app/Contents/Frameworks/Cg.framework/Versions/1.0/Cg ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Harvest\ Massive\ Encounter/Harvest\ Steam.app/Contents/Frameworks/Cg.framework/Cg
Unfortunately, this packaging issue isn't the only problem. Once the link is in place, the application gets a segmentation fault on startup.

Long story short: I'd be surprised if it's working for any Mac users right now, and we'll have to wait until the game is updated to play it.
DanielBrauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #9
luanle

im just hoping they fix the game soon for osx that is cause i cant play it atm
luanle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #10
Holyrag

Same here... seems to have been "updated" but still broken...
Holyrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:35 AM   #11
luanle

well now its work by that i mean its doesnt give me a a error but crashed when i hit play now so....
luanle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #12
orlie00

If you have still problems starting the game, this has worked for me:
  1. Close Steam
  2. Go to:
    Code:
    ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Harvest\ Massive\ Encounter/Harvest\ Steam.app/Contents/Frameworks/Cg.framework/
    and rename the file "Cg" to "Cg.old"
  3. Open Terminal and enter:
    Code:
    ln -s ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Harvest\ Massive\ Encounter/Harvest\ Steam.app/Contents/Frameworks/Cg.framework/Versions/1.0/Cg ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Harvest\ Massive\ Encounter/Harvest\ Steam.app/Contents/Frameworks/Cg.framework/Cg
    to add a new symbolic link to "Cg" as suggested by DanielBrauer
  4. Game should start normal now...
orlie00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #13
lxbxtr

Just a quick 'me 2' - I'm getting the 'Harvest Steam cannot be opened because of a problem' dialog (after the most recent update). Additional information - I downloaded the Harvest Demo for OSX direct from www.oxeyegames.com/harvest/ and it starts up OK - so the problem is obviously in the Steam package rather than the application itself.

I'm on OSX 10.7.3, MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
lxbxtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #14
tomcc

Hey, Mac mantainer here!
Unfortunately both of the problems (corrupt files and missing Cg) are caused by the Steam configuration, on which we don't have real control - they will be fixed ASAP anyway!

Until they are fixed, you can try to play using the fix orlie00 suggested, OR you could install the nvidia Cg toolkit so that it's available system-wide!

We're talking with Steam to solve this as soon as possible... and thanks for the help you're giving us pointing out the bugs
tomcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #15
0xDEADC0DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcc View Post
Hey, Mac mantainer here!
Unfortunately both of the problems (corrupt files and missing Cg) are caused by the Steam configuration, on which we don't have real control - they will be fixed ASAP anyway!

Until they are fixed, you can try to play using the fix orlie00 suggested, OR you could install the nvidia Cg toolkit so that it's available system-wide!

We're talking with Steam to solve this as soon as possible... and thanks for the help you're giving us pointing out the bugs
thanks a lot Tom and orlie00! works fine now, I'll still wait for the patch.
Thanks for bringing this awesome game on mac!
0xDEADC0DE is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Harvest: Massive Encounter