Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Blood Bowl series

Old 04-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
sgegmung

Wizard Bug

Hi,

I have a strange bug in the campaign mode when I hire a wizard. When I click end event (wizard) or even if I let the timer end, the computer team does nothing for 4 minutes on their next turn ...

Anyone else ?

Last edited by sgegmung: 04-27-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
VoodooMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgegmung View Post
Hi,

I have a strange bug in the campaign mode when I hire a wizard. When I click end event (wizard) or even if I let the timer end, the computer team does nothing for 4 minutes on their next turn ...

Anyone else ?
This is a known problem with the game as of the latest patch. In essence, the AI is never signalled that you've made a decision about the wizard use, and so their entire turn times out waiting for you to make a decision you've already made.

You can hackfix the issue (which is to say deal with it until they figure out how to fix it) by altering Match.xml which you'll find in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\bood bowl legendary edition\Data\Match

Assuming you don't have a nonstandard setup. Open the XML file and find:

<WizardOpponentTurnDuration>15000</WizardOpponentTurnDuration>

Then replace it with:

<WizardOpponentTurnDuration>15</WizardOpponentTurnDuration>

If you do that, you should be able to play your matches relatively normally until Cyanide gets around to fixing the bug, though every time they post a patch WITHOUT fixing it, you'll have to go in and fix the file this same way.
VoodooMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Blood Bowl series