Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tropico series

Old 04-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
Montyleeny15

How do you usually start off playing?

I'm interested in how players start off with their chosen civilization on either single player or multiplayer by default. I personally start off by building a Monument and then spam 'Settler' until the happiness of my civ reaches a critical level. I love expanding. :-P

However, it was not until recently when I realised that I'm being randomly attacked by random civilizations and players for my greedy colonialist ways!

How do you guys start off? Are you the sort of player who cares more about the welfare of your civilization or rather its sustainability?
Old 04-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
JimV

If I'm surrounded by other civs or see alot of close by luxuries I could exploit by settling quickly, I tend to go Liberty and expand fast.

If the land around me isn't that promising for expansion and no nearby Civs, I tend to rush research, aiming to have National Epic/Science/Market/Happy wonders all built before I put down a second city.

If my starting point has alot of gold and/or Wine/Incense, I often rush culture. Choose Honor first and make 2 groups of archer/warriors to go slay barbarians for the culture bonus, so while I'm getting my first city or two defined, I'm gaining tons of culture.

*yes, I realize it's the wrong forum lol; just playing along
JimV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
James009

Exclamation El Presidente?

Gentlemen,

El Presidente runs a tropican island paradise, what are these "civilizations" you speak of? El Presidente only knows of the Great Russian Bear and the Filthy Capitalist Pig-Dogs and they cannot possibly threaten El Presidente's mighty military.

And what is this "Liberty" you speak of to "expand fast"? El Presidente only knows that liberty will cause the great and loyal citizens to become corrupted and turn to anarchy. Surely you seek to maintain your positions rather then hand it to the peasants?

Lastly, economics through resources is a prime means for El Presidente to obtain income and grow his economy. Gold, silver, lumber, and fish are all excellent ways to increase income which can be used to fund contruction of El Presidente Museums and Pubs which will certainly increase El Presidente's culture. Also, El Presidente is far more advanced then your pathetic "archer" or "warrior", El Presidente's Army is made up of infantry and tanks... we even have a space program.

... one day, maybe you will too.

- Pepito, El Presidente's Loyal Chief of Staff
James009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
Zenstrive

A clue to next expansion ?
Zenstrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #5
Montyleeny15

Oh no! I've just realised I posted this thread on the wrong forums! I am so sorry! I do apologise. :-( I intended to post this thread on the Civlization V forums.

Pretty please move this over to the Civlization V forums, pretty please! *cat eyes*
Montyleeny15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #6
Tankmetal

el presidente moves to have you jailed as a war criminal.
Tankmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:07 AM   #7
Montyleeny15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankmetal View Post
el presidente moves to have you jailed as a war criminal.
Oh no! D-: Meh, I'll just bribe El Presidente!
Montyleeny15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tropico series