Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Analogue: A Hate Story

Old 04-27-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
kojk6

Of all the games I'ver seen and own ..

This game seem a lot interesting and takes an interesting and a new pace for gamers like me who play a lot of games of all the varieties , I just love games that involves anime art .

Thank god there is a demo , going to try it now , Tell me/us what are you guys think ? is it a good game or a bad one ?

Last edited by kojk6: 04-27-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
TheDarkChaplain

I really hope this starts a trend of Visual Novel-Styled Games on Steam.

Seeing games like these appear on Steam, though, is encouraging, to say the least. Let's hope MangaGamer might get to put the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Visual Novels on Steam in the future, and that 7th Expansion and Witch Hunt work together to release an official western version of Umineko no Naku Koro ni to the western audiences.
JAST apparently voiced interest in bringing Steins;Gate onto Steam, but who knows how long it will take them to even discuss the matter with 5pb and Nitro+, and Valve for that matter.

If only the niche can be made attractive to people using Steam, we might enter a new bright age of localised visual novels, expanding the market beyond the inofficial fan translation pool international fans have to use.

Here's hoping.
TheDarkChaplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
Jip_Bip_Jo

Maybe we could have those Katawa Shoujo guys do a steam special edition with a pdf artbook.
Jip_Bip_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
Capibara

But Katawa Shoujo already has free artbooks, you can get those on their website.

I actually played Digital: A Love Story and Don't take it personally babe it just ain't your story before so this was an instant buy for me ^^
Capibara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
peroim_feld

OP, you might want to take a look at this:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...-a-hate-story/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkChaplain View Post

Seeing games like these appear on Steam, though, is encouraging, to say the least. Let's hope MangaGamer might get to put the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Visual Novels on Steam in the future, and that 7th Expansion and Witch Hunt work together to release an official western version of Umineko no Naku Koro ni to the western audiences.
JAST apparently voiced interest in bringing Steins;Gate onto Steam, but who knows how long it will take them to even discuss the matter with 5pb and Nitro+, and Valve for that matter.

If only the niche can be made attractive to people using Steam, we might enter a new bright age of localised visual novels, expanding the market beyond the inofficial fan translation pool international fans have to use.

Here's hoping.
This. A thousand times this. There's such a vast ammount of excellent VNs that are completely unknown in the West. If Steam starts carrying them, we might see a whole revolution in the genre. +1 for hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jip_Bip_Jo View Post
Maybe we could have those Katawa Shoujo guys do a steam special edition with a pdf artbook.
I doubt KS will ever make it here; it's too controversial, and I don't think Valve wants all those moral guardians flaming Steam.
peroim_feld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
WO Saotome A.

Quote:
A thousand times yes, when I saw this, I was like, Damn, one billion highly successful Japanese visual novels and they bring a Korean one I never even heard it?

But then it hit me, same way Recettear made a gap for games like Ys to appear on steam, this might do the same for visual Novels, I can already begin to taste things like When they Cry...
WO Saotome A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #7
kojk6

Quote:
Originally Posted by peroim_feld View Post

I doubt KS will ever make it here; it's too controversial, and I don't think Valve wants all those moral guardians flaming Steam.

moral guardains flaming Steam ? never heard of em , but Yeah while I don't know much of these type of games and how do they play (I'm checking your link which gives me the idea that this is almost as saying : "That's it , you get what coming") I think I will enjoy it because I'm a novel type guy who likes to read good very romance/dark stories .

And I'm telling ya for a guy who watched "ef" from the beginning to the end , I think I can manege playing a novel type game .
kojk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #8
Lurpsukka

Quote:

Here's hoping.
I asked about getting visual novels on Steam few months ago and people said it's unlikely/never going to happen. I'm also glad to see these kind of games making into the digital distribution, hope to see more of them in the near future. Of course we can only hope for games that don't feature nudity, but I'm all for good story based visual novels with multiple endings.

Thank you Steam/Valve for making this happen
Lurpsukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #9
kojk6

Quote:

Here's hoping.
I will say what the others have said before me , this a thousand time

I WANT games like these , there is no reason not to have em at all because I know that eventully I will get hooked by their styles , and how good and well written the story in em , and I mentioned that I haven't tried it out yet , I just know I'm going to get hooked ... hopefully really :O

another reason why indie games is the way to go .
kojk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #10
kralle777

You guys already said it a thousand times but I want to say it again: We want Visual Novels on Steam!

There are lots of great VNs available and I would love to buy them on Steam. Some months ago there were rumors of a Steins;Gate release on Steam. That would be really great!
kralle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #11
mrraditch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capibara View Post
I actually played Digital: A Love Story and Don't take it personally babe it just ain't your story before so this was an instant buy for me ^^
Me too. I really loved digital, and I had been thinking about buying this game from her website for $15 when I found out about it last week. Glad I waited. Bought it as soon as it showed up on Steam.
mrraditch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #12
jhxp

Might be checking this one out once I finish some of the games in my backlog.

Naturally, I also hope that more of the games from this genre will start appearing on Steam from now on.
jhxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #13
MiniSusi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojk6 View Post
This game seem a lot interesting and takes an interesting and a new pace for gamers like me who play a lot of games of all the varieties , I just love games that involves anime art .

Thank god there is a demo , going to try it now , Tell me/us what are you guys think ? is it a good game or a bad one ?
I played the demo and well i kinda liked it. Thus i'm thinking of buying it, should i do it
MiniSusi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #14
Darkimmortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurpsukka View Post
Of course we can only hope for games that don't feature nudity
You're forgetting The Witcher 1 and 2, and likely others
Darkimmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #15
Askjosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkimmortal View Post
You're forgetting The Witcher 1 and 2, and likely others
Oblivion, Fallout, Fallout NV, and Skyrim, of course that's only after you install one of the adult mods
Askjosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Analogue: A Hate Story