Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Grand Theft Auto series

Old 04-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
Epic Acid

Using trainers

Can you get banned for using GTA 4 trainers? I don't intend to use them with anyone else but a private match with a friend of mine. I know you can get achievements with them so im wondering if this is bannable.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
MonkeySeeker

If you mean VAC banned then no. None of the GTA games even use VAC.
MonkeySeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
Epic Acid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySeeker View Post
If you mean VAC banned then no. None of the GTA games even use VAC.
I meant more or less if you can be banned from Games for windows live on the account your using, if you play with it online in a free roam with just a friend (Due to the fact that certain achievements can be gained with the trainer). Thanks for the reply though.
Epic Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:12 AM   #4
MonkeySeeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Acid View Post
I meant more or less if you can be banned from Games for windows live on the account your using, if you play with it online in a free roam with just a friend (Due to the fact that certain achievements can be gained with the trainer). Thanks for the reply though.
Oh, then no you won't be banned. It's allowed in free mode. If you do use a trainer other players without the trainer won't be able to join your game and you won't be able to join theirs. Only people with the trainer will be able to join.
MonkeySeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #5
Epic Acid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySeeker View Post
Oh, then no you won't be banned. It's allowed in free mode. If you do use a trainer other players without the trainer won't be able to join your game and you won't be able to join theirs. Only people with the trainer will be able to join.
I haven't quite understood the joining other players without them type of thing. I go into free roams all the time or host one and someone with a trainer always ends up joining ruining a match. Mostly on EFLC. Anyway i really would like to use one in a private online match with a friend, if its not bannable. Can anyone link me to the trainer (Not sure which one to get because i heard there's an official one or something?) that they know is allowed. Thanks.
Epic Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #6
Deadly_Target

Simple Native Trainer
ASI loader
Deadly_Target is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Grand Theft Auto series