Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mount & Blade series

Old 04-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
sonicsidewinder

Napoleanic Wars - Great, but needs fleshing out more.

Played Napoleanic Wars for a couple of days on and off. It's a brilliant idea and a lot of fun to play.

But I feel like it relies too much on players to roleplay. It needs a better way of commanding and communicating in multiplayer games.

There might be a commander giving out orders which are missed due to everyone else talking to each other.

What's more, the typed text is either white or blue depending on team/global speak. There should be an aditional colour code to, say, show a general, or nco is speaking, so people will take notice and listen to commands.

I'd like to play the game properly, with other players playing in the 'correct' way if you like.

A 'squad' system in the vein of the Battlefield games could make things controllable too. With only squad leaders capable of speaking to other Squad leaders and commanders to co'ordinate the battle.

I don't know how it could be done, but I think 'something' along these lines would help make Napoleanic Wars much more fun. The reliance on team play means that team interaction is paramount. i.e. not having soldiers running about randomly shooting at people acres away on their own.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
lazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicsidewinder View Post
Played Napoleanic Wars for a couple of days on and off. It's a brilliant idea and a lot of fun to play.

But I feel like it relies too much on players to roleplay. It needs a better way of commanding and communicating in multiplayer games.

There might be a commander giving out orders which are missed due to everyone else talking to each other.

What's more, the typed text is either white or blue depending on team/global speak. There should be an aditional colour code to, say, show a general, or nco is speaking, so people will take notice and listen to commands.

I'd like to play the game properly, with other players playing in the 'correct' way if you like.

A 'squad' system in the vein of the Battlefield games could make things controllable too. With only squad leaders capable of speaking to other Squad leaders and commanders to co'ordinate the battle.

I don't know how it could be done, but I think 'something' along these lines would help make Napoleanic Wars much more fun. The reliance on team play means that team interaction is paramount. i.e. not having soldiers running about randomly shooting at people acres away on their own.
Just 1 question. Is it worth it?(I mean 9,99usd is nice price or i should expect next big sale?)
lazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
bra2accas

can anyone help me, Im very very confused, I only found out about napleonic wars not long ago and thought its a freeware mod? now its DLC u have topay? pls help enlighten me
bra2accas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #4
Hypa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazar View Post
Just 1 question. Is it worth it?(I mean 9,99usd is nice price or i should expect next big sale?)
yes it is
Hypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #5
daflipp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bra2accas View Post
can anyone help me, Im very very confused, I only found out about napleonic wars not long ago and thought its a freeware mod? now its DLC u have topay? pls help enlighten me
Mount & Musket is/was free. NW is a newer version (afaik they've redone nearly everything) of that mod costing money and beeing sold as a DLC for Warband. If you ask me, totally worth the money. Atmosphere is great and intense.
daflipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
firemane

I'm kinda figuring out that joining one of the servers that have a teamspeak addy is a good idea.

There is no way you can do any sort of C3 when your text is washed away at warp speed by the scrolling casualty reports.
firemane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:07 AM   #7
bra2accas

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflipp View Post
Mount & Musket is/was free. NW is a newer version (afaik they've redone nearly everything) of that mod costing money and beeing sold as a DLC for Warband. If you ask me, totally worth the money. Atmosphere is great and intense.
because of this post I am now buying the dlc
Old 04-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #8
lazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypa View Post
yes it is
lazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #9
Mods

Quote:
because of this post I am now buying the dlc
An awesome mod which people enjoyed for ages totally for free, now being sold super cheaply so the makers actually get some money out of it?
OUTRAGEOUS
Mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:48 AM   #10
bra2accas

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mods View Post
An awesome mod which people enjoyed for ages totally for free, now being sold super cheaply so the makers actually get some money out of it?
OUTRAGEOUS
u mad? its worth every penny, its the BEST DLC I have EVER bought in my 20+ years of gaming, MAGNIFICENT online
Old 04-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #11
Chewy1.2

Quote:
u mad? its worth every penny, its the BEST DLC I have EVER bought in my 20+ years of gaming, MAGNIFICENT online
Sarcasm. That is all
Chewy1.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #12
bra2accas

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy1.2 View Post
Sarcasm. That is all
I wasnt being sarcastic, I mean everything I say
Old 04-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #13
Chewy1.2

Quote:
I wasnt being sarcastic, I mean everything I say
Not you, Mods was clearly being sarcastic. Hence the all caps "OUTRAGEOUS".

It's very hard to read sarcasm in text form. I don't blame you.
Chewy1.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #14
Cpt.Henry

Other than the crap community, the game is fun to play for sure. but you will see ALOT of 12 year old chat. It's like playing COD cus all the kids can afford to buy it. Thanks parent's you're so awsome. (if they are'nt kids, they act like them)
Cpt.Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #15
bdd458

Trust me, it's more professional when you join a regiment and are in an actual linebattle. The main meat of this DLC is to join a reg and get on an LB.
bdd458 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mount & Blade series