Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal

Old 04-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
hazy7687

Finally beat Portal 1! But feel like a noob...

I finally beat Portal 1! But I had to watch a Youtube video of how to beat Test Chamber 18 because there was just no way I was ever going to figure it out on my own. That made me feel like a noob. It's almost enough to make me feel like I didn't really earn beating Portal because chamber 18 was easily the hardest part.

But whatevs the GLADOS fight was awesome and I love all the funny stuff she (he?) says through out the game, I really laughed out loud quite a few times. Truly a great game and one I will beat the boss of many times I'm sure. But for now I can finally move onto Portal 2 and see what all the fuss is about! Hurray!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
Zekiran

Excellent! Welcome to the club!

It's worth noting that now that you've completed the game, you can start a new game and start getting the Transmission Received achievement, where you'll find radios in each chamber that when placed in the right spot on the map will give you a tidbit of a transmission (coded, it's from the Portal 2 ARG before it shipped). the challenge maps and such are also great fun - as well as there being plentiful mods and maps to play for challenge or unique experiences.
Zekiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
hazy7687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekiran View Post
Excellent! Welcome to the club!

It's worth noting that now that you've completed the game, you can start a new game and start getting the Transmission Received achievement, where you'll find radios in each chamber that when placed in the right spot on the map will give you a tidbit of a transmission (coded, it's from the Portal 2 ARG before it shipped). the challenge maps and such are also great fun - as well as there being plentiful mods and maps to play for challenge or unique experiences.
Lol now I'm wondering if I should do that before playing Portal 2, but I don't think I will. If anything that will just be added bonus whenever I decide to re-beat it, but I cannot put off playing Portal 2 any longer I really want to give it a shot. Thanks for the reply though, its nice to know about the radios I didn't know about that until now
hazy7687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:27 PM   #4
Zekiran

If you have it in your library of things to download (or if I guess you buy it in the steam store? I can't recall how I got it) there's the behind-the-scenes info on Portal 2, as well as the Lab Rat comic showing Doug Rattmann, the person responsible for the 'hints' on the walls in Portal. There are a lot of things available online that connect the games, and draw in a lot of speculation during the ARG.
Zekiran is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Portal