Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RAGE

Old 04-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
jtamraz

rage refund

anyone interested in getting a refund since the software did not install/play/run or even start w/a system meeting/exceeding specs? Not the product as advertised? I'm sick of being legit, paying for progs and getting vaporware that makes me waste hours to run (in this case, won't even run). Since iD laid off employees it makes me want to consider hashing a class-action. IE by public admission (Carmacks) a year ago that the product prob wouldn't work, they still sell it as working. That is false advertising. Not gonna take this anymore. Yes its only $20....but hundreds are in my shoes, thousands have also been mislead, and a millionaire wants you to swallow it since he's fired a few dev's to cut costs.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
kelticpete

did your game not work?

I bought the physical edition, and it has worked so far.
kelticpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
lazy6pyro

I dont see what the point of this thread is. Want to file a class-action suit? Go right on ahead and actually just file it, and the assumed thousands will join in if they exist.
lazy6pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
TheGuvernor

No issues since third day after launch
TheGuvernor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:00 AM   #5
Sixstringchild

Doesn't work in SLI, which in this day and age is simply ridiculous. I can't enable GPU Transcoding as a result. I have horrible texture pop in from simply slowly turning the camera. It's not my rig:

GTX Hydro Copper 2 3 way sli
i7 2600k @ 4.6 ghz
16 gb DDR3 ram 7-8-7-24

This game should be flying and it barely runs. ID completely dropped the ball. There is a reason they aren't a relevant company anymore. I don't care how many fancy console only technologies they develop.
Sixstringchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #6
nrnoble

Its just trolling BS. New account with one post; someone is forum account flipping. Golly, nobody ever done that before...
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #7
Wisak

This is not my first post and i totally agree with him. I bought on release date for 50€, that is more than 50 Dollars and couldn't make it work. I installed every driver known by men, even some that weren't official. I tried every variation of the CFG file and every option inside the graphics menu. And doing absolutely all of that, couldn't make it work. I'm a game developer and i feel ashamed that someone working in this industry releases something like this and doesn't die trying to get a fix for a problem like this one.

Shame on you ID.
Wisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #8
nrnoble

^^ Fair enough.

If it works for a vast majority, then what more can or should they have done to make it work on your system?

My point is, if it works for 98% of gamers, is that good enough verification that the game works on normal gaming systems that are clean and stable. Gamers love to do all kinds of cool things, such as oc'ing their systems, but at some point they also need to accept that there are trade offs to tweaking their systems that cause problems game developers can not prevent.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #9
Badelhas

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrnoble View Post
^^ Fair enough.

If it works for a vast majority, then what more can or should they have done to make it work on your system?

My point is, if it works for 98% of gamers, is that good enough verification that the game works on normal gaming systems that are clean and stable. Gamers love to do all kinds of cool things, such as oc'ing their systems, but at some point they also need to accept that there are trade offs to tweaking their systems that cause problems game developers can not prevent.
works great? Lol. This game is one big fat bug. And it looks like a 8 year old game. Id as turned to the dark side of the force.
Badelhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #10
nrnoble

^^ Where did I say it "works great?"
Old 04-29-2012, 04:52 PM   #11
Badelhas

Quote:
^^ Fair enough.

works great? Lol. This game is one big fat bug. And it looks like a 8 year old game. Id as turned to the dark side of the force.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #12
lucifercrow514

There is not one bug in this game. Just because its not optimized for every hardware here we have people jumping to conclusions that its broken and its a big fat bug. It doesn't look like an 8 year old game. Graphics are not measured by face planting yourself on the walls to see how low the resolutions are. Your pc must be a disgrace. Mine is not all great with a low end quad core and it runs the game perfectly.

Last edited by lucifercrow514: 04-29-2012 at 05:57 PM.
lucifercrow514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #13
lucifercrow514

Quote:
^^ Fair enough.

This is good I like this.
+rep
Old 04-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #14
Badelhas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifercrow514 View Post
There is not one bug in this game. Just because its not optimized for every hardware here we have people jumping to conclusions that its broken and its a big fat bug. It doesn't look like an 8 year old game. Graphics are not measured by face planting yourself on the walls to see how low the resolutions are. Your pc must be a disgrace. Mine is not all great with a low end quad core and it runs the game perfectly.
exacly. U have a pc with the power of a 7 year old console and it looks good and optimized because it was made with consoles in mind. Crysis looks 10 times better and it's a 5 year old game.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:53 AM   #15
lucifercrow514

Never tried Crysis. Thats one game I need to play.
Have you even played with texture detail enabled? Im not sure what it is that makes you say it looks like an 8 year old game.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RAGE