Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Old 04-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #46
NuclearKangaroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxer View Post
Well, MW3 SP campaign is almost as good as COD4 and certainly better than MW2 and Blops. It's much more engaging and immersive compared to MW2 and Blops as well.

The MP is just the same old crap. But good enough for some brainless shooting. Personally I think MW3 was ok for some time wasting and if don't mind dying every 10 seconds.
fair enough

some people just hate COD for no other reason than it being popular, i mean some people dont even play the game and just say it sucks

my personal opinion on the matter is this

i learned from some time that modern shooters arent my thing, i mean i enjoyed COD4's SP but thats it, the MP is meh, i tried playing BFBC2 and i almost barfed at how bad it was, my mind couldnt comprehend how could anyone like that game, and i kept telling myself, "man BF2 was so much better", a few months ago i bought BF2 again trying to relive those great matches i once had only to discover, that game also sucks

so yeah i cant say i like either of the most popular modern shooters out there, it just feels like i die constantly, BF in general being worse because half of the freaking time you either cant see or cant deal with whatever killed you, it was either a sniper 3 million kilometers away or a Tank/APC/Helicopter/Jet, is unfair and is annoying, theres a lot of running around which only makes you more vulnerable to said things

COD, well yeah a campfest and whatnot but atleast i cant see the face of the guy who killed me

but i do thing COD4's campaign was excellent, the only thing from any modern shooter ive enjoyed "recently" (the game came out in 2007 so...), no if only BF could bring itself to create a campaign worth a damn
NuclearKangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #47
zpFrancis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaugler323 View Post
-The maps were the worst I've ever played. Never any open space. All alleyways that force you to run around like a chicken with your head cut off shooting your gun around until you get shot in the back. No multiplayer strategy is possible. Just spawn, shoot, die, repeat. It removed all skill from the game, so any average joe can start playing and be as good as anybody else out there.
Call of Duty 3 has better maps than MW3.

On topic: I encourage everyone to try the game out this weekend, just to troll in Search & Destroy.
zpFrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #48
bra2accas

Red face

im gonna try this out, never gonna buy it tho, id be disgusted and ashamed to have a COD title in my steam list. Is the singleplayer better than MP? my curiousity gets to me so Ill give it a shot online.

14gbs tho, this wont be staying on my hdd long...
bra2accas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:19 PM   #49
Gaugler323

Quote:
Originally Posted by bra2accas View Post
im gonna try this out, never gonna buy it tho, id be disgusted and ashamed to have a COD title in my steam list. Is the singleplayer better than MP? my curiousity gets to me so Ill give it a shot online.

14gbs tho, this wont be staying on my hdd long...
What if you like it though? MW2/3 are not for me. I loved COD1/2/4 but those days are over now I guess. MW2/3 are simply not for me. Its still a product people enjoy though. I wouldnt rule it out because you're afraid others will judge you. Thats a 13 y/o attitude. I ruled them out because I played them and didn't have any fun.
Gaugler323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #50
bra2accas

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaugler323 View Post
What if you like it though? MW2/3 are not for me. I loved COD1/2/4 but those days are over now I guess. MW2/3 are simply not for me. Its still a product people enjoy though. I wouldnt rule it out because you're afraid others will judge you. Thats a 13 y/o attitude. I ruled them out because I played them and didn't have any fun.
operation flashpoint 1 took over 7+ years of my life, I consider myself a very hardcore "realism sim" player, it would go completly against my nature to buy any cod title, or any similar arcade crap.

If COD was 1 bullet 1 kill then I may have considered it
bra2accas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #51
Porcupeth

Well that sucks..
Porcupeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #52
nether1n

If you are going to try the game make sure you have reporting tool.With this tool you can send cheaters gameplay demo to bancandy.Im sure all of you hate cheaters more than cod.
nether1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #53
klaount

Quote:
Originally Posted by nether1n View Post
If you are going to try the game make sure you have reporting tool.With this tool you can send cheaters gameplay demo to bancandy.Im sure all of you hate cheaters more than cod.
That's a reason to not even try the game
klaount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:03 PM   #54
Mave.ts

I'd like it if it doesn't show up in my library.

Now, you might ask why it's such a big problem. It isn't. I never even open the library. But I still would feel better if it simply wasn't there. :>
Mave.ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #55
prmaguiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobafett2k6 View Post
I bet the discount is 33%. If they're feeling really generous it might be 40%.
Fix'd
prmaguiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #56
NCPereira

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearKangaroo View Post
i bet the MP is not that bad, you guys are exaggerating
I saw you saying, in another post, that DOTA 2 was not that good and now this?!
NCPereira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #57
AsheMan

Has it even been a month since the last MW3 free weekend?
AsheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #58
Indecency

I installed MW3 for the last free weekend. I played a game and a half and quit. It keeps getting gimmickier and gimmickier. And even though I'm great at video games, better at first person shooters, and pretty amazing at CoD, being thrown into a map I don't know with unfair weapons is just not something I enjoy.

i.e. If it were really cheap (which it won't be) I would buy it but I'll probably skip this weekend.
Indecency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #59
Nightlock!

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogersdead View Post
Another sale and another thread full of whiners because the sale isn't exactly a game they want. So predictable.
no, it's exactly a game that we don't want. to exist.
Nightlock! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #60
wusyong0403

Where is the collection 1 for pc?
wusyong0403 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion