Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

Old 05-06-2012, 01:46 AM   #46
Salamatiqus

There are many trees in industrial zone of New Eden, in place where hackable scrabullator located.
Salamatiqus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #47
GetCatTonight

Surpised that the devs were still working on this. I'd gladly pay for DLC, yknow.

This games pretty much the most confusing mess possible and there's no reason to do anything but run around with the minigun, but it's interesting.

There's still a ton of quests that I've never figured out, like where to find the monster to kill in the underground sewers of new eden. Or the pirates treasure or whatever the detective achievement is for. Or uh, how to end the game. Please add a final, super, omega extra true ending with the next patch :/

I'm still having annoying things go on like having the 110000 i spent on a research wasted because it decided to reset itself after reloading the game. I think I'm gonna give up and use a trainer for a while.

It's nice to see a dev posting on forums with players by the way. Rarely happens. Looking forward to any updates!
GetCatTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:53 AM   #48
Streumon

Streum On Studio
Do you think it remains a lot of forests in a so industrialized future?

GetCatTonight --> yes we are still working on E.Y.E, a major update will be released soon and a free DLC is still in preparation.

Concerning the character reset issues, we have improved the system to limit it and we are still working on it. It's going to be fixed soon.
Streumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #49
Praylak

This is good news. I really appreciate your update, and knowing more patches are in the works. Its a really awesome game.
Praylak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #50
stinkytaco

Banned
Streum On Studio, I love you!

It is true, i only live with my wife because i am a poor cook.
stinkytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #51
Arngrim

This game still has the best Gunplay in an FPS ive ever played. There is something about all the weapons and how they sound and feel when you shoot, that make sit so damn satisfying to use them. Same goes for the melee weapons.
Arngrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #52
Amber_Johnson

Banned
When will the update?

Thank you.
Amber_Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #53
bobsbarricades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arngrim View Post
This game still has the best Gunplay in an FPS ive ever played. There is something about all the weapons and how they sound and feel when you shoot, that make sit so damn satisfying to use them. Same goes for the melee weapons.
agreed - it's got a lot of nice to it.
bobsbarricades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #54
Amber_Johnson

Banned
I want this to not be broken. It will be fun to Play better I think later when they fix.
Amber_Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:38 AM   #55
leonoraoswald

I just got this game and i am really exited about the unique atmosphere, the great graphics and architecture, the weird enviroments and fashion, the great soundtrack and the beatifully alien language that people talk.

If you are now making an update i have two requests. The first being crucial.

1. I must have bigger fonts. I sit in a sofa and play this game on a 40 inch screen connected to my htpc. I cant understand anything from dialogue or menus. But i cant rearrange all furniture and connect mouse and keyboard just to play a game. Its unbearable to play sitting just in front of my big screen.

2. Im playing with the razer hydra. A motion control dual gamepad. The company producing its software (sixense) is now integrating it in more and more steam games. I would love to get direct integration of this controller in EYE, for easy selection of hotkeys, and other features. Check with sixsense about this. I have myself made controlbindings for playing EYE with the hydra, that i think my mapping is really good, making use of 28 hotkeys and all normal commands.

Kind regards!
leonoraoswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #56
Kaibamon

Glad you are still alive and doing good.The game was very good(even tho I did swear at the beginning it grew on me) and hope to see it getting even better with the new update!
As for features I look forward to,hmm well
Could you please add a ladder climing animation?It just looks awkward when I played with my friends and looked like you were staying stiff and climbing up.So I guess a few new animations could also find they're way in the new update?Maybe even some execution animation moves when I melle.
New powers sound terrific,uh will you add anything for a main melle class to take out ranged mobs?Like a holo shuriken or something?I loved to slash my wat throw mobs but when I come across that helicopter or the deux ex I run off like a little girl.
Weapons,Yes please keep em coming!Think a few more can fit perfect.If not,ever considered weapon upgrades?Small things like adding better scopes,or muzzles for less recoil.
Other than that idk,the game has enough to keep me amused to this day still.I'll just wait to be surprised I guess.
Kaibamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:20 AM   #57
Streumon

Streum On Studio
-->Amber_Johnson
The release will be as soon as possible^^.
And as far as I know, most of the bugs have been fixed.

--> leonoraoswald
We have changed the font used, but I’ll let you tell me if it’s readable on your screen. We don’t have this hardware to test in such conditions.
Concerning the Razer Hydra, I don’t think we’ll have the time to integrate something for it. But after having bound your keys, does it run well or do you encounter any issue with it?

--> Kaibamon
No animations have been added for this update. We have focused on bug corrections.
Streumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:38 AM   #58
leonoraoswald

Im happy to hear about the fonts!

