Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare 3

Old 04-26-2012, 04:47 AM   #1
Empty_Null

Exclamation MW3 crashes my system.

My brother has this problem with MW3 but no steam forum account.
So I'm posting this for him.
If you have any questions just ask.
Thank you.

Intel I5 750 No overclock.
Arctic-Cooling Freezer Xtreme Rev.2
Asus P7P55D BIOS up to date
4GB GSKILL 1600MHZ CL7 7-7-24
Sapphire ATI 4890 1GB VaporX (main graphics card)
Asus NVIDIA 9600 GT 512MB (physix card)
SiteCom PCI Wireless N card
1x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
1x WD 500 GB
1x Asus DVD reWriter.
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W
2x 140mm Silentwheel
1x 120mm Witte NZXT koeler
1x 140mm Witte NZXT koeler
NZXT Lexa S case.

Second graphics card (physix card) has already been removed but this does not solve anything. Bios has been updated, VGA and chipset drivers have been updated. Modern Warfare 3 and steam have been reinstalled. Verified the game and cache. Overclock has been removed and BIOS is set to default values. Nothing I tried solved the problem.

When trying to launch the game from Steam, from quick start menu or from the shortcut Steam launches and is loading but then when the pop up appears load game or something it disappears to load the game but before that my whole system freezes on the background. No game launcher has yet been loaded. I just see my background with mouse but nothing works. Ctrl Alt Delete does not work I can only restart the system using the reset button.

Through Steam Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty Black Ops function as they should no problems at all. Also no problems with the system itself just with Modern Warfare 3.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
Empty_Null

Anyone?
Empty_Null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #3
pawson

hi

- check here some tips : http://www.mapmodnews.com/staticpage...reezes-Crashes

- check integrity [ see you had checked ]

- graphic [ in game ] chosen to native ?

- see this forum "search" tool for similar case - there are a lot

- check this thread and its the very first post of Infinity [ he did a great job - easy to use/read ] : http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2225829

- if managed - pls return saying what has helped to serve to others with similar cases

[ you can try olso free soft named ...let me check..."gamebooster" or somethig ...it can freele check and prepare your machine to playing mode checking what is wrong too...- easy to install and reinstall too ]

regards
pawson

Last edited by pawson: 04-26-2012 at 11:35 PM.
pawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:29 AM   #4
Empty_Null

He has tried it all.
He even reinstalled both steam and MW3.
He told me it happened after not the last steam update but the one before that.
Empty_Null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #5
Darth Postal

Same problem here. Loading savegame in MW3 completely freezes the system (even Caps Lock doesn't work).

Everything worked fine the last time I played SP (in December). My hardware is the same and my settings are the same too. Nothing changed.

Multiplayer seems to be working fine.
Darth Postal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #6
Infinity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Null View Post
He has tried it all.
He even reinstalled both steam and MW3.
He told me it happened after not the last steam update but the one before that.
First of all go to Steam/Settings/Account and check VAC Status and Security Status.

Next log into your internet router and find the section for Port Forwarding. The firewall ports that the game needs and the firewall ports that Steam needs are forwarded to only one PC on your network at a time. All you have to do is tell the router to forward those ports to your brother's PC instead of yours then he'll be able to play fine. But you won't anymore.
Infinity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:32 AM   #7
LLLL LOLLLLLo

Banned
I have a feel you have the same problem I do... with the BSOD. if your computer is set to not reboot whenever one comes up, it just freezes. and if you do have this problem... you're out of luck. it's unfixable for us Intel guys.
LLLL LOLLLLLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #8
LLLL LOLLLLLo

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity7 View Post
First of all go to Steam/Settings/Account and check VAC Status and Security Status.

Next log into your internet router and find the section for Port Forwarding. The firewall ports that the game needs and the firewall ports that Steam needs are forwarded to only one PC on your network at a time. All you have to do is tell the router to forward those ports to your brother's PC instead of yours then he'll be able to play fine. But you won't anymore.
I really believe it's completely unrelated. I have no VAC infractions and my account security is well taken care of, not to mention I am on a DMZ, with no software firewall on, and no antivirus software installed. all these hinder a gaming computer's raw performance, and I haven't gotten a single virus ever since the Windows 2000 era, ~7 years ago.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #9
Darth Postal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity7 View Post

Riiiiight... So port forwarding on the router and VAC crashes my PC when I'm playing Single player...
Old 04-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #10
LLLL LOLLLLLo

Banned
i'm pretty sure you have the BSOD issue man, on some computers (mine included, since I turned the restart on BSOD off), it just locks up. this new patch ran ONCE without resulting in a BSOD, and it was only the very first time right after the update, out of the probably upwards of 70 times i attempted to run it ever since.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #11
Darth Postal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLL LOLLLLLo View Post
i'm pretty sure you have the BSOD issue man, on some computers (mine included, since I turned the restart on BSOD off), it just locks up. this new patch ran ONCE without resulting in a BSOD, and it was only the very first time right after the update, out of the probably upwards of 70 times i attempted to run it ever since.
Any fix suggestions? I really wanted to play SP this weekend since MP is plagued by noobs.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #12
LLLL LOLLLLLo

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Postal View Post
Any fix suggestions? I really wanted to play SP this weekend since MP is plagued by noobs.
if you TRULY want, you can try the Orochi-CEG app they're spreading in here, I guess. I haven't tried Orochi nor will I touch it, because quite honestly I demand that my game work like it should. it did earlier, why not now. other than that, i'm left MW3-less and there is no way to fix it, at ALL. I've done EVERY SINGLE THING possible, and it just won't work.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #13
melek-taus

The game still doesnt work for me.

Steam has updated COD MW3 but when I try to start the game my whole system hangs before it enter any load screen.
When pressing the shortcut from Windows/ from Steam/ from the C:// Steam folder and I see that Steam is loading the game, I receive an error that MW3 hasnt been shut down correctly, want to start safe mode or not, this will only change settings etc... Doesnt matter if I click Yes or No but after that screen my whole system hangs. No BSOD it just hangs even after a fresh installation of Steam and COD MW3.

Tried all solutions above, problem only arrises with MW3, all other Steam games or COD Black Ops, COD MW2, Skyrim work like a charm on max detail, settings.

No use in adjusting settings as I cant enter the COD MW3 menu it locks my computer before it can start. The error message before the game should start is normal. I used to receive it and I still receive it with MW2 and Black Ops but it has no infuence in the game.

Any suggestions, If not Ill stop trying and Ill post a complaint letter to Steam and COD as I aint paying 50 bucks for a game that only worked for a few months.

The problem happend right after the Steam/ COD update of around 20-4-2012. I was playing fine that friday and saturday I got a Steam update and ever since then BOOM my systems hangs when trying to start this game.

-PS- I''m the brother Empty is talking about.
melek-taus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #14
megasquals

I'm also having the same issues where the game will freeze my system on launch
megasquals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #15
AMI SirMisAlot

delete the configmp.cfg file in the
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty modern warfare 3\players2
folder if you are running 32 bit windows there is no (x86) just program files
restart game.if it asks choose
optimal settiings
vid driver up to date?
AMI SirMisAlot is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare 3