Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Total War: SHOGUN 2

Old 04-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
PrivateJoker

Red face Ally support doesn't work

I was just playing the campaign and I besieged a castle and decided to continue the siege until the next turn, in that time an ally of mine approached the castle with his troops. This meant that his army was reinforcing me in the coming battle. This never usually happens to me in the campaign, the reinforcements I usually get are from my own army, so I was interested to see how it would play out. Would I control his troops or would the AI aid me as best he could? Well, what happened was, the battle began, I saw that reinforcements were approaching, but they were just stationary, just outside the map border, they did not move for the entire battle, not once and I could not move them, they were not even within the map so they couldn't fight either. I had to face an overwhelming force on my own (I still won, but lost more troops than I would have liked to). My army was moderately sized so this was not a question of the amount of troops allowed in the battle, my ally just didn't really turn up, though I could see his troops, mocking me from outside the red map line. My question is: is this a common bug? Will this happen every time an ally aids me? If so, why hasn't CA fixed this yet?
Old 04-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
Teh_Barbarian

What is worse, is that twice now, my ally (In two different campaings) Decided to "aid me" besieging a castle, but waited for me to be pushed off the siege to just walk in and take the castle himself, after the massive effort of money and logistics, not to mention heavy loss of men so I could cap the providence.

Anyway, regarding your issue, it hasn't happened to me. I was in a battle and got reinforcements from the AI where they controlled the troops.
Teh_Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:02 AM   #3
Mr_Eon

I usually don't rely on Allies coming to help in a siege.

I HAVE refused to participate when an Ally initiated the siege just so he got cut to pieces and blunted the defenders so I could roflstomp them in my next turn.

If that makes me a bad Daimyo then I don't wanna be good.
Mr_Eon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:00 AM   #4
PrivateJoker

This was actually my first time I'd been in a campaign battle with an ally in Shogun 2, hopefully this is just a one off bug. Thanks for the responses
PrivateJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:15 AM   #5
Apheirox

It is just an one-off bug, it usually works. The AI is naive like a child and will never try to trick you or not fully commit to an assault. What Barbarian describes must have been another fluke.
Apheirox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #6
masterthehero

So far whenever I've had that scenario happen, I usually just click on auto-resolve, because the AI doesn't seem to show up in my battles anyway.
masterthehero is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Total War: SHOGUN 2