Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binary Domain

Old 04-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
brotrrwinner

Banned
Mouse acceleration/smothing. Any way to disable it?

What the title said. Any way to disable this terrible "feature"?
Old 04-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
WskOsc

I'd love to know. This game has a really sticky feel when playing with the mouse, it made me just abandon it and use my 360 pad.
WskOsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
LoboFHmod

If you move fast the mouse the crosshair goes very slow, if you move slow the mouse crosshair moves fast, it's counterintuitive.

With the controller it works as intended.

This needs to be fixed.
LoboFHmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
_GUMA_

I can't play shooters with my controller
_GUMA_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
tutumaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by _GUMA_ View Post
I can but this game is all about accurate shot (an headshot is not like shooting in the chest) so the mouse is much better, until that acceleration crap comes to mess up the pleasure...
tutumaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #6
_GUMA_

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutumaster View Post
I can but this game is all about accurate shot (an headshot is not like shooting in the chest) so the mouse is much better, until that acceleration crap comes to mess up the pleasure...
I really tried a lot but it's too hard (or impossible) to aim with a controller, I can't handle that very strange (and annoying) sensibility. I only like to play using my controller when I'm playing games like: soccer, racing and hack n' slash.
_GUMA_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #7
tutumaster

Quote:
I really tried a lot but it's too hard (or impossible) to aim with a controller, I can't handle that very strange (and annoying) sensibility. I only like to play using my controller when I'm playing games like: soccer, racing and hack n' slash.

I'm a keyboard/mouse extremist Actually, I can use a 360 pad because I have to play some games that never showed up on PC like Red Dead Redemption or Vanquish (much better than BD) so I finally get used to it. For all PC games needing some aiming, I always choose my mouse
tutumaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:32 AM   #8
RavN

I too play with a mouse and have the same issue. It seems to be related to mouse acceleration of some kind. If anyone knows a fix please post.
RavN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:13 AM   #9
BenKYS

The accel is god awful but what's weirdest about it is that it seems to be reversed accel where moving the mouse slowly = faster on screen movement and moving the mouse quickly = slower movement on screen. How the hell does that make any sense for gamepad or mouse?

I at least notice that while aiming with mouse 2 there doesn't seem to be any accel whatsoever so you can at least still hit headshots while aimed. Looking around is quite challenging with the weird accel, though.
BenKYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:29 AM   #10
RaranTroff

The controls feel really clunky and tacked on. I have a great gaming mouse and I may as well have a $20 walmart special pos for all the good it does in this game. I should have just got it on ps3 or 360.

Multi player has to be such a joy with the bassawkward configuration this game uses. lol

Last edited by RaranTroff: 04-28-2012 at 03:31 AM.
RaranTroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:57 AM   #11
knapman

just tried the demo hoping some of the mouse issues were getting exagerated, unfortunatly it seems like they are being understated

doesn't feel like there is just acceleration to blame, controls are so bad it feels like they are running some mouse to virtual analog stick conversion

bad enough to be a game breaker for me so i'll be holding out for news on a fix
knapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #12
eclipsemattaru

Who the hell releases a game like this? I find it hard to believe they would put this crap in on purpose. Can't they fetch *one* PC gamer to test the game for 7 seconds? Because anyone on their right mind would take even less than that to tell them to drop that smoothing --especially one that works as badly as this.
eclipsemattaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:27 AM   #13
NeoRokuen

The mouse control in this game is like Mechwarrior 4: Mercs. A game that came out in 2002. So hey, emulated joysticks? Welcome to 10 years ago.
NeoRokuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:35 AM   #14
Wizzler

Quote:
Nobody can, nobody should and a normal person wont do it.
Wizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:04 AM   #15
RaranTroff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoRokuen View Post
The mouse control in this game is like Mechwarrior 4: Mercs. A game that came out in 2002. So hey, emulated joysticks? Welcome to 10 years ago.
The Mechwarrior games were way better than this, though back then I used a combination of throttle stick, keyboard, and mouse to jock with.

BD is way worse, I equate it to early attempts to use a mouse for fps games in the 90s.
RaranTroff is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binary Domain