Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Analogue: A Hate Story

Old 04-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #16
Duellona

Originally Posted by Lurpsukka View Post
Of course we can only hope for games that don't feature nudity

Because it's ok to decapitate a young girl as long you can't see her breasts..

USA USA USA..

I am from the USofA and I find this fear of nudity oddly ominous, its almost as if people are afraid of the Power of an attractive nude female and wish to keep her covered perhaps only allowing her eyes to show..

I think nudity is wonderful as long as I can pick who is nude..

semi kidding. only semi....

Duellona
Duellona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #17
{Yotsuba}

I really hope this starts a trend of Visual Novel-Styled Games on Steam.

Just think, if Valve were to actively approach Japanese publishers for distributing their VNs in Japan, they'd blow the bloody roof off Steam here. Too bad it won't happen. Even if they do manage to get Japanese developed VNs on here, they'll be restricted so they can't be purchased in Japan =/

Still, seeing this on here was a nice surprise. I wonder now, if there's a chance of getting Shira Oka - Second Chances on Steam. I'd happily buy that one again even after already sinking a good 80 hours in it.
{Yotsuba} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #18
Kombucho

Clannad is a nice visual novel
Kombucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:37 PM   #19
Cloakedboltz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombucho View Post
Clannad is a nice visual novel
Agreed, the anime is pretty good too.

Little Busters is good too, so is Ever 17. Kanon maybe...
Cloakedboltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:33 AM   #20
BDtetra

I know it might kind of sound ridiculous and all, but I just find it pretty much impossible to follow the story line (at least in the demo) because I'm just not used to seeing or reading Korean names, and I can't remember their names...
I mean its definitely not anybody's fault except for me that I can't follow along the story, its just kind of sad that I find the game itself fairly interesting but the only thing thats really stopping me from consider to buying it is the names...

Last edited by BDtetra: 04-28-2012 at 12:36 AM.
BDtetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #21
pkt-zer0

The Phoenix Wright games haven't been mentioned yet. Those would also be pretty great. I think there's already a PC port of them, but in Japan only, or something silly like that.
pkt-zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:20 AM   #22
WO Saotome A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloakedboltz View Post
Agreed, the anime is pretty good too.

Little Busters is good too, so is Ever 17. Kanon maybe...
Air!

Hell, anything made by Key in proper english would be awesome.
WO Saotome A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:41 AM   #23
deceze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDtetra View Post
I know it might kind of sound ridiculous and all, but I just find it pretty much impossible to follow the story line (at least in the demo) because I'm just not used to seeing or reading Korean names, and I can't remember their names...
I hear ya, and I'm married to a Korean...
The thing is, it doesn't matter that much. I was confused a bit in the beginning as well, but just glanced over it. You certainly don't have to memorize the family tree or anything. Just keep going, and you'll start to focus on one of the story lines, which narrow down to a few characters and names very quickly. Once the story really gets going, you'll recognize the characters by their role, not their name. And the family tree and always just one click away...
deceze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:11 AM   #24
bra2accas

Red face

does this ebook have music in it? never "played" these type of game things, (I have dear esther) <--- not comparing but Im just curious
bra2accas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:22 AM   #25
jimrad1

Well I'll buy without reservations. I would love to do my part to promote interactive books via game play. I really feel its the wave the future, instead of just reading, your involved in the novel. Besides, the developer is just way to interesting to resist. Great looking work, count me in.
jimrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:27 AM   #26
Cerzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bra2accas View Post
does this ebook have music in it? never "played" these type of game things, (I have dear esther) <--- not comparing but Im just curious
Play the demo, man. It's far more than just an "ebook". To answer your question, yes.
Cerzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:04 AM   #27
Kuraudo

Even the term "sound novel" doesn't properly catch what Christine Love has done with this - it's very smart. I'd safely say that this is a game, albeit with more reading than anything else.
Kuraudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #28
gruntmaster1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bra2accas View Post
If you're serious, than yes it has music, but no voices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojk6 View Post

moral guardains flaming Steam ? never heard of em , but Yeah while I don't know much of these type of games and how do they play (I'm checking your link which gives me the idea that this is almost as saying : "That's it , you get what coming") I think I will enjoy it because I'm a novel type guy who likes to read good very romance/dark stories .

And I'm telling ya for a guy who watched "ef" from the beginning to the end , I think I can manege playing a novel type game .
Are you aware that ef is based on a visual novel? It is currently getting translated by a fan group called no name losers and will be sold at mangagamer.

-------------------
Based on the demo, Analouge seems to have a pretty good atmosphere to it. Mystery/detective games were never my cup of tea though, so I will most likely give it a pass.

Last edited by gruntmaster1: 04-28-2012 at 11:33 AM.
gruntmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #29
darkmind35

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntmaster1 View Post
Are you aware that ef is based on a visual novel? It is currently getting translated by a fan group called no name losers and will be sold at mangagamer.
To correct, it's already translated and copy of the seven seas sails on the net. After nnl released "ef lite" they came to an agreement with xenophobic minori (blocking foreign region computers from installing etc.) and now they're planning for an official release.
darkmind35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #30
Pumpgunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jip_Bip_Jo View Post
Maybe we could have those Katawa Shoujo guys do a steam special edition with a pdf artbook.
I SAW that coming ... from miles ago ...
Pumpgunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Analogue: A Hate Story