"Concerning the Razer Hydra, I don’t think we’ll have the time to integrate something for it. But after having bound your keys, does it run well or do you encounter any issue with it?"

Well once when the first mission had loaded i could not use the left mousebutton bound to my right trigger anymore. After checking in the in game options-contols section, i found that "fire weapon" was not bound to anything, so i had to rebind it to left mouse button. I found this out because it didnt work even when i used my ordinary mouse instead of the hydra.

Otherwise i dont have any problem exept that its annoying that the weapon keys get mixed randomly while moving between maps. Im not sure if this also happens with cyberimplant and psy-force keys. But i read about this problem elsewhere so i dont think its related to the hydra.

One of the things i have problem making a binding for is to set the different player movement speeds to be bound to how far the analogue stick is tilted. Maybe this would need integration or some sort of support to work. I wanted to have slow walk, walk, sprint/cybersprint all on the analog stick, but now i need to bind more buttons and combine them with the analogue stick to control movement speed. But this is also something that might be possible to solve from the sixsense side.

Otherwise its easy to control and play the game with the hydra. And its easy also to fast reach the different quick buttons for all weapons, psiforces, and cyberaugmentations.
But concerning how few games that at the moment has hydra integration it might be an easy way to get some extra marketing at the time of release of this update.

Oh, one thing that i dont find how to do is how i can bind the "hack menu" to a key, i dont think i found this as an option in the in game "options-control"-section. I would like this possibility with an update!

Kind regards!
leonoraoswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #59
Lemmington

Well, I've been away from EyE a long while, but if there is an update coming soon I'm certainly stoked!

Quick gush:
Of all the games released in 2011 Eye was possibly the most interesting for me, and that’s damn good since 2011 had so many good games! While its a bit wonky, a bit broken and has issues coming out its ears, the fact it actually tried to do something interesting, fresh and ambitious was a huge boost. Be an army man in another boring military shooter, or be a power-armour clad monster man who could jump 20 meters, goomba stomp his enemies, pick up cars and throw them in their faces, tellefrag someone from a mile and then go into stealth to run around the level WHICHEVER WAY HE WISHED? I don’t think the army man sounds as fun.

Couple of small problems I've noticed that I cant see in this thread:

Research: There needs to be slightly better feedback on what the research does in both the descriptions and once they have been completed. I don’t mind the fact I'm throwing money at stuff I have no idea about as, most of the time, it has a good effect on my character. However once the research is finished there is no feedback in game as to what it did. Unless you are tracking the stats very carefully you can do about 4 bits of research and be left confused as to what happened. When my fatal wounds started to get cured I got confused as to why my skill points started shooting up really quickly.

Dialogue text: Less about the translation and odd word / characters (think people have mentioned this enough). Is there any chance for an opaque black background to go with it, or at least a darker one then there is right now? There are a few moments in the game where you talk to someone with a light in the background and you cant read what they are saying as the light blends with the yellow text.

Tutorial menu / NPCs and tutorials: Its nice there is a tutorial menu in the game, but it needs a little refinement. At the moment it seems very strange and clunky and one or two of the explanations seem a bit brief. Also, when you talk with certain NPCs, you ask them to explain what is happening in the game, it then tells you to hit "T" for the tutorial menu. This is a little... weird. Maybe have them also explain what happens without the video? Also, maybe have the weapons trainer have info on each gun and what situation its useful in?

CAW hammer / Depezador: Are the clip sizes supposed to be like that? The Depezador seems really powerful though the CAW hammer seems really underpowered due to its clip size. CAW Hammer would be cool with 32 rounds while the Depezador would possibly be just as good with only 10.

Opening locked existing levels: Some of the levels in the campaign were great fun to run through, such as below New Eden, the city with the Mentor’s… Mentor (forget his name, the “Ancient”), The level when you join the Federation and have to talk with the members of EYE to distract them etc… All of these would make possibly fun levels to have random missions in. Any chance they could have their doors opened in the main HQ at some point, or is it messy to create missions with the AI in them?

Anyhow, make what you will from this rambling. Hope to see the patch / DLC soon!

Last edited by Lemmington: 05-23-2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Added a section on the locked levels in the game
Lemmington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:31 AM   #60
UK_John

Thanks for a great game! My game of 2011! I don't care about spelling mistakes, I have good enough command of the English language to always understand what is trying to be said! I also don't feel it needs to be "polished". Bugs that kill quests or are story related and AI fixes are all I am interested in. I think gamers ask too much of indie companies on small budgets.

As to new game. Keep it in the cyberpunk world and i'll be happy, whatever genre it is! Would love a cyberpunk cRPG though!
UK_John is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy